This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    With an assist from Guest, I've now built TWRP 3.1.0-0 for the following Amlogic reference boards:

q201: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
    p212: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
    p200_2G: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.
    Awesome post, thanks!

Comment

@Magendanz
      p212 TWRP works great on inphic spot-i7-pro
      thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Nofan Tasi View Post
        p212 TWRP works great on inphic spot-i7-pro
        Thanks, Nofan!

BTW, the p200_2G variant seems to work fine on the p200 reference board. I've been using it in my MXQ Pro custom ROMs.

Comment

Hi.
          I have tried to install the twrp on my m8s 2 plus, and I only get it to stay frozen.
          I would need a custom twrp for my M8S II Plus (s912)
          Thank you

Comment

Hello
            I leave you the files that I have been able to extract.
            The recovery I do not have since to try to flash the twrp I have lost the factory recovery.
            I hope you can help me.
            Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't have a q20x box yet, but I'll be adding that reference platform as soon as my M8S Pro arrives. I could build one now from the latest OEM firmware available online, but you'd need to test it for me.
              I'd gladly Test for you let me Know
              Also I have and will provide the Partitions.txt bynum.txt block.txt & the 12-31-16 recovery.img for the Mecool BB2 Pro 3gb DDR 4 q20x if needed, again let me know
              Last edited by phatboyj420; 04-30-2017, 14:33.

Comment

Thanks, Nofan!

BTW, the p200_2G variant seems to work fine on the p200 reference board. I've been using it in my MXQ Pro custom ROMs.
                p200_2G works great in MiniMX-G (aka p200_2G)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmur View Post
                  The recovery I do not have since to try to flash the twrp I have lost the factory recovery. I hope you can help me..
                  To recover the factory recovery image, just download the latest burn package from here and extract it with the Amlogic Customization Tool. It will be in /tmp/level1/recovery.PARTITION.

Comment

To recover the factory recovery image, just download the latest burn package from here and extract it with the Amlogic Customization Tool. It will be in /tmp/level1/recovery.PARTITION.
                    Thank you very much.
                    I'll try as you told me to extract the recovery.
                    Anyway, the version I have installed is another with android 7.1, but the .img I have can not extract it with amlogic tools.
                    I guess the recovery will be valid even if android 7.1.
                    Even so, I would need someone to give me a TWRP for this model so I can copy everything I have installed.
                    The version that I have installed is in http://www.pan115.com/file/lE9uW6a3, in case you serve as reference "aml_7.1_s912_q9377_S912_mac-20170420.rar"
                    A greeting.

Comment

Hi.
                      I already downloaded the image that you had told me.
                      I have seen the file recovery.PARTITION, but I do not know how to extract it to have the .img and be able to put it to my M8S.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Thanks to Magendanz, I was able to get the recovery stock from my rom.

The problem is that I do not know how to share the files with the forum, since the recovery does not let me upload it to the forum, the other files do, but the recovery gives me failure

Now I hope that with the original recovery, and the partition files, you can provide an optimal TWRP for my android tv.

Thank you very much.

Comment

While researching why my TWRP 3.1 port refuses to see the external SD in my X96 I stumbled upon this thread through Google.
                          I know, I should have just looked here first....
                          Anyway, after failing on my own I tried the P212 version from the first post but got the same negative outcome.
                          The external SD only shows (0), can't be mounted or accessed through TWRP.
                          Since the problem seemed to affect not just me but all sorts of devices I did some more tests, like different kernels, using different mount options in the fstabs and so on.
                          All to no avail, the problem (at least to me) seems to be within the TWRP code itself.
                          Tried Google and the forum search to see if there is a working fix in this thread but got nowhere, so I though I just ask
                          A few questions to get going:
                          1. Is it possible to include the missing partitions and mounts in TWRP 3.0, like bootloader, logo and recovery?
                          Somehow I can't find out how to do it.
                          2. Are there any good 5.x kernels in other S905X firmwares to try for TWRP3.1?
                          I tried a bunch of different 6.0 kernels from all sorts of devices but all with the same or worse problems within the recovery.
                          3. If porting totally fails here can I assume that I would just waste my time trying to compile TWRP directly from source to solve this SD problem?

Edit:
                          Found some more info on XDA about the problem at hand.
                          Seems TWRP is not using the vold mounts from the system partition.
                          Since the SD uses this as well it renders it useless.
                          And using an older kernel won't really work either as then the encrypted partitions can't be backed up properly
                          Next logical thing would be to create a custom firmware for the S905x that does not use encryption and vold - wouldn't it?
                          I mean we are talking about TV boxes that most of us won't use for their online banking or any other sensitive data....
                          Last edited by Downunder 35m; 05-03-2017, 21:52.

Comment

I somehow fail to understand the hype about TWRP after using for a while for my roms.
                            So everyone is on the same page with me, I will sum it up in short:
                            The good:
                            Easy to port from one device to another with the same chipset.
                            Easy to use and understand even for the beginner.
                            Flashes OTA, and custom roms in zip and IMG format.

The bad:
                            Not always possible to start and use with success - flashing stops for no good reason and needs to be flashed again for example.
                            Backups need a custom name as otherwise on most devices the date and timestamp used for the backup it totally out of whack.
                            No easy to find warning about incomplete backups.

The really bad:
                            The developer(s) simply refuse to include the complete data partition!
                            This means a backup is useless as all user data and a lot of date for vital programs gets lost.
                            To make things worse: Even if you don't wipe/erase the data partition it will be deleted once the backup is flashed over, unless of course you exclude that as well.
                            In any case the marks within the system partition, which would tell the OS and apps what happened already are gone due to the new system installed.

IMHO TWRP is only good to install a firmware but utterley useless for a real and full backup of our boxes - or any device for that matter.
                            The most vital part for every user is the personal data, like images, downloads, program settings and so on.
                            If installing a backup through means I have to fix all programs manually and perform a manually backup of my data or loose everything than why would I bother in the first place???

Comment

Buy a flash drive..... Its very useful to a lot of us.... And. Most user data is so small 2 gig sd card would be not ised fully.... But of its not your cup of tea... Dont use it
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

LOL
                                I know how I would have to backup the data, it is more about a backup solution making false claims.
                                And I think not every new user is aware of the problem or how to "fix" it.
                                Would just be nice to have a TWRP or CMW recovery that works and really does a fully backup of all partitions and data.
                                But that's just my personal opinion on backups, might be spoiled by how things work on a mobile phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X