I got my Draco AW80 today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    With regards to the flash/zip method if installation, I'm guessing that partition size changes will still be fixed at one setting with a zip file as with the Rockchip devices?
    I have not figured out how to repartition yet. It is nothing like AML or RK.

Also unlike RK it does not report an APP space and a internal space. It reports all of that as app space. Internal SD is mounted as part of that. Again very different.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      I have not figured out how to repartition yet. It is nothing like AML or RK.

Also unlike RK it does not report an APP space and a internal space. It reports all of that as app space. Internal SD is mounted as part of that. Again very different.

Bob

hello brother can you recommend me order aw80 than order any RK3288
      do this player support 3d filem and iso and faster and better than
      RK3288

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
        Bob, I've just ordered mine via Geekbuying. Early Xmas, or whatever...Will share my impressions when I can. Greatly encouraged by your reactions, and delighted that you've already embarked on Finless One.

Eric - anything you can do to expedite my order much appreciated.

I'm not expecting too much from the factory Android it will ship with, especially if it only has a 720p kernel. But we'll see... A Linux img has been signaled for end-November, which holds some promise.

Auto-refresh rate switching such as Minix beta 9.2 or OpenElec offer, would make a large difference to video playback.
        This is Emma from Geekbuying, thank you for supporting us. Any questions about your order, fee free to send PM to me, i will help you.
        Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Anyone have any idea if i would be able to connect a second tv with a usb 3.0 to hdmi adaptor?

something like this maybe

Last edited by thegergz; 11-10-2014, 09:15.
          Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

I couldnt find any information about the sound formats. is there DD/DTS passtrough or HW decoding and what is the capabilities ?

The bad think, no Hdmi 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post
              This is Emma from Geekbuying, thank you for supporting us. Any questions about your order, fee free to send PM to me, i will help you.
              Thank you for your courtesy - and speedy processing. I see that my box is on its way!

Comment

Re: I got my Draco AW80 today!

Hello,
                DTS knows this device ?

Sent from my Ugoos-UT3 using Tapatalk
                TronsmartDracoTelos - Firmware custom: dowless1.9
                Ugoos UT3 - Firmware oficial v2.0.4

Comment

HDMI v1.4b vs HDMI 2.0

I did already order one Draco AW80 Meta, but as well I had ordered one R89 Beelink PCB v3, both are on courier now; however it´s seen on specs info that Draco AW80 must be more powerfull regarding to hardware, It´s remarkable as well that main difference seen to be related to the HDMI output being lower in Draco AW80 HDMI v1.4b (which at the end means that it´s 4K-UHD capable but up to 30 fps) whilst in Beelink R89 is the higher HDMI v2.0 (which at the end means that it´s 4K-UHD capable but up to 60 fps + 21:9 aspect ratio & some other improvements). Is it that data of HDMI v1.4b correct on Draco AW80 or it´s a typo on the specs sheet?. If that is the real specs in Draco AW80, anybody knows if the higher model AW80-Telos to be launched soon will have HDMI v2.0? or what can be the reason for using v1.4b instead? may be Allwinner A80 SoC limitation?.
                  Thanks in advance ppl.
                  Last edited by BTR11; 11-10-2014, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
                    I did already order one Draco AW80 Meta, but as well I had ordered one R89 Beelink PCB v3, both are on courier now; however it´s seen on specs info that Draco AW80 must be more powerfull regarding to hardware, It´s remarkable as well that main difference seen to be related to the HDMI output being lower in Draco AW80 HDMI v1.4b (which at the end means that it´s 4K-UHD capable but up to 30 fps) whilst in Beelink R89 is the higher HDMI v2.0 (which at the end means that it´s 4K-UHD capable but up to 60 fps + 21:9 aspect ratio & some other improvements). Is it that data of HDMI v1.4b correct on Draco AW80 or it´s a typo on the specs sheet?. If that is the real specs in Draco AW80, anybody knows if the higher model AW80-Telos to be launched soon will have HDMI v2.0? or what can be the reason for using v1.4b instead? may be Allwinner A80 SoC limitation?.
                    Thanks in advance ppl.
                    According to what Tronsmart told me, the a80 cpu doesn't support hdmi 2.0
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      According to what Tronsmart told me, the a80 cpu doesn't support hdmi 2.0
                      Thanks for confirm this; it´s a shame this weak point or limitation on A80, so there is not hope for getting HDMI v2.0 on Draco AW80 Telos; it´s strange this down side considering the powerful of the other features of this SoC...I think this is closely related too with the absence of H.265 (aka HEVC) Hardware Decoding on this SoC.
                      Last edited by BTR11; 11-11-2014, 16:39.

Comment

Have been testing with this device for approx a day now and some of the stuff on this box seems like its downgraded compared to previous version smh. For one, my video quality doesnt even look as sharp as my chromecast =/ It literally looks like its reverted it to 480p or something which could just be the result of The DPI on this thing being totally off too. For instance, it looks like my screen is zoomed out at all times and all icons and text are so small they are barely readable unless im standing in front of the tv or set the font size to 'HUGE'. Its also a tablet rom so it has the status bar at the top which is REALLY unreadable since the icons are even smaller then the ones in the app drawers or on the main screen. Im gonna do a detailed video review of all of this stuff which should be up tomorrow so look out for that if you want to see what im talking about first hand.

Update: Setting density from 160 to 240 in the build prop sizing issues with icons and video quality for the most part but there still is room for improvement in panning scenes. Netflix also has trouble with controls while video is plying (e.g. If i try and fast forward the moment i navigate to the bottom bar it auto hides itself and ceases to fully display again unless i exit the video completely)
                        Last edited by alwaysbless; 11-11-2014, 02:30.

Comment

Final verdict here is pretty much that after ironing the kinks out on this unit with the DPI 95% of things are working just as expected. This is probably the most stable unit I have ever owned by Tronsmart and the firmware seems very reliable for a first release especially when compared to my old T428 for example.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                            Final verdict here is pretty much that after ironing the kinks out on this unit with the DPI 95% of things are working just as expected. This is probably the most stable unit I have ever owned by Tronsmart and the firmware seems very reliable for a first release especially when compared to my old T428 for example.
                            Would you also like to use the "issue & feedback" threads here at this sub-forum?
                            THX
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I got my Draco AW80 today!

Why didn't I get my box yet 😄

Antutu variable scores on Draco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
                                Thanks for confirm this; it´s a shame this weak point or limitation on A80, so there is not hope for getting HDMI v2.0 on Draco AW80 Telos; it´s strange this down side considering the powerful of the other features of this SoC...I think this is closely related too with the absence of H.265 (aka HEVC) Hardware Decoding on this SoC.
                                I look at this from two perspectives.

The marketing perspective would be that because 4k as a concept is being pushed and will continue to be, the next big thing to persuade people to part with the money to get rid of their HD TV's in the belief that they are 'future ready'.

The practical perspective is that even HD has by no means because completely mainstream and as far as 4k content to the masses is concerned, we will be waiting quite a while for this to happen. Even this time next year, 4k will be something of a niche market in terms of availability but there will be the next big thing in terms of TV boxes out that will incorporate 4k, whilst we may then start to see 8k pushed as the future. It's a continual cycle.

So I would say in general that to produce such a product that lacks HDMI 2 could be seen as a mistake by those that want something now, even though it has less in the way of real and general practical use but for those buying from the other side of the proverbial coin, it gives them something that is relatively good value for it's overall functionality, which may well likely be redundant in a years time when the next generation of tech arrives.
                                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                                X