Market Fix (All APPS - Uploaded File)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Yes FYI that is a kernel reboot and not a full reboot. When it does this you should actually do a full reboot as things may not be all loaded correctly as it does not process init.rc fully when it does this.

Usually when I see this happen on my Arnova it's a app that is causing it and not the ROM.

Bob
    Thanks finless! I'm pretty new to all this so I wasn't sure what to call it or how to describe it.

It seems like it happens pretty sporadically. Sometimes it will do a "kernel reboot" once and run fine..sometimes it will get flaky and do it two or three times back to back.

I'll try to see if I can backtrack and remember what apps I had newly installed when it did this. It seems like it started it not too long after I upgraded the rom to ICS. Of course I played with ICS for about 10 minutes. Once I decided I liked it I then installed Market fix, and some apps immediately right after So figuring out what I specifically installed to cause it will still be fun.

I just bought titanium backup pro...so I may just back up and format and reflash and see if it still does it for me.

Comment

Yes FYI that is a kernel reboot and not a full reboot. When it does this you should actually do a full reboot as things may not be all loaded correctly as it does not process init.rc fully when it does this.

Usually when I see this happen on my Arnova it's a app that is causing it and not the ROM.

Bob
      Just so I know...when you say this is typically an app causing it. Is it typically an app that is actively running?

I know there are commonly all kinds of things running in the background that I don't see, but these reboots will happen sometimes shortly after a full normal boot when the tablet is just sitting there at the home screen. I'm guessing just the fact that an app is installed can cause this and it doesn't have to be one that is actively open and running?

Comment

I found a copy of LiveSuite with 64-bit support on Futeko's support page. (Called 'LiveSuitPack 1.07')

1) The file called 'LiveSuitPack 1.07.exe' will get the 64-bit driver installed for you.
        2) Once you've done that, set your tablet to USB debugging mode.
        3) Shut down your tablet (all the way off). Connect your tablet, go to your Device Manager and uninstall whatever driver you were previously using to communicate with your tablet.
        4) Unplug your tablet and plug it in again. The driver should detect properly this time.
        5) Flash away!

P.S. I scanned the unpacked archive with SpyBot Search and Destroy and Microsoft Security Essentials, just in case. No problems found.

Comment

Trouble

Bob
          Finless your having trouble with script?

Single mentioned it worked smoothly only acted up after he installed apps?

What's your trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidLimez View Post
            Finless your having trouble with script?

Single mentioned it worked smoothly only acted up after he installed apps?

What's your trouble?
            I wasn't sure. Mine has been doing this off and on sporadically so I don't know what's causing the random reboots.

Certainly not blaming your script, just curious if others have experienced this with either the script or the rom.

I remember this doing it with a relatively fresh flash of 701C. Problem is I installed market fix, apps etc. in a relatively short period of time so it's not like I've played around for an extended period of time with anything really isolated.

I suppose the only way I have to figure it out is to just reflash the ROM only and start from square one.

Comment

I just installed the updated version of the script and it works better... no redrawing problem. Good job limez!
              Polaroid PMID701i 13
              Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
              Fully rooted
              Google's Market installed

Comment

let me know

Originally posted by SingleDad View Post
                I wasn't sure. Mine has been doing this off and on sporadically so I don't know what's causing the random reboots.

Certainly not blaming your script, just curious if others have experienced this with either the script or the rom.

I remember this doing it with a relatively fresh flash of 701C. Problem is I installed market fix, apps etc. in a relatively short period of time so it's not like I've played around for an extended period of time with anything really isolated.

I suppose the only way I have to figure it out is to just reflash the ROM only and start from square one.
                oh, I know. Many diff scenarios. Let me know if u reflash.

Comment

Originally posted by corki2 View Post
                  You unzip and do everything from the PC except the prelim stuff (change sleep delay, debugging, etc). Once you hit the runme.bat a dos window will appear on your PC. You will see it start writing to your tablet. Follow the prompts in the window as they come up .

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
                  Great! Thank you. Didn't have a chance to try it yet but hoping to later.
                  Thanks again!

Comment

market fix

Originally posted by ncm View Post
                    Thanks, Corki2 (and all). I'll try the method on post #46 later tonight and will hope I can do it and that it works!

which program do I pick to install file? Do I let the web pick?

The file for the market fix from Liquid.....I'm ready to try. Which program do I use to install? Anyone please advise.
                    Last edited by staceyseger; 05-01-2012, 21:28.

Comment

You should see a RunMe.Bat file. That will run the script to install the market fix.

Comment

The readme file gives you the step by step instructions. I left it open and went step by step.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Google Calendar isn't working for me anymore. I did a full format of the tablet using the 701C_ICS.img and then followed the Market Install instructions in this thread. When I get to the "Click on Market and login with you Email." step, I get an error window that says, "com.google.process.gapps has stopped (click ok)"

Later, when I try to sync the calendar using the Refresh option in the calendar's menu, the "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error flashes briefly on the screen before disappearing. I've already checked all my Sync options and I even restored the Calendar and Calendar Storage apps using Titanium Backup. Several calendar events did appear, but the calendar still won't sync.

Comment

Ill look into it

Originally posted by NutWrench View Post
                            Google Calendar isn't working for me anymore. I did a full format of the tablet using the 701C_ICS.img and then followed the Market Install instructions in this thread. When I get to the "Click on Market and login with you Email." step, I get an error window that says, "com.google.process.gapps has stopped (click ok)"

Later, when I try to sync the calendar using the Refresh option in the calendar's menu, the "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error flashes briefly on the screen before disappearing. I've already checked all my Sync options and I even restored the Calendar and Calendar Storage apps using Titanium Backup. Several calendar events did appear, but the calendar still won't sync.
                            Seems to be issues surrounding non stock ics rom on the c . ill peer into it.

Comment

outdated adb server

Hi liquidlimez, I tried the market fix script and I am getting error messages that adb is out of date. How do i update adb in windows xp? I tried ad/remove software but cannot find adb or sdk listed.

Comment

Question

Originally posted by LiquidLimez View Post
                                Here you go updated Market for proper redraw issue as well as modified for streaming and better touch response!!!

This script also allows Netflix to work a bit better with streaming!!

http://bedrockequipmentllc.com/android/Market Fix_LiquidLimez.rar

Does this work only with the 701c - ICS ROM or can I use it if I like the Gingerbread ? Reason is I cant get root to work on the 701C ICS ROM. I can flash via LiveSuit , I can ROOT the 701C GB ROM . Just cant root 701c ICS. Plus waiting to see when I get cord if I lose my TV Out with the 701c ICS ROM.

****** THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP !!!! This place has helped me out a lot on the tabs *******

Comment

Working...
                                X