MXQ PRO+ Firmware Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asmartin View Post

Same problem with pink/green screen (RGB/YCrCb output).
    The funny thing is, when I initially did a quick test of the first MXQ PRO+ I'd ordered, I connected it via an HDMI -> DVI adapter and it worked fine that way so I'd never have guessed! Cause otherwise, as a movie player, it's fully usable.

Comment

The manufacture's answer to MXQ PRO+ Firmware0607 problem

1 Regarding the pink screen, they suggest you should connect the HDMI first then power on, instead of doing in reversely.
      2 The frozen screen and stand-by problem is not a universal problem, just some devices' problem.
      3 video in portable hard disk can't be played smoothly. They said they tested but so far couldn't detect this problem.
      4 No OTA update for this version.

Ok. as usual, share your opinion.

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
      #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post

1 Regarding the pink screen, they suggest you should connect the HDMI first then power on, instead of doing in reversely.
        2 The frozen screen and stand-by problem is not a universal problem, just some devices' problem.
        3 video in portable hard disk can't be played smoothly. They said they tested but so far couldn't detect this problem.

Thanks a lot, Lin, for your interest and great effort, but those are excuses not explanations and solutions from manufacturer. I know your are doing your best AT ALL, but it does not depend on you.

I've already purchased a Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta, and I will try to sell or drop the MXQ Pro+.

I insist, Gearbest should stop selling this product and everything related to that manufacturer, because I think many users are purchasing due to their confidence with your brand, Gearbest. And probably are frustated with your brand, as I already am.

Have a nice day, my friend.

Comment

Hello @gearbest

- Are they kidding?

- And where is the solution??? Some boxes have the problem.... and they don't do anything?? So what we can do with these "devices' problem".... Can we return without paying the shipping?

- Why not? My last box with 3 years old, with worst CPU,
          worst GPU, worst RAM works fine using OTG adapter or a USB portable Disk....
          - We need to
          accept this answer, because no one promised OTA updates.

And thanks Lin, for your help.... And gearbest is a bigger company than MXQ pro manufacturer, and they need you (big company) to sell the product.... So Lin try to use this advantage.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fretes View Post
            Hello @gearbest

- Are they kidding?

- And where is the solution??? Some boxes have the problem.... and they don't do anything?? So what we can do with these "devices' problem".... Can we return without paying the shipping?

- Why not? My last box with 3 years old, with worst CPU,
            worst GPU, worst RAM works fine using OTG adapter or a USB portable Disk....
            - We need to
            accept this answer, because no one promised OTA updates.

And thanks Lin, for your help.... And gearbest is a bigger company than MXQ pro manufacturer, and they need you (big company) to sell the product.... So Lin try to use this advantage.

Thanks
            Everyone should also ask Geekbuying, dx, tinydeal, everbuying, banggood, tmart to stop selling these MXQ devices.
            Avoid anything with OTT or MXQ in it's name.
            It won't help if Gearbest stops selling it if a 100 other companies are still selling these MXQ tv boxes.

I would suggest people to rather buy Mini MX from Gearbest if looking for an Amlogic device, it might only be $5-$10 more expensive but has ota updates and no hardware or software problems like the MXQ devices.
            If looking for Rockchip devices, I would suggest the Ugoos UT3/UT4 devices Gearbest is selling. They release firmware updates even 2 years after their tv boxes are released.

Comment

Originally posted by asmartin View Post

Thanks a lot, Lin, for your interest and great effort, but those are excuses not explanations and solutions from manufacturer. I know your are doing your best AT ALL, but it does not depend on you.

I've already purchased a Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta, and I will try to sell or drop the MXQ Pro+.

I insist, Gearbest should stop selling this product and everything related to that manufacturer, because I think many users are purchasing due to their confidence with your brand, Gearbest. And probably are frustated with your brand, as I already am.

Have a nice day, my friend.
              Asmartin, why dont you use SD-Robots firmware, where pink screen is fixed?
              i am quite pleased now with the box. But I use it mainly for kodi.

But i wonder what will happen when an OTA comes for tronsmart Meta boxes. Will it brick ours MXQ PROs or not?

Comment

Originally posted by depi View Post

Asmartin, why dont you use SD-Robots firmware, where pink screen is fixed?
                i am quite pleased now with the box. But I use it mainly for kodi.

But i wonder what will happen when an OTA comes for tronsmart Meta boxes. Will it brick ours MXQ PROs or not?

Well, SD-Robots firmware is a bootloader from MXQ (extracted from 0904 firm I think) plus firm from Tronsmart. You can't load Tronsmart firmware to your MXQ box direct from Tronsmart. I don't know if Tronsmart firm coming from OTA server will work on MXQ Pro+, but If I want a full working TV Box I need Tronsmart for sure.

There is a 4pda.ru thread with Tronsmart firm adapted to Beelink, so I think purchasing Beelink Mini MX will not solve the problem.

Here is the site to buy Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta in Europe (Spain): http://www.vayava.es/item/Tronsmart-...AN-900484.html

Have fun with your MXQ Pro+ boxes, guys!!!

