Minix XBMC beta release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbarriba View Post
    1. .wtv files recorded from Windows Media Center (circa 3GB size / MPEG2 / bitrate: 3716 kb/s)
      • Some play fine, but most crash out the app after the loading bar shows for few seconds.

Samples, please.
    Originally posted by sbarriba View Post

• XBMC - video plays in a reduced window - I had to use the Stretch "View mode"
    Yep, known issue, same as the one reported by Molle. Will be solved in next beta/release

Comment

multilingual XBMC keyboard

Originally posted by Koying View Post
      Samples, please.

Yep, known issue, same as the one reported by Molle. Will be solved in next beta/release
      Hi Koying,
      Could you make multilingual XBMC keyboard in next beta/release?

Comment

Samples, please.

Test clip provided as a PM. It is not consistent for the same .wtv files. Trying to play a 1GB .wtv file crashed twice then played. Crashes seem more prevalent with larger files e.g. multi GB.

Comment

Good news.

This is the only issue I have encountered and it's really a minor one. For now, I'll just manually adjust the a/r of 16:9 .rec files on a video-by-video basis.
          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Bob, download is down am i going to wrong post...

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Here is a Minix XBMC that will run on my Finless ROMs. I took out the build.prop model check! Nothing more!

APK -> Minix XBMC APP that works on Finless ROMs (53 megs)

So now you get my build.prop tweaks for the Google Play compatibility AND Minix XBMC APP will now run.

Sorry Minix but people like my ROMs better then stock so this is a must for people to be happy.

FYI folks, don't expect this to work on anything other than the X7. It also has tweaks specific to X7 hardware, library files, or something like that. I tried it on my CX-919 and it wont run. It passes the model check but never opens (it hangs with a black screen).

Enjoy,
            Bob
            I help with 4GD663269M466950W
            And you ????
            --
            My devices:
            Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
            Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

Originally posted by billgatos View Post
              Bob, download is down am i going to wrong post...
              See post #41 in this thread.

Comment

koying, nice to see you around these parts! I'm installing beta 2 of your XBMC for MINIX app right now. I currently use your other customized XBMC app, SPMC for Ouya, and have a couple of random movies that refuse to play.

A question: Any plans to integrate the fixes in XBMC 12.3 into the MINIX/Ouya apps? Or are they the slow ones and do we already have all of those fixes already?

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  koying, nice to see you around these parts! I'm installing beta 2 of your XBMC for MINIX app right now. I currently use your other customized XBMC app, SPMC for Ouya, and have a couple of random movies that refuse to play.

A question: Any plans to integrate the fixes in XBMC 12.3 into the MINIX/Ouya apps? Or are they the slow ones and do we already have all of those fixes already?
                  Mmm... Do you have specifics one which are missing?
                  The minix one is built above SPMC, so everything should be there...

Comment

Hi Koying,

Thank you for all your efforts with XBMC for we MINIX owners. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I was just wondering if all your optimisation efforts for the customised versions of XBMC will eventually be folded into the standard releases? I presume that you are being compensated to produce the MINIX and OUYA versions first but I wonder if these separate development streams will be supportable in the long run. If the master build eventually gets these fixes and optimisations then everyone can simply use the standard builds as they are released in the long run.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,
                    Ian.

Comment

The "Matrix" test file from here plays with no video in this build but works on the Ouya build.

Comment

is there any way to upload minix xbmc beta 2 for finless 1.8 somewhere else?download links are dead... thanks

Comment

Can somebody reupload the fixed XBMC for Minix? I have installed a custom ROM for my Minix Neo G4, but can't install it and Gotham's HW acceleration doesn't work well enough. Or give me a guide, which can help me install it?

Comment

XBMC minix for finless 1.9

Is there a version of minix xbmc beta 2 for finless 1.9? I just installed 1.9 and can't find xbmc minix for it

Comment

Originally posted by chelun View Post
                              Is there a version of minix xbmc beta 2 for finless 1.9? I just installed 1.9 and can't find xbmc minix for it
                              Use SPMC instead.
                              Semper Media Center (SPMC in short) is a android-minded fork of Kodi, by the former Kodi android maintainer, Koying

Comment

Working...
                              X