Teclast T98 Q&A thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
    P98 and T98 are totally different tablets!
    P98 is equipped with a quadcore cortex A15 (allwinner a80) and a fast GPU. Ideal for games but with low battery life (less than 6 hours).
    T98 is equipped with a octacore cortex A53 64bit (mediatek MT8752) and a mid range GPU. Good general purpose performance with an outstanding battery life (10 hours).

Just to summarize: if you want a game machine go for P98, otherwise T98 is a better choice!!!
    Are you sure ?
    What do you think about this P98 4G

Comment

Yes, I'm sure!
      I only forgot to say that Allwinner a80 is equipped also with other quadcore cortex A7...

The one you linked is not a REAL P98...

take a look here (official homepage):

P98 here http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/P98Airc8/

and T98 here (not available in english) http://www.teclast.com/zhuanti/T984Gc8/
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by glogi View Post
        Masters!
        Can someone to set up a instructions to the upgraded Teclestar T98?
        : /
        I think that there are enough tutorials about how to use Spflash Tools and how to install TWRP...please use some of them....there are wonderful tools, very well explained, where you'll learn a lot as we did.

Have a look here, becuase although it isn't the same tablet, the process are the same

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post208526

And if you have some problem with the preloader drivers,...look at this

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...roblems-Solved

As a general guideline, the steps are these:

1- Download ROM and TWRP. Decompress and make sure none chinese character is left before going ahead, rename the folders/files
        2- Install ADB drivers, and preloader drivers.
        3 - Use SPFlash tools to "install" (is called download) the ROM or TWRP/CMW you want. Select "the right scatter file, and mark "download only". Select waht you want to install in the tablet ( the small verification tick windows) all/everything but preloader/ recovery only...
        4- click the "download" (green arrow pointing down) button.
        5- Conect the tablet powered off
        6- Wait for the process to finish, reboot and it's done!

Any specific question will be willingly answered, but please make sure you read some of the available tutorials becuase this is the first step to be taken. Also don't forget youtube searching something like " spflash tools tutorial", and this forum, is FULL withvery usefuk info about this matter.

See you.
        Last edited by flux1000; 04-06-2015, 22:51.

Comment

Ok, I'll try to catch all the details! THANK YOU
          Please tell me di take off the latest firmware for C6R3

Comment

P98 and T98 are totally different tablets!
            P98 is equipped with a quadcore cortex A15 (allwinner a80) and a fast GPU. Ideal for games but with low battery life (less than 6 hours).
            T98 is equipped with a octacore cortex A53 64bit (mediatek MT8752) and a mid range GPU. Good general purpose performance with an outstanding battery life (10 hours).

Just to summarize: if you want a game machine go for P98, otherwise T98 is a better choice!!!
            There does seem to be a 'Teclast P98 4G' which has MT8752, released only in the last few weeks apparently. Teclast has it on their Chinese-language site: http://www.teclast.com/zhuanti/P984Gc8/. This is different from the 'P98 3G' and 'P98 Air', both of which use Allwinner chips.

There don't seem to be many differences between the P98 4G and the T98: 8M camera vs 13M camera; GPS vs GPS+GLONASS; different casing; MT8752 vs MT8752T (possibly); and some differences in the 4G bands (possibly). At least, that is what I have been able to glean from various auto-translated websites. Also, P98 4G is maybe 10-15% cheaper than T98!

The Teclast lineup is somewhat confusing...

Comment

Never heard of this Teclast P98 4G with MT8752 before...
              are you sure it is a GENUINE Teclast device?
              if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
              https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Never heard of this Teclast P98 4G with MT8752 before...
                are you sure it is a GENUINE Teclast device?
                Not only is it on the Teclast Chinese language site linked to in the post but it is for sale here

I agree that the naming of these tablets is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by rebski View Post
                  Not only is it on the Teclast Chinese language site linked to in the post but it is for sale here

I agree that the naming of these tablets is confusing.
                  You are right, i saw it also on aliexpress.. Seem an upgrade model of 1st octacore teclast p98 3g with mtk 8392.. Basically the same t98 air 4g with an 8mpx back-camera instead of 13mpx..

Inviato dal mio m1 note utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I know at first hand that the Teclast TWRP modded by hanuma50 ( thank you again, master), works very well with the 16 Gb (C6R2) model..but, what happens with the 32Gb model (C6R3)? Does it works too? or not?

Any feedback would be appreciatted by present and future users of this model...?

Thanks guys.

Comment

[QUOTE = flux1000; 291614] ". Select WAHT want to install the tablet (small check checkmark Windows) all / all except preloader / recovery only ... [/ QUOTE]

Is this correct?

my tablet already has a version V1.01
                      Do you have another version? someone is reminiscent V1.09
                      ?

Comment

I'm undecided between T98 & Cube T9... most important to me is long battery life for web browsing & reading... which has better battery life?

Comment

RileyROM v1.2

RileyROM v1.2 for T98 is now out. It is based on factory firmware 1.09. If you guys want RileyROM based on latest OTA (1.10), here are instructions from rrileypm what to do. Rrileypm can't make custom rom from OTAs without your help.

Originally posted by fztt View Post
                          I'm undecided between T98 & Cube T9... most important to me is long battery life for web browsing & reading... which has better battery life?
                          Check "Which is the NEW King of 9.7" air tablets?" -thead starting from this post. There is lot of discussion about T9 vs. T98. T9 has little bit longer battery life but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Vohukain View Post
                            Check "Which is the NEW King of 9.7" air tablets?" -thead starting from this post. There is lot of discussion about T9 vs. T98. T9 has little bit longer battery life but not much.
                            Yup already read that thread some time back, been trying to find battery drain benchmark but not able to... not much reviews on both tablets yet...

Comment

Originally posted by fztt View Post
                              Yup already read that thread some time back, been trying to find battery drain benchmark but not able to... not much reviews on both tablets yet...
                              Teclast T98 battery last 9-10 of tough use,...I don't really know if Cube T9 is so optimized, may be so, but TEclast T98 autonomy isn't one of its weak points. You call tell.

See you.

Comment

Originally posted by flux1000 View Post
                                Teclast T98 battery last 9-10 of tough use,...I don't really know if Cube T9 is so optimized, may be so, but TEclast T98 autonomy isn't one of its weak points. You call tell.

See you.
                                It's really tempting now coz T98 is cheaper than T9 over here

Comment

Working...
                                X