Comment

I keep seeing same thing its like ground hog day to all of us at freaktab.....

DO NOT BY UNSUPPORTED DEVICES. You can cry bitch moan but at the end of the you click on the purchase option. This device was flagged by many as Crap even before it started to be sold. Its on geekbuying/Amazon/and all the other sites that sell china devices. Gearbest/geekbuying dont make it they just provide a place to sell it. Your stuck with one solution sd robots firmware. Keep this in mind and check if a device is supported. None of these sellers will pull it from sales..... There are 100 of unsupported devices still for sale on all of those sites. If you ordered and they have not shipped Cancel your order. Or send them back... Until one of the developers look into making a new firmware your stuck with what works and more importantly what doesnt!!
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I bought the box unaware of all of the problems a few weeks ago and it's currently on its way over here. I recently found this site and have followed these threads hoping a solution would come up. But by the sounds of it, the manufacturer's support is poor to non existent. Wish I would have found this site earlier.

The thing I'm confused about is how on earth does this box have a 4.7 rating at Gearbest with 33+ reviews. They're either filtering reviews or the issues are not as widespread as it would appear. Just taking a look at all of the products they sell on their site, I don't think I've found a single product with a review score below 4.x, which seems suspect.

Anyway, once this box arrives I will give it a shot. If it's as bad as everyone here says it is, I will be shipping it back and hope I can take advantage of Paypal's free return offer.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      I keep seeing same thing its like ground hog day to all of us at freaktab.....

DO NOT BY UNSUPPORTED DEVICES. You can cry bitch moan but at the end of the you click on the purchase option. This device was flagged by many as Crap even before it started to be sold. Its on geekbuying/Amazon/and all the other sites that sell china devices. Gearbest/geekbuying dont make it they just provide a place to sell it. Your stuck with one solution sd robots firmware. Keep this in mind and check if a device is supported. None of these sellers will pull it from sales..... There are 100 of unsupported devices still for sale on all of those sites. If you ordered and they have not shipped Cancel your order. Or send them back... Until one of the developers look into making a new firmware your stuck with what works and more importantly what doesnt!!

Or even supported devices because as we all too often see, even the bigger names in the business can be quite hopeless at delivering the goods time after time and with each subsequent update.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

You got me there... But even when the chipset manufacture failed to release fixes a few still got it done. Just soooo many devices now.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post
                          I wrote post about problem with MXQ PRO+ - http://freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-and-vendor-support-area/gearbest-com/575760-mxq-pro-firmware-download?p=578413#post578413 and technical post - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...405#post578405

I have 2 very serious problems with this TV Box.
                          1) SPDIF audio output does not work at all.
                          2) Gigabit Ethernet works quite unreliable and very slow
                          There are the problems in my box, but there is still a lot of owners with the same problems. Can you ask the manufacture - can they fix those problems in new firmware or there are hardware problems?

Comment

Originally posted by SergV View Post

I wrote post about problem with MXQ PRO+ - http://freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-and-vendor-support-area/gearbest-com/575760-mxq-pro-firmware-download?p=578413#post578413 and technical post - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...405#post578405

There are the problems in my box, but there is still a lot of owners with the same problems. Can you ask the manufacture - can they fix those problems in new firmware or there are hardware problems?
                            The manufacturer just gave their opinion above.
                            If they were willing to fix the problems instead of thinking of excuses they would have released new firmware and had real answers for the problems.
                            So from the manufacturer of MXQ Pro's response you can make a conclusion that these problems will never be fixed and they will always try to find excuses for their broken boxes.
                            When new S905x, RK3399, Realtek & Himedia chipsets are released they will make tv boxes for all these chipsets and a week later drop all support and manufacturer broken hardware and software in these boxes all over again. People will then be gullable to buy these broken tv boxes again and the cycle will just continue unless people buy more expensive manufacturer backed tv boxes that have been tested and get updates.

Here are all the manufacturers of MXQ Pro
                            Wholesale mxq pro android tv box devices and Set-top Box. Also known as STB and sometimes setup boxes, stock up with TV, cable, or IPTV set top boxes and more.

Avoid any of their tv boxes.
                            People can also try to mass mail them to fix their broken boxes, but I don't think any firmware update will help, there will be hardware problems too.

Gearbest sells lots of better tv boxes that people can buy, so everyone should look t them eg. Ugoos, Beelink,
                            If people want a cheap device that can do the basics then MXQ Pro will do but don't expect it to work like a $70-$150 tv box.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                              The manufacturer just gave their opinion above.
                              I have resolved all my problems with Gearbest and I am going to buy another TV Box in Gearbest. I understand all about manufacturer what you tell. But I have this TV Box for experiments. Think about it as my hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by SergV View Post
                                I have resolved all my problems with Gearbest and I am going to buy another TV Box in Gearbest. I understand all about manufacturer what you tell. But I have this TV Box for experiments. Think about it as my hobby.
                                Beelink Mini MX S905, Ugoos UT3, Ugoos UT4 are good choices but there might be others.
                                Remember to use Paypal free return shipping registration before buying, then they can pay to return a package if there are problems afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X