Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teclast T98 Q&A thread

Hello

I'm a Teclast T98 owner, and as there was no thread for this purpose, I've made this one.

This are the two previous threads I started related to the Teclast T98

At the moment, and after a couple of months, no freezes, no reboots or problems, neither grain screen issue nor unresponsive screen issue.

Rooted via Vroot, and no CWM/TWRP since MT8752 has a different partition system (shared with the Cube T9, as of today T9 hasn't its custom recovery either).

And questions are very welcome.

Reserved.

Comment

Good idea of a dedicated thread for this really interesting device.
      In my opinion this is the most interesting tablet at the moment!

Did you test the boot time from power button switch to lockscreen?
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Wonder how long the "grainy" screen issue will haunt Cube ...when for the vast majority of 9X & T9 buyers it was no issue at all.

In my opinion it was a feature (glare reduction) that some did not like, but most did not even notice.

Interesting how things go!
        Last edited by BamaPanda; 02-27-2015, 14:31. Reason: spelling
        Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          Good idea of a dedicated thread for this really interesting device.
          In my opinion this is the most interesting tablet at the moment!

Did you test the boot time from power button switch to lockscreen?
          I'm afraid I've changed my bootanimation...so the booting time is distorted...is longer now, but I like the boot scene . Right now I have a booting time of 19 secs.

Comment

Hi,
            Can you tell us what are the sensors included . You can use Phone tester or others.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
              Wonder how long the "grainy" screen issue will haunt Cube ...when for the vast majority of 9X & T9 buyers it was no issue at all.

In my opinion it was a feature (glare reduction) that some did not like, but most did not even notice.

Intertresting how things go!
              Yes I agree with you that the grainy issue is a "perception" issue. Most of the users wouldn't have noticed it without having gotten wind of this "topic". But on the other hand I've had 2 Cube 9x on my hands, several months between them, and i can say that the first one had a better screen, IMHO, than the last one (for a relative of mine) that was slightly "darker", less sharp.

Either way, I don't think it's a good company policy to release the same model with diferent screen along its product life..it confuses customers, and make them feel fooled, whether the screen is good in itself or not.

I consider the responsiveness of the screen a much more important matter than its clarity.

In both cases, the Cube 9x left me a very good feeling, and caught my eye on the new MTK processors. There are really remarkable, eficient, and low powered.

I thought Rockchip was a step ahead MTK, but it's cristal clear they aren't, their RK3288 get warmer, is more power hungry, and has more issues running Android smooth than MTK has!!!
              Last edited by flux1000; 02-28-2015, 09:18.

Comment

Originally posted by tonas View Post
                Hi,
                Can you tell us what are the sensors included . You can use Phone tester or others.
                Thanks
                Phone tester reports

Antutu 5.5 reports

http://s27.postimg.org/6boh8gzhv/Scr...5_19_52_44.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flux1000 View Post
                  Yes I agree with you that the grainy issue is a "perceprtion" issue. Most of the users wouldn't have noticed it without having gotten wind of this "topic". But on the other hand I've had 2 Cube 9x on my hands, several months between them, and i can say that the first one had a better screen, IMHO, than the last one (for a relative of mine) that was slightly "darker", less sharp.

Either way, I don't think it's a good company policy to release the same model with diferent screen along its product life..it confuses customers, and make them feel fooled, whether the screen is good iin itself or not.

I consider the responsiveness of the screen a much more important matter than its clarity.

In both cases, the Cube 9x left me a very good feeling, and cuaght my eye on the new MTK processors. There are really remarkable, eficient, and low powered.

I thought Rockchip was a step ahead MTK, but it's cristal clear they aren't, their RK3288 get warmer, is more power hungry, and has more issues running Android smooth than MTK has!!!
                  You are right. There was a change of the type/brand/source of the screen on the 9X. And I would bet it was more an economy measure than an improvement, although I am sure Cube saw nothing really negative about the move.

After all, it is the bottom line that has to count most, especially when you work on a shoestring like these Chinese manufacturers do.

None of these tablets are immune, either. Next week could change our whole discussion on all these brands.

Comment

Originally posted by flux1000 View Post
                    . Right now I have a booting time of 19 secs.
                    That is consistent with the T9 Cube. I have had as little as 15 seconds.

Comment

Thanks
                      Very good candidate in place of cube T9.

Comment

generally, boot animation doesn't affect boot time...
                        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                          generally, boot animation doesn't affect boot time...
                          Yes, I know it usually is so, but this time the boot sequence has to wait for the animation to stop,..as is stated in the desc.txt. I don't mind to wait 2-3 sec more because I like the bootanimation...

By the way,...I installed a very "heavy" bootanimation from XDA, and I got my tablet complete freeze at boot up, and I had to reinstall the ROM via spflash tools (I know perhaps it could have been done replaceing the bootanimation.zip via ADB, but SPFlashtools was immediate) . It's called "Watercolor Romance", http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334927&page=23, so beware...

Comment

Hello

an user has resquested me to do a test with the "DroidFish Chess" app.

That's wahat I was told to do

1) After rebooting, download and install Droidfish:

2) Clear all apps in background (hold home and swipe them away) and then run droidfish.
                            3) Press the menu button, invoke "Settings", choose "Threads" and select "Automatic", and then press back button to get back to chess board.
                            4) There is button with label "M" below chess board. Press it and choose "Analysis Mode". Analysis will start. Keep it running for about 2 minutes.
                            5) After 2 minutes passed, read and record the "knps:" number at bottom of the screen. This is the measurement we're interested in. This value is a number of positions searched per second (in thousands). The higher the better.
                            6) IMPORTANT: To force program to STOP thinking, press "M" button again, choose "Two players" so that analysis will stop. Post the results here with rom information (optional). Stock rom is preferable but other roms are welcomed.

And this os the result: 1410k

Comment

Does the t98 Have a magnet sensor for Wake up from standby when opening Case like Cube Talk9x?

Greets

Comment

Working...
                              X