UPDATED- NEW - MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freestyler3 View Post
    this is the one I use with this rom which performs outstanding.Haven't had one single issue with it and no need for an advancedsettings.xml

download
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...v7a_12.4.1.zip
    Thank you so much, I will try this.
    www.sacvideolari.com www.babatorik.com

Comment

Originally posted by ulises1954 View Post
      Hi Finless,

I also would like to know, what are the differences between your MK908 Finless 1.6a ROM and the MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM?

Which of these two do you recommend for use in the CX-919 v2?

Thanks in advace!
      Finless Sorry for ask you again, but I would greatly appreciate if you or someone here could tell me what are the real differences between the MK908 Finless 1.6a ROM and the MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM?

Which one of these two will work better with the CX-919 v2?

Thanks for help!
      Last edited by ulises1954; 12-14-2013, 21:18.

Comment

Am running this rom on my v5 at the moment and it is running great!!!

running it with xmbc 12.2 (standard), icefilms. And with es file explorer.

running with 720p... dont need the 1080 at the moment.

thanx bob!!!

Comment

AW: UPDATED- NEW - MK908 Finless 1.7a ROM

There seems to be a bug in the framework that sometimes lets the notifications disappear and only way to bring them up again is by producing a new notification. This was the case on the stock rom as well, but not in your previous rom.

Comment

I have 2 sticks V5...
            The first one i put finless 1.7a on. Everything works fine.

The second, something went wrong... It starts (i see the blue led) But then nothing happened.
            I tried several times to flash the unit again, and try to put finless 1.7a... But nothing changes: The stick starts, (blue led), but i cant see anything on the screen.

Anyone who knows how to bring my stick back to life?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
              There seems to be a bug in the framework that sometimes lets the notifications disappear and only way to bring them up again is by producing a new notification. This was the case on the stock rom as well, but not in your previous rom.

Only some tiny points to complain, first is that video.useoverlay=1 does not fill the screen completely for some reason, there is a black border to the right, top and bottom of the screen. This is not the case if i set dpi to 240.
              And the kernel spalsh screen in the 1080kernels is 720 only and uggly as hell.

edit:

what about something like this:

Last edited by FadeFx; 12-17-2013, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                Looks like i err... it hasnt happened anymore at least. However, this firmware is great, first time i can use my device without limitations even with a 1080p kernel.

Only some tiny points to complain, first is that video.useoverlay=1 does not fill the screen completely for some reason, there is a black border to the right, top and bottom of the screen. This is not the case if i set dpi to 240.
                And the kernel spalsh screen in the 1080kernels is 720 only and uggly as hell.

edit:

what about something like this:

Comment

For only the start up screen & icon size issue is acceptable, as long as the system don't reboot it self like the stock rom

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
                  Tronsmart MK908 Since 2013
                  Himedia Q5 III Since 2014

Comment

I believe I have a V5 (purchased end of nov 2013 - but didnt open it to make sure). I was able to get finless 1.6b working just fine (flashed from stock rom without a hitch). Now its time to get 1.7a working, and its been a no go. I've tried several combinations of finless1.7a with Boot, Recovery, and Kernels from Jo5H1. I've tried flashing 1.7a in its original form. I even downloaded the overseas stock rom update and flashed via RKbatchtool and after that flash it did not boot. All I get is a black screen. When I flash back the 1.6b it works fine.

When I clear NAND, it clears fine. It will flash everything I mentioned above just fine. Computer recognizes the tronsmart perfectly fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Comment

Flash Error

Purchased a mk908 and want it to flash with the 1.7a rom.
                      After pressing 'Flash Rom' it starts writing data to nand. Then it starts to check download data and shortly thereafter I get an error (ERROR: download file failed).
                      Tried a second time to flash with a new redownloaded 1.7a image but still the same error.
                      Need some advise here!

Comment

OK lets see.

The boarders around the screen can be adjusted in settings. Go into settings>screen and increase the scale slider.

Sorry about the splash screen in the kernel. I like the one you made and will use it in the next release.

V5, V3, etc. So far this ROM has been reported to work on all models. Maybe you have yet another clone?

If you getting an error after flash and while checking, this is usually a bad USB cable or some process on your PC is tying up the USB port in some way. Try another cable or try changing USB ports.
                        Another thing you can try is changing the port type for the flash tool. In my ROM kit open the file settings.ini in notepad and edit this
                        SUPPORTUSB11=0

Change the value to =1 and try that.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          OK lets see.

V5, V3, etc. So far this ROM has been reported to work on all models. Maybe you have yet another clone?

Bob
                          Bob,

I purchased the 908. From geekbuying.com.
                          It is the tronsmart cx-919 with external antenna. Is this a clone?

I'll also try another usb cable, though I dont get any flash errors.

Comment

OK lets see.

The boarders around the screen can be adjusted in settings. Go into settings>screen and increase the scale slider.

Sorry about the splash screen in the kernel. I like the one you made and will use it in the next release.
                            Ah, definitely forgot about screen size adjustion. However, it works well with dpi changed.

If you want i can give you the .pst file so you can edit it yourselfs, just drop me a note.

Comment

Originally posted by spideymon View Post
                              Bob,

I purchased the 908. From geekbuying.com.
                              It is the tronsmart cx-919 with external antenna. Is this a clone?

I'll also try another usb cable, though I dont get any flash errors.
                              I am confused.... do you have a MK908 or a CX-919? If you have a CX-919 go into the Measy and CX forum and download my CX-919 ROM.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I am confused.... do you have a MK908 or a CX-919? If you have a CX-919 go into the Measy and CX forum and download my CX-919 ROM.

Bob
                                Bob,

Apparently so am I. I feel like such a goof. I have the CX-919. No wonder none of this is working! I just checked, the latest is the 1.6b rom for CX-919. The rom in this forum, obviously does NOT work with the CX-919. Do you plan on releasing a 1.7 equiv for the CX-919?

I'm sorry to have wasted your time. If I wanted to get another one, which do you recommend MK908 or CX-919? It seems that the MK908 has A LOT more development.

Comment

Working...
                                X