No announcement yet.

UPDATED- NEW - MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if 1.7a supports any usb Soundcards for the mk908? Ive found some old threads about this topic but could not find a real answer.

short version: I need to be able to output sound to a second device (and still have it output over hdmi to the first device)

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      If the CWM your using was done correctly then yes you can backup to External SDcard!

Backing up to internal sdcard can be done but once the backup is done you must copy the backup from internal sdcard to your PC as YES a ROM flash erases internal sdcard! Then when you flash a ROM let android boot, copy everything back to internal sdcard and reboot to recovery (CWM). Then do a restore.

If your CWM is not working right, try the TWRP recovery here:

I like it better than CWM and recently have been including it in my ROMs.

Bob
      Thank you Bob. That is what I was looking for since I'm on stock ROM (for now until your version of KitKat for this device).

Comment

Tronsmart mk908 no screen

I am in same situation. How did you solve your problem?

Thanks.

Originally posted by phintron View Post
        I have a tronsmart mk908 bought from DealsPrime . When I boot it it says R-Box. I am not sure what version of MK908 it is.

I flashed the 1.7a ROM yesterday on this device & now I don't see it booting up. I don't see anything on my screen. I tried flashing multiple times , as per the recommended process & the flasing was successfull each time, but now I am not able to use the device.

This is what I see on opening my device. It says HTC-T012-V1. So my query whether the finelss ROM 1.7a will work on this device?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4637[/ATTACH]

Any one can throw some more light on how I can resolve the issue.

Comment

ipsec/l2tp support

Hi there!
          Is it possible to add l2tp/ipsec support to the next release?
          BTW how can we do it by ourselves?
          Thanks a lot!

UPDATE 12/10/2013

Here is 1.7a. The ONLY change is a new recovery.img that works with all models of MK908.
          If your already up and running on 1.7 there is no reason to reflash the entire ROM.

Link below now updated to 1.7a

Bob

OK folks you have been asking and I finally got around to it. A new ROM made from the latest beelink/tronsmart ROM "overseas".

This kernel still had the old frame skipping issues so I fixed that by patching the kernel. Special thanks to Mr. Anderson for his patcher that makes the job a lot easier

THEN... this time around I bring you a set of vsync patched Over-Clock kernels. They are a separate download for those that want to use them. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:

0) Sorry I hated the new launcher provided with this ROM. It sucks in my opinion!
          So I put back the AOSP Android launcher.

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
          BUT you also have parameter file options!
          There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
          Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
          Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
          I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
          Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
          Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. Rockchip sources now have this fix in!
          We at Freaktab learned this fix from Christian Tory. Then FreakTab dev's passed it on to Minix, then this obviously got to Rockchip!
          Amazing! All RockChip ROMs have had this GameLoft issue for 3 years. Now because of us Android lovers, RockChip finally fixed this! I am proud as I am sure all FreakTab Dev's are, to have helped Android progress even from Chip makers like RockChip! Eventually they do listen to us users
          With that said.... ROCKCHIP! RELEASE SOURCES!
          If your going to use the communities developers to help you, THEN HELP US! Do the right thing!
          Sorry folks... Rant over...

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
          I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
          Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
          I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
          If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
          Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
          Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
          Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908ii.
          WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

10) I provide the stock kernel but it does have the micro frame skipping issue!
          BUT I have also created Vsync patched kernels that fix the micro frame skipping!
          I have set the flash tool to use a 720P vsync kernel by default.

11) 1080P Kernel if you want it!
          I also created a stock 1080 kernel (has frame skipping) as well as a vsync patched 1080 kernel.
          See instructions below for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
          720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

12) By request I added TUN.KO for VPN support. It was not in the kernel by default.

Here is the link for MK908 1.7a ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM (272 megs)

Here is the links for MK908 1.7 ROM - OC kernel set

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Finless 1.7 ROM - Over Clocked Vsync Kernels (121 megs)

Enjoy,
          Bob

Comment

908ii screen flicker solution

Hello to all, this post is directed to Finless Bob. Hello Bob, again thank you for all your continued hard work you keep providing for us on this online community. I would like to know if there are any solutions so far for the screen flicker issue some of us are experiencing. I have a Tronsmart 908ii TV stick and I have yet to resolve this issue. Its about four months since I have had my mini PC and have not yet been able to use it because of this issue and the choppy video play back. It would be greatly appreciated if you can shed some light on this situation. Thanks in advance Bob.

