No announcement yet.

MXQ PRO+ Firmware Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes tronsmart provided firmware. This manufacture does not respond. Thats the point...
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hoping someone can help. I decided to flash the sd-robots rom with USB Burning tool following zippy611's directions. I have done flashing before. This time the toothpick didn't connect with anything inside the box. I opened the box and don't see a switch to reset at the end of the av socket. Is something different with these boxes and is there a different way to flash?
      I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
      Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
        Hoping someone can help. I decided to flash the sd-robots rom with USB Burning tool following zippy611's directions. I have done flashing before. This time the toothpick didn't connect with anything inside the box. I opened the box and don't see a switch to reset at the end of the av socket. Is something different with these boxes and is there a different way to flash?
        I have same issue, my box also not have reset inside. I try to connect 2 pins to reset, but no sucess to flash with USB Burning tool. Then i use another way to flash with sd-robots rom .
        First root device, then install custom TWRP recovery and use sd-robots rom for TWRP to flash rom .
        this post sd-robots have all who need. Use Googe translate-- TWRP ROM

Comment

Originally posted by kokovi4 View Post
          Yes, one from firmware who test is this Tronsmart Vega S95 based, i try this option with force RGB ouput ON or OFF and still sometimes see green screen in Philips TV
          I have found the setting does not survive reboot, returns to default. I have informed them.

Comment

Originally posted by kokovi4 View Post
            I have same issue, my box also not have reset inside. I try to connect 2 pins to reset, but no sucess to flash with USB Burning tool. Then i use another way to flash with sd-robots rom .
            First root device, then install custom TWRP recovery and use sd-robots rom for TWRP to flash rom .
            this post sd-robots have all who need. Use Googe translate-- TWRP ROM
            Thanks for your help. TWRP is such a great option. Google Translate of the link says to restore an img with TWRP. Just wondering if this is actually a wipe and reinstall with TWRP vs restore. Can you comment on this? i downloaded the file that is mentioned in the post - TWRP_MXQ_Pro+Tronsmart.rar and there isn't a zip or img in the file. Not sure how to handle this.
            Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-05-2016, 21:14.
            I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
            Ron White

Comment

From TWRP at first i wipe data /.cache, then begin to flash(restore) rom from TWRP recovery . All partition is erased before flash, also bootloader is overwrite, so after "restore" image have full flashed device with new rom. No another way via TWRP.
              BTW for me new sd-robots rom is so faster than this who have device when receive also now TV box is cold , before-- so hot

i downloaded the file that is mentioned in the post - TWRP_MXQ_Pro+Tronsmart.rar and there isn't a zip or img in the file. Not sure how to handle this.
              Folder TWRP from archive need to copy in USB flash, then put flash to box , then reboot to recovery. First time when i reboot recovery before insert flash, not see folder, when reboot recovery again with inserted USB stick and all OK,

Comment

Did you use the TWRP_MXQ_Pro+Tronsmart.rar? If yes, how did you flash a rar with TWRP?
                Ron White

Comment

Did you use the TWRP_MXQ_Pro+Tronsmart.rar? If yes, how did you flash a rar with TWRP?
                  Yes, use same file. Unrar TWRP_MXQ_Pro+Tronsmart.rar

Then:
                  Folder TWRP from archive need to copy in USB flash, then put flash to box , then reboot to recovery. First time when i reboot recovery before insert flash, not see folder, when reboot recovery again with inserted USB stick and all OK,

Comment

Think I understand. I extracted the TWRP folder onto the SD card. I then opened folders until I found "1969-12-31--19-00-55_p200_2G-201604140414". This is what gets flashed by TWRP - correct?
                    Ron White

Comment

Yes, Right.

Comment

Did the wipe and then tried to install "1969-12-31--19-00-55_p200_2G-201604140414". TWRP doesn't proceed. The file isn't a zip or img. Are you sure you flashed this "folder"? I can't see how.
                        Ron White

Comment

Yes, sure 100% . Need to use restore option from TWRP, not Install.

Comment

[QUOTE=kokovi4;n576908]Yes, sure 100% . Need to use restore option from TWRP, not Install.[/QUOTE
                            I should have realized that. Thanks for your patience with me and for answering all the questions. Just FYI, I read on another post that there is a second version of this rom. I don't know if the one we are using is it, but I am trying to find out. I will post if I find anything
                            Ron White

Comment

hi gearbest
                              I found the problem on my mxq Pro+ since arrived to me. I try 3 different HDMI cable, AV cable and different TV, but the result are same "no signal HDMI or AV', i was contact your customer service but the answer is same "please check the cable, set top box and TV" . I do everything but the result are same " no signal HDMI or AV". Strangely, i try use 3 different HDMI cable, av, for another set top box and the result are working properly for another set top box. I try to use toothpick to reset my android box, but nothing happen and the result is same "no signal HDMI or AV" . so i guessing i get the defective mxq pro from maufacturer. can i get replacement unit ?

Thank you,
                              best regards

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                                Yes tronsmart provided firmware. This manufacture does not respond. Thats the point...

Ok, thanks a lot for your advice scooter2014. I'll keep waiting for an update for this "silly" box for a couple of weeks, no more. Otherwise I will purchase other "best qualified" box like MXIII but never mind in GEARBOX anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X