No announcement yet.

MXQ PRO+ Firmware Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could anyone have a look at what kind of firmware this is? (latest MXQ PRO+ firmware allegedly)

Grepping for certain strings in MXQ_pro+su_opcb_20160704.img shows both:
    Code:
    NOT env list , reserv cfg array '_env_args_reserve_' in gxbb_p200.c
    and
    Code:
    --android-root=out/target/product/p201/system
    Last edited by Shimon; 07-28-2016, 13:40. Reason: Fixed broken link

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
      Could anyone have a look at what kind of firmware this is? (latest MXQ PRO+ firmware allegedly)

Grepping for certain strings in MXQ_pro+su_opcb_20160704.img shows both:
      Code:
      NOT env list , reserv cfg array '_env_args_reserve_' in gxbb_p200.c
      and
      Code:
      --android-root=out/target/product/p201/system
      Do you have a source that quotes that DropBox URL for this ROM? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fantastick View Post

Do you have a source that quotes that DropBox URL for this ROM? Thanks.
        Nope, that's just a mirror. I got it from a friend who asked the Chinese about an update. No idea if it's legit.

Comment

Nope, that's just a mirror. I got it from a friend who asked the Chinese about an update. No idea if it's legit.
          Took a chance and loaded up this firmware.It took several attempts using usb burning tool but loaded up ok.It is for the mxq pro+ and is dated Sat. 2nd July.Build p201-userdebug 5.1.1 Lmy47v 20160702 test keys.Dont know origin of this firmware but seems to be stable and Playstore works ok once updated.I loaded Aptoide app and used it to update any apps that needed to be updated.Dont know if box will have thermal issues or not but i do not use it for playing games anyway.Just put out this info for anyone that is interested.Use this firmware at your own risk, but it may help if you are having issues with current firmware.I have two of these boxes, and i have sd robots firmware on the other one.

Comment

Thx supermal! In that case it really is the latest MXQ PRO+ firmware straight from the manufacturer - anyone should be able to get the file by writing the customer service (where you bought the box) about it.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Took a chance and loaded up this firmware.It took several attempts using usb burning tool but loaded up ok.It is for the mxq pro+ and is dated Sat. 2nd July.Build p201-userdebug 5.1.1 Lmy47v 20160702 test keys.Dont know origin of this firmware but seems to be stable and Playstore works ok once updated.I loaded Aptoide app and used it to update any apps that needed to be updated.Dont know if box will have thermal issues or not but i do not use it for playing games anyway.Just put out this info for anyone that is interested.Use this firmware at your own risk, but it may help if you are having issues with current firmware.I have two of these boxes, and i have sd robots firmware on the other one.
              How does it compare to the SD Robots firmware? I'm running the SD Robots firmware on mine and it has been stable with just a few minor bugs. Also, the MBox launcher is the older kitkat style launcher and the animations/transitions are a bit sluggish I find. For example, when you click on the menu button on the top right in chrome, it doesn't smoothly drop down, it's kind of choppy. Or when you watch youtube videos and bring up the on-screen buttons etc. But overall I've been satisfied with it. Just wondering if there are better options out there.

Comment

I am still facing the attached error please help/
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                  How does it compare to the SD Robots firmware? I'm running the SD Robots firmware on mine and it has been stable with just a few minor bugs. Also, the MBox launcher is the older kitkat style launcher and the animations/transitions are a bit sluggish I find. For example, when you click on the menu button on the top right in chrome, it doesn't smoothly drop down, it's kind of choppy. Or when you watch youtube videos and bring up the on-screen buttons etc. But overall I've been satisfied with it. Just wondering if there are better options out there.
                  The point was, because the manufacturers decided to discontinue this model instead of supporting it with updating firmware,all the people who bought this box in good faith were left with a box that was full of issues.Sd robots firmware gave people the only option to make use of this box,so there money was not wasted.This is the only option we have up till now, or the firmware i loaded from unknown source.Both of which work ok.But i dont know if these will be able to be updated in the future.l

Comment

Originally posted by youbee View Post
                    I am still facing the attached error please help/
                    if error flags up after a few seconds unplug usb that is connected to android box and plug back in again.the firmware should continue to load.do not reset or do anything else.it may take a few attempts so be patient.

Comment

cancelled,
                      Last edited by DownSouth; 09-05-2016, 05:26. Reason: Made the mistake of using Chrome. Firefox worked

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Thanks for posting this. I am having trouble flashing either ROM. I follow the instructions up to:

"After the operation is complete go back to the main TWRP page by using the TWRP icon
                        at the top right. Insert the SD or USB with the TWRP file on it. Then select restore, select
                        storage – either USB OTG (port 4) or the sd card. Open the TWRP folder that is shown on
                        the left and click it until you see this file - "1969-12-31--19-00-55_p200_2G-
                        201604140414". Flash this file."

When I select RESTORE, choose the storage device, (I've tried both USB and SD card), no files show up to choose from. I even erased all other files on my USB stick. Nothing shows up.

Is this because it's not the right file type? or what? The files I have are MXQ_pro+su_opcb_20160704.img, and SD Robot's file (supposedly): MXQ_Pro_+_S905_A8_DDR2G_WIFI6330_VegaS95_Meta_p200 _2G-201604140414_IS.img

Is this supposed to be a .zip file?

I downloaded the file from somewhere a long while back. Can't remember where I got it from now, not the Russian site, that was way too difficult not being able to read Russian. I'm pretty sure I got it from a link posted on this forum somewhere, but can't find it now.

I know it says select RESTORE, but I tried INSTALL, and the file (MXQ_pro+su_opcb_20160704.img - 836,122 kb) does show up to choose there, although I got an error message saying it was too large for the destination.

MXQ_Pro_+_S905_A8_DDR2G_WIFI6330_VegaS95_Meta_p200 _2G-201604140414_IS.img is 1,028,347 kb

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any help! it has been very frustrating using this thing with limited functionality,
                        -Don.

Comment

These files are meant for Amlogic USB Burning Tool method.

Comment

These files are meant for Amlogic USB Burning Tool method.
                            So, both of these? I don't even have the right one from SD Robot? What's different about them?

Can I install the updated firmware without the burning tool?

I went through the process:
                            Reboot box into recovery/TWRP with Recovery Reboot.
                            o In TWRP select wipe and then swipe to wipe. This wipes the current rom.
                            Luckily, this just did a factory reset, so I'm back to square one. Showbox now works for me again. It had stopped.

What procedure do I need to do next? Can I get a file that works with TWRP? or do I need to make that cable and use my PC to burn it?

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks!
                            Don

Comment

There's another method that should be doable on a MXQ PRO+:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/...ogic-tv-boxes/

BTW, can anyone clarify if rooting the box (using minix ezroot method) could lead to this failure in AUBT flashing the MXQ_pro+su_opcb_20160704.img ? (see screenshot) Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	477
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	611459

edit:
                              Nah, not related, more like a shitty cable/too little power. Fortunately, the TWRP method works fine though.
                              Last edited by Shimon; 11-26-2016, 15:53.

Comment

Hello. I download the firmware but i can't install it with a SD Card.
                                I put the file "aml_upgrade_package0607.img" on the sd card.
                                I put it on the MXQ Pro +
                                I restart with the reset AV button push but the box start normally...
                                Can you help me ?
                                My box isn't root, with manufactured firmware buy on gearbest.
                                I don't have a usb Male Male Cable.

Comment

Working...
                                X