Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overheating Mecool M8s Pro L and Pro + (and others ?) - Options ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tm4ster View Post
    Any moods for the m8s pro w?
    The Pro W may not need cooling as much as the L or the +

Probably all mods can be applied to the W in the same ways.
    Check if you need cooling for your usage and ambient situation using CPU Temperature app.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

The Pro W may not need cooling as much as the L or the +

Probably all mods can be applied to the W in the same ways.
      Check if you need cooling for your usage and ambient situation using CPU Temperature app.
      Ambient temp 21C, idle temp 51C, IPTV FHD 69C, kodi 720p 80C degrees.

After a few minutes in IPTV FHD the image starts to get green and black stripes and the box crashes :/

Comment

One to add to your collection.

M8S Pro LB.

50 x 35 x 10 heat sink.

32mm hole in the bottom with 80x80x10 fan underneath in suction mode . 5 V fan running at ~3.5V

After 16 minutes of stress cpu at 57 degree. Ambient temperature 31 degree
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I'm not the best with welding. Would drilling holes in the lid be enough 

Comment

hello, today i went to use my box and i have the blue light but no video. it was working last night with no problems, i am running CoreElec... any ideas how i can get the video back. i tried a different tv/hdmi and power plug from my other mecool box but still just black screen and power is one. fan spinning and blue light on?

any help would be great

Comment

Hi, i have doubt, which passive heatsink is better for my s912 device?
              down there are 2 chips, upper side only cpu is covered by heatsink 30x30mm. should i buy a bigger heatsink that covers also memory chip or is better to replace cpu heatsink+ add small dissipators to memory chips?
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
              X