Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overheating Mecool M8s Pro L and Pro + (and others ?) - Options ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirbg , link of heatsink please?!

Comment

Comment

I already found it, it was easy, lol ... But thank you always

Comment

Originally posted by mirbg View Post
          ​​​​
          Now I saw, thanks man! Aliexpress has many vebdvended and just was finding different models of his.

Comment

Ok I installed the fan and closed it up to test. Amazing! Thanks for everyone’s help and patience. I don’t know if now I will install the resistor’s as I can’t even hear the box with a show playing. Prior to having the fan installed temp was 150-183 Fahrenheit depending what I was watching. Now a full hd movie 113 Fahrenheit or lower. This is great, again this is a big drop in temp just adding a fan. Had to extend the wires to mount on the bottom of the board than used wire shrink tube looks good!

thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post

Yes, I'm Brazilian, lol. I also bought in "Mercado Livre", but I opted for the RPi 3 model with only 7mm in height. This one is 10 mm from what I saw in the image and description. The freight of the ML is very heavy, even if it is registered letter.

But coming back to the temperature, I honestly think you are blessed to live in a colder place. This counts a lot on the temperature of the device, one day it rained here and it was very cold, that day my TV box was in the range of 38 °c.

It seems to me that you have not used any resistors, do you understand a bit of electronics? Could you send me a picture of the soldering points you made? Another question, was that annoying noise, for example at night when no external sounds?

Sim, eu sou brasileiro, haha. Eu também comprei no Mercado Livre, mas optei pelo o modelo RPi 3 com apenas 7mm de altura. Esse seu é 10 mm pelo que vi na imagem e descrição. O frete do ML é muito pesado, mesmo sendo carta registrada.

Mas voltando a temperatura, sinceramente acho que você é abençoado por viver em um local mais frio. Isso conta muito na temperatura do aparelho, um dia desses choveu aqui e estava muito frio, nesse dia meu TV box ficou na faixa dos 38°c.

Me parece que você não usou nenhum resistor, você entende um pouco de eletrônica? Poderia mandar uma foto dos pontos de solda que você fez? Outra pergunta, ficou com aquele barulho irritante, por exemplo a noite quando não sons externos?

Note: MercadoLivre or MercadoLibre is a Latin e-commerce similar to Aliexpress, but prices, especially shipment, are not even similar. loll
              Yes ... it ends up compensating to pick up in the aliexpress..the problem is the delay to arrive ... but I did not even call in that pitch of the height ... with 7 mm the fan is not exposed ... but it is not found here ... and if you think it's 50 reais off the freight.

Yes ... I observed this: in these colder days the temps decreased by 5 ° C ... but most important is that the temps do not exceed 50 ° C ... I think it is a good limit .... because in stock reaches almost 80 ° C easy .... from 50 ° down the life expectancy should increase greatly.

I'm from Minas Gerais ... it's a temperate climate ... neither too cold nor too hot.

I understand nothing electronic ... so you have an idea I asked a friend to weld for me ... kkkkkk .... the detail is that soldering in the USBs both in front of or behind the board the fan worked ... only when I I pressed the power on the remote control the device turned off ... but the blue light was still on and then I could not turn on the device .... then I tested the pads on the SD card (3.3ve GND) behind the board and it worked.

As it is 3.3v the positive I think it did not even need a resistor ... and on the noise did not notice ... unless it touches the ear very close to the device.

Sim...acaba compensando pegar no aliexpress..o problema é a demora para chegar...(tem coisa que comprei da China em outubro do ano passado e não chegou até hoje, ou roubaram na receita ou nos correios...nem coloquei isso no texto para o pessoal não ter mais uma péssima impressão dessa vergonha que nosso país é)...mas eu nem me liguei nesse lance da altura...com 7 mm o fan não fica exposto...mas não se acha por aqui...e se achar tá 50 reais fora o frete.

Sim...observei isso: nesses dias mais frios as temps diminuiram uns 5° C...mas o mais importante é que as temps não ultrapassem 50° C...acho que é um bom limite....porque em stock alcança quase 80° C fácil....de 50° para baixo a vida útil deve aumentar bastante.

Sou de Minas Gerais...é um clima temperado...nem muito frio e nem muito quente.

Entendo nada eletrônica...para você ter uma idéia pedi para um amigo soldar para mim...kkkkkk....o detalhe é que soldando nas USBs tanto na frente ou atrás da board a fan funcionava...só que quando eu apertava o power no controle remoto o aparelho desligava...mas a luz azul continuava acesa e depois não conseguia ligar o aparelho....então testei nos pads do cartão SD(3.3v e GND) atrás da placa e deu certo.

Como é 3.3v o positivo do pad doi cartão SD acho que nem precisou de resistor...e sobre o ruído não notei...a não ser que encoste o ouvido bem perto do aparelho.

Comment

Yep, there's BR in all place, lol. About the cost of shipping I findt a seller from Brasilia who sent by registered letter. It was much cheaper than paying PAC or having to cash a specific amount to get free shipping.

Currently I have two Raspberry PI3 fans here, I'm going to test later on the SD Card pads, I already noticed that it made less noise before. If it do a good ventilation I already save $ 3.00 because I will not need to buy the resistors.

Comment

Question, I added a fan to both boxes this weekend. The first one was flawless no issues. The second I added a resistor to I feel like everything was perfect as it looks perfect but when I tightened the screws holding the lid down I noticed that it wouldn’t power on. So I losened the screws and then it powered on. Any ideas to y this would happen?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by LilSnoop40 View Post
                    Question, I added a fan to both boxes this weekend. The first one was flawless no issues. The second I added a resistor to I feel like everything was perfect as it looks perfect but when I tightened the screws holding the lid down I noticed that it wouldn’t power on. So I losened the screws and then it powered on. Any ideas to y this would happen?

thank you
                    Post a picture. Thanks
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Post a picture. Thanks
                      Clarkss what picture do u want? U want me to open up the box again and take a picture of the inside?

thanks

Comment

Clarkss what picture do u want? U want me to open up the box again and take a picture of the inside?

thanks
                        No, does the fan poke thru the top of your box??
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

No, did both boxes the same way
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I just noticed when I plugged a usb cable into the USB port the box turned off. What does that mean?

Comment

I just noticed when I plugged a usb cable into the USB port the box turned off. What does that mean?
                              I would have to say that you are putting pressure on the fan. The fan does not have much torque, so any little pressure will stop it....... I would replace the resistor with a lower resistance, you maybe lowering the voltage too much. Do you have a volt meter to check the voltage drop??

Comment

I think I do, let me open this up and let u know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X