Teclast T98 Q&A thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackgrab View Post
    Hy guys, i have a question regarding the t98.

Is the t98 a good option to buy? Because the p98 has android 5.0 and the t98 has 4.4.4 and the 4.4.4 doesnt support the 64 bit.

The t98 is the most expensivest tablet from teclast and i would like to know, if it is also the best one.

Thanks
    For me is the best one lollipop on p98 seem not so well implemented

Comment

Originally posted by hocuspocus69 View Post
      For me is the best one lollipop on p98 seem not so well implemented

OK thanks, i think i will take the t98, because it is the most powefull Teclast tablet, isn't it?

Do you guys have other recommendations for a tablet with 9,7 zoll?

Thanks

Comment

If I were in you I would go for the P98 with android 5.0... At the moment is a better option because of the precence of the latest android
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          If I were in you I would go for the P98 with android 5.0... At the moment is a better option because of the precence of the latest android

Thanks, I think I will take the P98, because of the 5.0 Android now. And the benchmarks are slightly better than the T98.

Comment

I am writing this message on a P98. I do not recommend it. The Lollipop implementation sucks. The launcher is a bad attempt at copying iOS. The T98's hardware is a better choice and eventually it will receive a Lollipop upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by yuv View Post
              I am writing this message on a P98. I do not recommend it. The Lollipop implementation sucks. The launcher is a bad attempt at copying iOS. The T98's hardware is a better choice and eventually it will receive a Lollipop upgrade.
              Ok, where do you guys buy the tabs ?

Comment

SoC of T98 is the same of P98. On what part of HW do you think T98 is better? The touchscreen?

Comment

SoC of T98 is the same of P98.
                  Says who? Read:
                  Highlights:
                  • The T98-4G has faster clock speed
                  • The T98-4G has Glonass, the P98-4G not
                  • The T98-4G has a 13 megapixel camera vs. 8 on the P98-4G
                  • The T98-4G seems to support more cellular frequencies (unverified -- the merchant sites are quite unreliable and offer conflicting information)

Comment

Says who? Read:Highlights:
                    • The T98-4G has faster clock speed
                    • The T98-4G has Glonass, the P98-4G not
                    • The T98-4G has a 13 megapixel camera vs. 8 on the P98-4G
                    • The T98-4G seems to support more cellular frequencies (unverified -- the merchant sites are quite unreliable and offer conflicting information)
                    The clock of both SoC ARE the same!
                    The SoC are exactly the same. Don't trust too much on what chinese states...

other than that, the rest of the HW is different, I already know that!
                    Main differences are: Display and Camera.

Comment

I'm new owner of T98. I 've just rooted by kingroot and deleted some pre-installed apps. Regret that I can not see any apps on the screen and T98 can not start again. When restart, only see start screen: 4G /Retina and Chinese and can not power off or restart again!

Pls let me instruct me how to fix it? Tkssssss....
                      Last edited by nhthi; 07-28-2015, 16:50. Reason: Provide more info

Comment

I have P98 A8H6 .. There is no custom rom for it right ?

Comment

Originally posted by spzjulien View Post
                          I have P98 A8H6 .. There is no custom rom for it right ?
                          Try to ask here http://freaktab.com/forum/mtk-based-...k-tablet-rom-s

Comment

The clock of both SoC ARE the same!
                            The SoC are exactly the same. Don't trust too much on what chinese states...

other than that, the rest of the HW is different, I already know that!
                            Main differences are: Display and Camera.
                            Thanks for reminding me that NOTHING can be trusted on the internet, giouncino. You will forgive me for trusting the original tablet manufacturer more than your post. I'd be curious to see a T98 and a P98 side by side. But even then how can you trust that they did not put something different in the same outer shell? This is the same manufacturer that claims an SoC that does not exist. Here in Canada I could sue them for misrepresentation and get my money back. Instead, I am stuck with a piece of garbage. I should have known better and bought a well documented device with full source code. Why did I fall for fuMTKing MTK again?

Comment

I agree with you @yuv: I would like to see T98 and P98 side by side to see whrere are the REAL differences between them!

Comment

Hi there,
                                What are the advantages and disadvantages of rooting the T98?
                                Does anyone have a guide on how to root?
                                I did do a search but I can only find scraps of info here and there (which make no sense to as I am a total noob). I need a definitive guide in laymans terms.
                                Last edited by darkphoenix_81; 08-08-2015, 04:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X