X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry but no, return it! :/

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
      Just use "es file explorer" enable root and edit the build.prop in /system
      No theres no firmware check, maybe that app that tries to change the build.prop just screw it!
      And yes the sdk is very bad with kodi... even with the custom one cant do better :/
      Superceleron, Is there a way to fully unroot your custom rom?

I managed to get the uverse app working by faking a nexus 10 in the build.prop. Now my problem is that the uverse app checks for root and limits programming because of that? Root hiders don't appear to work.

Comment

you need to edit the rom, theres no other way!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
          sorry but no, return it! :/
          No problem, I'm trying to but Gearbest are hopeless. Getting me to try flashing it again! I've tried loads of different roms. Makes no difference. Sigh!

Comment

Ey supelceleron, is your ROM still kodi wide better than the "original" X2_203K4 (2015 11 Nov) ?
            I need to upgrade koi to 15.2, so I can restore all of my kodi add ons and settings I've previously backed up from another android box... Can I do it with yours?

Cheers and thank you for your work!

Comment

Test it but kodi 15.2 if you only use 1080p max is ok i think!

Comment

Already using yours, but never actually tested the box with the new original firmware, not even the default one. How can I upgrade kodi with your firmware? Can I simply download it from Play Store? I won't use anything above 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by Dankex View Post
                  Already using yours, but never actually tested the box with the new original firmware, not even the default one. How can I upgrade kodi with your firmware? Can I simply download it from Play Store? I won't use anything above 1080.
                  Just uninstall the existing Kodi with the android app manager and install the latest 15.2 from the play store or side load the beta versions if you want using ES File Explorer. Unfortunately, DTS and DD audio passthrough is broken on all versions of Kodi with the X2 (and several other android boxes.) If you need audio passthrough, use the included MXPlayer as an external player to Kodi. I can help you configure this if you need this.

Comment

Yes do as osccams_razor say!
                    And yes audio DTS and DD audio passthrough is broken in all!!!!

Comment

Thanks a lot, everybody! Will uninstall and install 15.2 later on
                      It sure looks like a nice little box which needs some proper coding...

Comment

Originally posted by DaremoS View Post
                        I succeeded installing a new version of the firmware (X2_203K4), next will be to install your ROM... but first I'll do another backup using TWRP 2.8.6 H3 which I flashed again, as updating remove it.. That was the only stuff that was removed. I don't like installations from scratch, except for special situations,. In this aspect I like very much Rckchip devices, which are more polished updating also AML powered device are so tricky when is comes to do some update.

The problem was how bad implemented is PhoenixSuit. I recall that I had a an Ainol Novo 7 Aurora tablet, powered by Allwinner chip. It suffer of the same problem. It never shows that your device is correctly installed, then it's needed to install using "brute force" bt pressing key many tiemes pressing key and all that silly procedures.. happily it offers upgrade with format or just update.

BTW... I've mange to install Kodi 15.2 with all the stuff which is needed... that another tricky task... but happilly is very well documented. That wasn't lost in the upgrade.

Anyway super... thanks for your clues again.

DaremoS could you please be more specific what did you do ? I have exact the same problem! There is a exclamation yellow sign USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) (device cannot start).
                        What i have to do in order PhoenixSuite recognize device?

Thanks in advance!!!
                        I really want to fix "red light" cannot start device with this firmware.
                        Btw: i soldered on my own type A male to male USB cable. Maybe is there a problem? How could i check if cable is ok? Thanks in advanced!

Brgds,
                        Sero
                        Last edited by sergejk; 12-18-2015, 07:48.

Comment

Guys, I installed this ROM on my orange pi pc. Everything works fine except wifi.
                          I use Nano N8508GS wifi dongle but it is not recognised and the wifi is not working. Is there some solution for this problem?

Comment

No kernel driver sorry but now i cant help already packed all my stuff for this device.. :/

Comment

It's strange but if i leave beelink 5-10 min without connecting it to USB on PC it does recognize it on PC but soon after 4-5 sec burn failed and the process can be repeated again but with the same result
                              So i guess it cannot stay long enough in download mode

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron
                                No kernel driver sorry but now i cant help already packed all my stuff for this device.. :/
                                Ok, thanx for the answer!
                                Too bad, because it is very nice and well built ROM!
                                At least, here I got some answer, on orange pi forums there is no activity at all... :/

Comment

Working...
                                X