MXQ PRO+ Firmware Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asmartin View Post

Thanks gearbest for your effort and support.

I have other issue that makes this box absolutely unuseful for me. HDMI output changes color base from RGB to YUV in a random manner. Sometimes it shows right images, other images change to pink and green excess.

There is a thread regarding this issue with MXQ Pro, but also in plus version. Here is the link to the thread: MXQ Pro (an maybe other boxes too) Request!

I can't see films, play anything and indeed manage it. Output is unstable and changing.

Maybe a "Force RGB" option in settings menu to force RGB not to change to YUV HDMI output. Please observe this comment:TV Box is absolutely unuseful for me.

Here is a pictures taken with my smartphone some minutes ago,

RIGHT :

WRONG :
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n576356[/ATTACH]

I hope you can request to develoment team to solve this problem ASAP. Otherwise I should have to return the item to Gearbest shop.

Best regards.

WOW, it looks serious. I notice you and @depi encountered this problem. Would it be a hardware problem? If it really can't be fixed, please return it to Gearbest. I hope you bought the insurance.

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
    #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

the random reboots are freaking brutal on this stock latest rom...... I really hope this gets sorted soon. on a side note, gearbest tried to get me to pay fake import fee's when they shipped me this box and I almost did. I don't think I will order anything from them again if I'm gonna be scammed. I've ordered about 10 box's from tinydeal and never had any issue, and for the $5 more I dont think it will bother me at all

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post

WOW, it looks serious. I notice you and @depi encountered this problem. Would it be a hardware problem? If it really can't be fixed, please return it to Gearbest. I hope you bought the insurance.

Hi @gearbest

Yes, it's serious because it makes box unuseful. But it's a firmware bug, not a hardware failure. I know what I mean

There is other thread in this forum regarding this issue with MXQ Pro, as I previously indicated to you,

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-request/page2

Please note this bug is also a firmware bug in MXQ Pro TV Box. Same problem with MXQ Pro+ boxes, and maybe all MXQ boxes with old (6 years) PHILLIPS TVs. That's why I asked depi about his TV brand and model, also 6 years old TV, like mine.

An OTA update service would be cool too!!!
        Last edited by asmartin; 06-04-2016, 09:25.

Comment

Seriously, still on flash sale http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_354313.html Shameful, as the customer of the manufacturer you would think Gearbest could wield some power to force the firmware to be fixed. It seems Gearbest is going to rely on the Dev's to pull them out of the crap.
          They must be blocking the bad reviews (Would anyone give this box 4.5 stars) but they answer questions from customers in a positive way, Question:
          Does it have a USB 3.0 port?
          Reply::
          Hello John,
          Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,RJ45,SD Card Slot,SPDIF,USB2.0,USB3.0.
          Yes, it has a USB 3.0 port.
          (All ports are USB 2.0)
          Question:
          can kodi be installed and/or updated from the google playstore?
          Reply::
          Hello Kray,
          It can be installed and/or updated from the google playstore.
          (Playstore doesn't work correctly)

HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

Interesting read about how all these MX* tv boxes came into being.
            Find out the best ways to get the most out of your Android TV set top box. Discover new apps, games, features available on your G-Box on the Matricom Blog.

They were basically first manufactured to be cheap non-working knock-offs of Matricom's G-Boxes Midnight tv boxes.

If someone buys any of these boxes they only have themselves to blame if they experience problems and keep these manufacturers' pockets full.

I would suggest everyone to buy quality proven tv boxes from Gearbest instead or any other online retailer.
            The biggest manufacturers of the MQ* tv boxes are listed here
            Mxq S905 Manufacturers & Mxq S905 Suppliers Directory - Find a Mxq S905 Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose Quality Mxq S905 Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at Alibaba.com.Set-top Box

Users should try to get firmware and updates out of the actual manufacturers instead and if they don't want to release it, tell them you'll tell everyone to boycott them.

