UPDATED- NEW - MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi bob,

This rom is working fine on MK908 v5 (with the recovery you uploaded).
    720p video playing is good (xbmc streaming and from sd)
    I tried streaming 1080p with xbmc (torrent addon) but that was stuttering really much.
    I have a question. I saw in your finless 1.4 rom that you intergrated an RK remote app and
    xbox controller support. Is this also integrated in this rom?
    Or is everything from your previous rom also intergrated in your newer roms?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Great job

Great job, finless.
      No OC kernel = +18300 points anTuTu
      I modified: -SystemUI icons, clock and background bar
      - Framework pointer mouse.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-10-16-17-31.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	431527

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
        First, thanks for your hard working, bob!

Second, Here is the newest stock firmware for Tronsmart MK908 V5 version, and this ROM also can work on V3 version.

Hi guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for Tronsmart MK908, this firmware can work on V3 and V5 board. (V5 is the lastest board, and now all of the Tronsmart MK908 we shipped are V5 board). PS: how to check if you are V3 or V5 board, now the only method to check is […]

Eric
        What the hell..... Talk about double work

I will have a look at this new ROM. Maybe a 1.8 soon from it if it provides something worth having.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

UPDATE

UPDATE 12/10/2013

Here is 1.7a. The ONLY change is a new recovery.img that works with all models of MK908.
          If your already up and running on 1.7 there is no reason to reflash the entire ROM.

Link in the first post has been updated to 1.7a
          Below is also the link so you don't have to go to the first post

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM (272 megs)

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
            First, thanks for your hard working, bob!

Second, Here is the newest stock firmware for Tronsmart MK908 V5 version, and this ROM also can work on V3 version.

Hi guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for Tronsmart MK908, this firmware can work on V3 and V5 board. (V5 is the lastest board, and now all of the Tronsmart MK908 we shipped are V5 board). PS: how to check if you are V3 or V5 board, now the only method to check is […]

Eric
            Eric, this is 202j2203 Overseas. This is the SAME ROM I used to make 1.7. So this is not new.

Bob

Comment

Great job Bob. It is indeed much better than stock, at least I can complete the initial android setup with reboot, and wifi seemed stable last night. However I still get some random reboots from time to time even with a 3A PSU and nothing special happening on screen (just closing the video player for example).

Is there a way to log stuff when the machine crash to identify if it is where and why my machine reboots?

For what it is worth JJH Mod was the most stable firmware on my V3, wondering what are the differences between his mod and yours and how we could get the best of both

Comment

Originally posted by fifa4ever View Post
                I have a question. I saw in your finless 1.4 rom that you intergrated an RK remote app and
                xbox controller support. Is this also integrated in this rom?
                Or is everything from your previous rom also intergrated in your newer roms?
                +1, the same question.

Comment

Originally posted by PlatinumDROID View Post
                  Antutu over 18000 WOW!!
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4333[/ATTACH]
                  i only get 16769 only when use kernel1080vsync wifi signal at 65MB
                  Tronsmart MK908 Since 2013
                  Himedia Q5 III Since 2014

Comment

Hello bob,

How to get youtube back, using play store got error to download. TQ

Comment

Boot

Hello

thanks for this great rom.
                      i've flased the oversea stock and than the finless 1.7a. But now i'm stuck on boot. I've had no errors at all. I erased the nand for 2 times now , also without errors and flashed finless 1.7a again. Still the same problem.
                      Hope someone nows a solution for me.
                      thanks

Comment

brother try it again

Flashing:
                        1) Press the button in the flash tool "Erase NAND (IDB)". Let it finish.
                        Note: please watch the erase process!
                        My MK908 will not erase! It goes to (6) and just reboots instead of going back into flash mode.
                        If yours does this too, then do not worry. The flash will still work.
                        It seems this board might have some protection about erasing and bricking with the RK Android tool 1.37.
                        So you know, anytime you flash misc.img it will reformat everything anyway.
                        2) Press the "Flash ROM" button. It will take several minutes to do it's thing. Watch for errors!
                        3) After flash and no errors, the MK908 will reboot.
                        Yes this will erase your NAND and any apps etc you had installed before are gone!

PLEASE NOTE FIRST BOOT!
                        Sometimes the MK908 gets stuck after a full erase and reflash.
                        Just unplug and plug back in if it gets stuck on a black or initial logo or screen.
                        This can also sometimes happen after recovery formats everything.
                        If you get to the boot animation you should be good. Let it boot then.
                        It takes first boot a little longer after a reflash.
                        Also after desktop appears please allow about 2 minutes for the system to settle down and create what it needs.
                        If you unplug or turn off too soon, you could corrupt the system and have to reflash.

Comment

Originally posted by tlchuan View Post
                          brother try it again

Flashing:
                          1) Press the button in the flash tool "Erase NAND (IDB)". Let it finish.
                          Note: please watch the erase process!
                          My MK908 will not erase! It goes to (6) and just reboots instead of going back into flash mode.
                          If yours does this too, then do not worry. The flash will still work.
                          It seems this board might have some protection about erasing and bricking with the RK Android tool 1.37.
                          So you know, anytime you flash misc.img it will reformat everything anyway.
                          2) Press the "Flash ROM" button. It will take several minutes to do it's thing. Watch for errors!
                          3) After flash and no errors, the MK908 will reboot.
                          Yes this will erase your NAND and any apps etc you had installed before are gone!

PLEASE NOTE FIRST BOOT!
                          Sometimes the MK908 gets stuck after a full erase and reflash.
                          Just unplug and plug back in if it gets stuck on a black or initial logo or screen.
                          This can also sometimes happen after recovery formats everything.
                          If you get to the boot animation you should be good. Let it boot then.
                          It takes first boot a little longer after a reflash.
                          Also after desktop appears please allow about 2 minutes for the system to settle down and create what it needs.
                          If you unplug or turn off too soon, you could corrupt the system and have to reflash.
                          hello

is stops indeed on 6. But then what? Do i have to go mannually in to flash mode again?

Comment

Originally posted by gohigher View Post
                            hello

is stops indeed on 6. But then what? Do i have to go mannually in to flash mode again?
                            I've no errors at all. Info run ok thats the last line. Than it boots a little and show some vertical lines on the screen and reboots again.
                            never mind what i said. Its ok now. I did all the steps again and again and now its works :s
                            Thanks any way.
                            Last edited by gohigher; 12-11-2013, 13:34.

Comment

Good To hear that

Comment

Icon

Dear Bob,

kernel 1080 video.use.overlay=0, after set to 1,

the icon become bigger, but the whole screen offset to the left of screen, it did not fill up the tv screen

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X