Comment

AW: UPDATED- NEW - MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM

Originally posted by Jmanstan View Post
              Hello to all, this post is directed to Finless Bob. Hello Bob, again thank you for all your continued hard work you keep providing for us on this online community. I would like to know if there are any solutions so far for the screen flicker issue some of us are experiencing. I have a Tronsmart 908ii TV stick and I have yet to resolve this issue. Its about four months since I have had my mini PC and have not yet been able to use it because of this issue and the choppy video play back. It would be greatly appreciated if you can shed some light on this situation. Thanks in advance Bob.
              First of all you are on the wrong thread, this is for mk908 and not mk908II. But yes, there is a solution, you just need to find a fixed kernel for your device, the problem was caused by wrong hdmi voltage afaik.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

If the CWM your using was done correctly then yes you can backup to External SDcard!

Backing up to internal sdcard can be done but once the backup is done you must copy the backup from internal sdcard to your PC as YES a ROM flash erases internal sdcard! Then when you flash a ROM let android boot, copy everything back to internal sdcard and reboot to recovery (CWM). Then do a restore.

If your CWM is not working right, try the TWRP recovery here:

I like it better than CWM and recently have been including it in my ROMs.

Bob
                Hi and thenks for the help
                i have try everything but i can't restore the backup i have made
                is there any step by step guide how to backup and recovery mk908v3 with 1.7a rom
                i have now new mk908v3 i have flash this rom 1.7a as shown in first page
                i reboot into recovery then i go to "recovery system from backup" and when i press enter to that the system just reboots on android.
                what i am doing wrong?

Comment

908ii screen fliker solution

Hello to all, first of all thanks to Fadefx for the feedback. I have an Mk908ii and I am looking for a solution to the screen flicker issue ihave been experiencing for the last couple of months. I was told that I have to find the right fixed kernel for my device. I am fearly new to the flashing of these devices and would greatly appreciate any direction on finding the kernel and procedure for flashing it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello to all, first of all thanks to Fadefx for the feedback. I have an Mk908ii and I am looking for a solution to the screen flicker issue ihave been experiencing for the last couple of months. I was told that I have to find the right fixed kernel for my device. I am fearly new to the flashing of these devices and would greatly appreciate any direction on finding the kernel and procedure for flashing it. Thanks in advance.
                    Unfortunately the forum is a bit cluttered already due to people posting in the wrong thread, but if you search the forum like you are supposed to, instead of asking questions that are already answered. Dont take this personal, but people need to learn to use search before asking, if we would answer any question anyehere we would need only one thread for everything and no need to use search because you would not find a thing, but we could answer every question every time it gets asked.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                      Unfortunately the forum is a bit cluttered already due to people posting in the wrong thread, but if you search the forum like you are supposed to, instead of asking questions that are already answered. Dont take this personal, but people need to learn to use search before asking, if we would answer any question anyehere we would need only one thread for everything and no need to use search because you would not find a thing, but we could answer every question every time it gets asked.

tapatalked from i9300
                      Thank you for your prompt response!

Comment

nm ...
                        Last edited by Legitsu; 03-28-2014, 17:10.
                        current devices(rockchip sucks)
                        Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
                        Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
                        rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Is the a successor to the MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM???

I know this is the MK908 Finless 1.7a thread but could someone point me to the Finless ROM Kitkat thread for the MK908. I am a little confused. Will The Finless ROM 2.0 for the 928 or the 428 work if I have a wifi AP6210? I'm also confused about the kernel by d33 v3.0 work apart from the ROM work by Bob. Is there work able to be used on the MK908?

Sorry for being a little behind. I have used Finless ROM 1.5 and 17.a for my MK908 I purchased last year and it is fantastic. Thanks Bob and Freaktab. I would like to try Kitkat but I am getting lost in the Forum.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response!
                            Try latest finless build for your device here: http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=11752
                            NEW - MK908-II - Finless 1.6 ROM

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Originally posted by CChris View Post
                              I know this is the MK908 Finless 1.7a thread but could someone point me to the Finless ROM Kitkat thread for the MK908. I am a little confused. Will The Finless ROM 2.0 for the 928 or the 428 work if I have a wifi AP6210? I'm also confused about the kernel by d33 v3.0 work apart from the ROM work by Bob. Is there work able to be used on the MK908?

Sorry for being a little behind. I have used Finless ROM 1.5 and 17.a for my MK908 I purchased last year and it is fantastic. Thanks Bob and Freaktab. I would like to try Kitkat but I am getting lost in the Forum.
                              Afaik there us one kitkat beta rom for the mk908, but its not worth trying due to massive bugs. Better flash finless 1.8 until the kitkat rom gets mature.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                                Afaik there's one kitkat beta rom for the mk908, but its not worth trying due to massive bugs. Better flash finless 1.8 until the kitkat rom gets mature.
                                I'll take your advice and go with finless 1.8. It was not yet out when I posted my request for kitkat. finless 1.7a has been a great ROM for my purposes greatly improving the MK908 experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X