Maybe a suggestion to Gearbest so users don't use them as a scapegoat for all the firmware problems:
            - Make an extra description on some of the cheap tv boxes(with reported problems) to warn users that because of the cheap price, support and software updates will be limited and users buy it at their own risk.
            - If users want better support here are better quality tv boxes(then it shows a link with manufacturer branded tv boxes that have far better support and manufacturers Gearbest can easily communicate with that are willing to help.
            - Also warn the manufacturers if they provide false descriptions and information about their tv boxes being supplied to Gearbest, their products will be delisted and cooperation with them will end.

Comment

Originally posted by T_D_H View Post
              I cant find links to sdrobots rom, n00bing it up hard here lol, kind of regretting this box, the mxIII-G was awesome, this s905 box has horrible firmware lol
              I fell for this one too. sd-robots is the nickname of the guy that posted the rom on this link to a Russian site - MXQ Pro+ Link to Russian Firmware
              I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
              Ron White

Comment

Well this latest stock ROM scored a 29627 on antutu benchmark, geekbench is 531 single and 1301 multi cpu (very bad marks on that test), Quadrant Standard Edition results 7138. It's too bad I've had to hack the hell out of this box to get much of anything to work properly, and half of this could be done easily on the firmware developers end

Comment

A little help how to install sd-robot's firmware from twrp?
                  Google translation sucks

Comment

Hi gearbest,

Any new about hdmi colour problem?.

My box already shows 0519 version installed from factory, so upgrade will not solve this problem. I need a new stock rom.
                    Last edited by asmartin; 06-05-2016, 15:03.

Comment

Hi @gearbest

Yes, it's serious because it makes box unuseful. But it's a firmware bug, not a hardware failure. I know what I mean

There is other thread in this forum regarding this issue with MXQ Pro, as I previously indicated to you,

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-request/page2

Please note this bug is also a firmware bug in MXQ Pro TV Box. Same problem with MXQ Pro+ boxes, and maybe all MXQ boxes with old (6 years) PHILLIPS TVs. That's why I asked depi about his TV brand and model, also 6 years old TV, like mine.

An OTA update service would be cool too!!!
                      Today i test this box with 2 diferent firmwares, so when use in my Samsung TV all is fine, when use in Philips TV have same problems.....So, may be just in Philips TV have this issue....

Comment

Originally posted by kokovi4 View Post
                        Today i test this box with 2 diferent firmwares, so when use in my Samsung TV all is fine, when use in Philips TV have same problems.....So, may be just in Philips TV have this issue....

Yeap, you can see it's a firmware issue related to SONY and PHILLIPS TVs.

But Tronsmart Vega S95 solved it by firmware update, as you can see at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...668#post569668

So it's just a question of firmware, not TVs

Moderator's thread ... http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mware-20160413

Comment

Support firmware doesnt look like it will come from manufacture they havent responded to emails or Gearbest. Lin id suggest you pull thier device from your products until they provide a fix for google and others. Not having Google working properly. Its maybe an action that will bring the Manufacture to produce fixes for the device.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Support firmware doesnt look like it will come from manufacture they havent responded to emails or Gearbest. Lin id suggest you pull thier device from your products until they provide a fix for google and others. Not having Google working properly. Its maybe an action that will bring the Manufacture to produce fixes for the device.
                            Hi scooter2014

Excuse me, I don't know what you mean with "Lin id suggest you pull thier device from your products".

Comment

Lin works for Gearbest 😁
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yeap, you can see it's a firmware issue related to SONY and PHILLIPS TVs.

But Tronsmart Vega S95 solved it by firmware update, as you can see at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...668#post569668

So it's just a question of firmware, not TVs

Moderator's thread ... http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mware-20160413
                                Yes, one from firmware who test is this Tronsmart Vega S95 based, i try this option with force RGB ouput ON or OFF and still sometimes see green screen in Philips TV

Comment

Working...
                                X