Market Fix (All APPS - Uploaded File)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

701i

Thanks LiquidLimeZ. I will try this right now, as I have not been successful in doing anything to get the market/play store to let me download apps it thinks aren't compatible. I've tried editing the build.prop, downloaded countless modded markets, changed dpi, etc, all to no avail.

I'll post back with results!

Comment

701i post "Market Fix_LiquidLimez.rar" install

Well, I've got great news. I did everything LiquidLimeZ said in his post and can safely say I have a full blown market/play store now. After the requisite reboots, I opened the Market, which was 3.4 something. After another reboot, I noticed my Market disappeared and I had a Play Store. Sure enough, it is 3.5.16. I was able to see the apps that were previously marked/flagged as "not compatible with this device".

I am simply overjoyed. Thank you so much!!

Comment

Well I was trying to get the play store app to install on mine which already appears to be fully rooted and all that factory but every time I tried to run it after installing it would crash. A earlier version was working fine as far as I could tell but the newest one just crashes so I finally gave this a try and now I have the latest version happily working away and it finally found a few updates for some of the apps too. I haven't installed anything directly from the store but so far everything looks good and seems to work plus having the updates work again is a plus. I'll have to poke around and make sure everything works but seems to be a pretty easy thing to do as long as you get the drivers in right which apparently I already had from previous tweaks and things done.

Comment

I just wanted to reply and say *thanks* so much for putting together this Market fix. It's working fantastically for me. I downloaded Angry Birds and a bunch of other stuff that I wouldn't have been able to download before. The best part for me is that I can now use Google Play and know that I'm seeing all the apps, so when I search for a weather app, for example, I don't have to look at what's being offered to me and wonder, "Hmm, is there something else better out there that I could side-load?" I know I'm seeing everything that's out there.

Really liking my tablet, and this fix was critical to getting the most out of it. Thanks again!

One tip: For some reason, Windows wasn't prompting me for drivers automatically. Easy fix -- in "Devices and Printers" I clicked on the Android device, went into properties, and installed the driver manually. It just took me a few minutes to figure out that the reason the script wasn't running correctly the first time was that I didn't have the right drivers.

Comment

So is there a fix for the Calendar issue?
            Last edited by chudux; 05-21-2012, 21:57. Reason: wrong info

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidLimez View Post
              Here you go updated Market for proper redraw issue as well as modified for streaming and better touch response!!!

This script also allows Netflix to work a bit better with streaming!!

http://bedrockequipmentllc.com/android/Market Fix_LiquidLimez.rar
              Thanks for your work on this. I bought a 701C with expectations in line with the price but was pleasantly surprised. I loaded ICS from the ST website and enabled Playstore but was blocked from getting some of the apps I wanted. Your download took care of that. Everything seems to be working fine, have been viewing higher def content on youtube smooth and glitch free.

Comment

Ok...I have two "c" units. On one the calendar worked fine after the Market Fix...the other didn't. To try and fix the issue I re-flashed Shawn's ISC and applied the Market Fix...no joy. I decided to try the S.T. official ROM (http://goo.gl/NttiU). I flashed the official ROM, added a Google Account, then followed the exact steps listed in the Market Fix Readme. JOY!!!! Calendar is now working!

Comment

It will show that message quickly and then it looks like it disappears/minimizes. You can generally make it reappear by tapping the area where it should be and then you can quickly find and tap the "accept and download" button before it disappears again. I have no idea why it's doing it.

i had this when i used lcd density .
                  on my yarvik tab 364.
                  so maybe something to do with the resolution .
                  original is it for me 120.
                  when i set it to 100 i had this problem.
                  if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                  https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by chudux View Post
                    Ok...I have two "c" units. On one the calendar worked fine after the Market Fix...the other didn't. To try and fix the issue I re-flashed Shawn's ISC and applied the Market Fix...no joy. I decided to try the S.T. official ROM (http://goo.gl/NttiU). I flashed the official ROM, added a Google Account, then followed the exact steps listed in the Market Fix Readme. JOY!!!! Calendar is now working!

Glad to see you got it fixed chud!

Comment

Spoke to soon! NOT WORKING!!!! But not the same exact symptoms.

Comment

701C Not working

Everything seemed to install perfectly, but nothing is working including apps I had previously loaded.
                        I can't even get the WIFI to work, it says 'error'.

I continuously get the "Sorry!, The process ...... has stopped unexpectedly." These keep popping up one after the other.

How can I roll it back to the original state?

Comment

Originally posted by lthornto View Post
                          Everything seemed to install perfectly, but nothing is working including apps I had previously loaded.
                          I can't even get the WIFI to work, it says 'error'.

I continuously get the "Sorry!, The process ...... has stopped unexpectedly." These keep popping up one after the other.

How can I roll it back to the original state?
                          You can go to the ST website and download the firmware to reflash your tablet to factory specs.

Make sure you download the appropriate firmware for your tablet.

If you follow the instructions they have posted there, you SHOULD be able to pull this off...

Hope this helps!

73 DE N4RPS
                          Rob

Comment

Suggestion...

This thread is getting to be a long read...
                            Maybe we should keep the files listed in the OP?
                            Keep everything in order, and just label new files so people know what they are downloading?
                            Thought I'd throw that out there, thanks for helping us all out with this "Market" issue =]
                            Originally posted by LiquidLimez View Post
                            Hello Peoples,

I have succeeded to mod out the market and tweak the build prop for video a bit.

No more missing apps in the market WE Now Have FULL MARKET

I have packed this file up as a script and will upload tonight.

This includes a full working market w/ all apps I promise!!!!!

PMID701c and the PMID701i

Comment

Originally posted by FastKatt View Post
                              This thread is getting to be a long read...
                              Maybe we should keep the files listed in the OP?
                              Keep everything in order, and just label new files so people know what they are downloading?
                              Thought I'd throw that out there, thanks for helping us all out with this "Market" issue =]
                              If you are referring to the LiquidLimez market fix files I'm pretty sure it's just one file linked to several different times in the thread. When he has updated the script he uploads to the same location and uploads the same file name. This means we effectively have ONE always updated file and not 8 different versions of the script floating around the thread as it would appear.

While the link may not be in the very first post, most people should be capable of scrolling down about 6 posts into the thread to find it. If they can't do that, they likely won't be capable of reading the instructions or the readme file to go any further anyway.

Comment

Wouldn't download from SouthernTelecom

Originally posted by N4RPS View Post
                                You can go to the ST website and download the firmware to reflash your tablet to factory specs.

Make sure you download the appropriate firmware for your tablet.

If you follow the instructions they have posted there, you SHOULD be able to pull this off...

Hope this helps!

73 DE N4RPS
                                Rob
                                When I tried the download from Southern Telecom, it had "0" file size. I was able to install Shawns ROM and everything is workign fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X