Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overheating Mecool M8s Pro L and Pro + (and others ?) - Options ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow mirbg.
    Not much difference between mx-2 and NH-N1 ,I have used both on P.C cpu.
    39°C @100% now that is amazing.well done.

Comment

Wow mirbg.
      I would run cpu stress test min 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
        Toohot has had his wonderful mod pics and entire post removed for some reason ???
        Hopefully a Forum Moderator can get it back up for all of us to see again ...

Popcorn (where is the popcorn smiley?)
        Back up again

Thanks mods

Comment

Thanking P.X and Mods
          Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Toohot
            Wow mirbg.

Thanks, mate!
            I replaced the standard heatsink with bigger one too, using it with fan on 5v.
            This is my setup:

This is older version with plates on ram modules on the underside, now I am using copper heatsinks:

Comment

Hi all.
              I forget to let everyone know a easier way to remove original heatsink.
              I removed heatsink using thin nylon fishing line dipped in isopropyl alcohol,then sliding underneath between heatsink and cpu pulling and moving side to side while holding line tight. Then used remaining cutoff copper plate to loosen.came off easy.
              if you do not have fishishing line, try tooth floss. The trick is to keep dipping it in alcohol.

Comment

Vorke Z6 DDR4 3/32 Gb

Heat sink 33x45x10 70mm hole in bottom plate with 80x80x10 USB fan in suction mode underneath

Ambient temperature 26?C

Idle 38?C

15 min CPU stress test 54?C stable for the past 12 minutes

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181112_225421 (Large).jpg Views:	2 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	751412

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vorke box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	751411
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Toohot View Post
                  Hi all.
                  I forget to let everyone know a easier way to remove original heatsink.
                  I removed heatsink using thin nylon fishing line dipped in isopropyl alcohol,then sliding underneath between heatsink and cpu pulling and moving side to side while holding line tight. Then used remaining cutoff copper plate to loosen.came off easy.
                  if you do not have fishishing line, try tooth floss. The trick is to keep dipping it in alcohol.
                  Top Tip

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                    Vorke Z6 DDR4 3/32 Gb

Heat sink 33x45x10 70mm hole in bottom plate with 80x80x10 USB fan in suction mode underneath

Ambient temperature 26?C

Idle 38?C

15 min CPU stress test 54?C stable for the past 12 minutes

Click image for larger version Name:	20181112_225421 (Large).jpg Views:	2 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	751412

Click image for larger version Name:	Vorke box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	751411
                    Nice - That'll do the job

Comment

If anyone has received their S905X2 new android tv boxes please could you test out the temperatures especially when playing UHD bluray uncompressed files.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post
                        If anyone has received their S905X2 new android tv boxes please could you test out the temperatures especially when playing UHD bluray uncompressed files.
                        Where would I find UHD bluray uncompressed files????
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I tried uncompressed .m2ts 70GB file on my modded box and max temp it reached was 29C

Comment

Originally posted by mirbg View Post
                            I tried uncompressed .m2ts 70GB file on my modded box and max temp it reached was 29C
                            Are you sure about that? I haven't ever seen 29?C on idle on any box.

Does your mod include some freezer

Comment

No, I posted some pics several post ago, I have fan on the cpu, modded heatsink with Noctua NT-H1 cooling thermal compound, heatsinks on the ram modules, storage chip and on underside of the box one more heatsink beneath the core and again on the ram:Click image for larger version  Name:	448313D9-7FF2-40B1-B7A7-E5F727BC90F0.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	751898Click image for larger version  Name:	95E83D00-7B67-484D-9B34-22B78DDEFA44.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	751899
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_35956.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	751897Click image for larger version  Name:	image_35955.jpg Views:	3 Size:	124.0 KB ID:	751896
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	9C665E54-FD99-4CDD-BC44-E68536FBBD5B.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	751905
                              The max temp under full load with StressCPU is 39C.
                              There is no single 4K movie that can stress the cpu that much as StressCPU.apk does.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Where would I find UHD bluray uncompressed files????
                                just DM'd you a link.

Comment

Working...
                                X