No announcement yet.

Teclast T98 Q&A thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to boost headphone volume? In samsung s5 i flashed small package by CWM but here i have no idea.

Comment

Hi all, I have bought T98 recently from Aliexpress but I have some strange problem. I am using a magnetic case and usually when I open it the screen turns on, but sometimes (from 1 to 3 times a day) when I close the case and leave the tablet idle for some time when I open the case screen doesn't turn on. At first I was thinking that the tablet is off but now I think it is just the screen that is not turning on. When I press the power button screen doesn't switch on but if I press it for longer period and after that again the tablet starts booting up and switches on. Another think I tried in order to check if it is just the screen off, is to put tablet on charger and if the tablet is off with screen working I should see the battery charging symbol but I don't see it. So I started thinking that maybe the magnet sensors that lock on and off the screen might not be working well and from yesterday I am checking what is going to happen if I am not using the case. I have installed the latest OTA update 1.05 and made factory reset so I will follow this next days. I wanted to ask if anybody else has such a problem or any possible solution. Another question is have you ever send anything back to China for repair, because the store proposed to send them back the tablet for repair, or hope this is some software bug and try to fix it by rooting and trying some custom rom removing the Chinese apps? Thanks

Comment

I k12 never happen to me to have screen off and tablet doesn't respond at power on screen button...for repair in china think about custom duty tax for return plus expedition cost maybe its better to open dispute take some money back and buy another...there are no custom rom at the moment only stock rom little modified (root china debloated) but without anything new to solve your problem!
        Last edited by hocuspocus69; 08-24-2015, 18:52.

Comment

Thanks for your answer hocuspocus69. Last days it is also turning off once a day so probably I should do something. The country where I am now doesn't have duty tax for electronics so it will not be a problem. I am thinking if I open dispute how can I prove that it is turning off may be I should use some log program. There is one check I did that I found in recovery mode it was called Root integrity check and it failed but I don't know what it is. I am uploading one picture if you have any idea.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by k12 View Post
            Thanks for your answer hocuspocus69. Last days it is also turning off once a day so probably I should do something. The country where I am now doesn't have duty tax for electronics so it will not be a problem. I am thinking if I open dispute how can I prove that it is turning off may be I should use some log program. There is one check I did that I found in recovery mode it was called Root integrity check and it failed but I don't know what it is. I am uploading one picture if you have any idea.
            This is for control of integrity software respect ufficial stock rom if you have made some modding like rooting update some stock software it fail picture is to little to read something...

Comment

I saw it is too little but here I can not upload bigger I think. The thing is that I haven't done any modifications to the rom nor I have root. And the date it is showing for modifications is 24 Mar 2015. So either someone else modified it (which means this tablet should have been used since than) or it is some software update made in factory but than all tablets should fail on this.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by k12 View Post
                  I saw it is too little but here I can not upload bigger I think. The thing is that I haven't done any modifications to the rom nor I have root. And the date it is showing for modifications is 24 Mar 2015. So either someone else modified it (which means this tablet should have been used since than) or it is some software update made in factory but than all tablets should fail on this.
                  If you buy it after march this is a good point to open dispute second hand probably refurbished against what you have buy new tablet from factory aliexpress give you surely reason

Comment

I bought it one month ago and received it last week. And I think there is change to be second hand because the box was not sealed and looks like it was open a long time ago.

Comment

Dispute!

Comment

Hi all, I started dispute and the seller offered me to send back the tablet for a full refund. But still I don't want to mess any more and wait 2-3 more months for a new tablet so I requested some partial refund and they agreed for as little as $30 or to send me a new screen. Last days the tablet is behaving better 3 days without switching off. Maybe it has some problem with the battery that might improve after a few discharge recharge cycles. I can also escalate the dispute to AliBaba but then probably I will have to send the tablet back. So i just wanted to ask you do you think it is possible these root modification that cause Root Integrity Check to FAIL to be made in factory while installing the ROM for the first time. I am asking because I can use OTA update without problem and I think for rooted devices it should not be possible. Can anyone of you try the Root Integrity Check in recovery mode to see if there were some modifications before the date he got his tablet. Thanks

Comment

One more question. Today I realized that when the tablet turns off by itself and I open the case the tablet switches back on by itself (I just need to open the case). Is it possible this mysterious switching off to be some deep sleep mode or something like this? Thanks.

Comment

This is the hal effect there is a magnet in your case to switch off and on your screen tablet...

Comment

Thanks Hocuspocus for still trying to solve my problem. I know I have a magnetic sensor and magnet in the case that is switching on and off the display. But sometimes when I open it the screen doesent turn on directly, but I first see the boot logo then the tablet boot up. Also today I received a message in fb end when opened the tablet just seconds after that it was off. So i think there is some problem while waking from sleep mode maybe processor shuts down, or I dont know.The other thing is that I didnt have the problem since the last recharge. Today I fully recharged it and after a few minutes it went off twice. The same thing happend after last recharge and after that it didnt happen for three days.

Comment

I am now checking in google about some Sleep of Death bug in android devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X