No announcement yet.

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MinixCrazy, thank you. I will try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by baalho View Post
      It was probably my fault.
      I actually booted directly to stock recovery and did the install zip from EXT.
      My SDcard reader in computer is broken, so I put the zip file in a usb and tried to flash it.

So I actually need to extract the zip file to the root of the SDcard?

Was was surprising was I was able to flash the old build with out the signature problem. Any thoughts wilro?
      !
      Yes, my current builds depend on the older android 4.4 bootloader, & it's accompanying recovery.img. Once a box has had android 5 installed, both of these are incompatible with my OE builds. IF your box has android 4.4.2 installed, then YES, the internal recovery is able to install the update zip via USB ) (You could use the USB burn tool & burn the older 316k4 rom on your box first to get around your broken sdcard reader problem

I have tried every flavour of android 5's (both MX3G & Tronsmart MX3+'s) bootloader/recovery + combinations/mixtures of both, & get the same error you're getting in every case.

With the exception of minor build tweaks/updates, I use the toothpick method to ensure I have a "clean slate" for testing my builds prior to release (time permitting, of course

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post
        Wilro, Great job on the ROM. I'm running your 6.0e and haven't experienced any issue for over 24hrs. CPU control is great, all videos are being decoded via hardware and I've had no trouble with Wi-Fi even with my static settings using alternate DNS servers. I've updated all three of my boxes with a fresh install and all have been flawless and fast!
        Great to hear - I thought I was the only one who noticed

Have you thought about a list of changes for each revision?
        I consider this release my first actual *stable* release (way too much chopping & changing to document the other ones - even if I could remember them all

I actually reserved the 2nd post in this thread to be able to document the changes - Now that I've finally reached a fairly stable state with this box (6.0.0e), I will endeavour to document future releases from this point.

Speaking of which, after another 16hr marathon (30+ builds/flashes) - The wife/kids are gonna kill me, this isn't the time of year to be dabbling with my "gadgets" , I believe I've finally nailed the Android 5 bootloader issue. My next build will be more stable & truely show how much better OE can perform on these boxes compared to the stock android 5 (I still have a few niggles to address - Ironically, they are mostly the same as what we had with the original kamak build that started my interest in fixing these boxes - It's just my fixes don't fully work with this new build

And where is the PayPal link for
        OK, I added one to the 1st post (It should work - haven't used PP beyond buying crap on ****

Comment

Wilro, Thanks Buddy for all of your hard work!

​Frank

Comment

Anyone using openelec on Tronsmart mxiii plus 1gb? Is it OK to use twrp to install this version of openelec on it?

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
              These builds are derived from the efforts of many, my thanks to all concerned, & esp. Codesnake for making OE a viable option on Amlogic based devices - Without his initial port, I wouldn't be here trying to improve support for the MX3G

My goal is to improve/refine OE support for the MX3G, my builds are derived from Kszaq's & Kerber's git forks, however, I also cherry pick other branches & add a few tweaks of my own for good measure.

I currently have 3 builds for this device:

My builds (Codesnake based, best bits from Kszaq/Kerber):

Toothpick Install (zip)

Openelec update Install (tar)
              Hi,

I have an MX3 2GB version with S812 processor. I have downloaded the zip file, and have extracted the contents (3 files) onto an SD card and installed this onto my box. When I do to the toothpick install, I get to the "green man", I let go of the tooth pick and power button and it seems to install (ie the progress bar fills up)

It then reboots, and now is frozen at the OPENELEC screen

I have done this over and over

Do you know how I can fix this and why this is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by tb82 View Post

Hi,

I have an MX3 2GB version with S812 processor. I have downloaded the zip file, and have extracted the contents (3 files) onto an SD card and installed this onto my box. When I do to the toothpick install, I get to the "green man", I let go of the tooth pick and power button and it seems to install (ie the progress bar fills up)

​tb82,

You might have corrupted install files. Reformat the sdcard, download the zip again, extract and try again. I've just tried all three downloads and they work.

Frank

Comment

Hi
                  I have a similar problem. also in right left corner it shows cant access tty. I was trying to install it from both andro 5.1 and 4.4 but no effect, It is always stuck on OPENELEC screen.

Comment

Originally posted by red1928 View Post
                    Anyone using openelec on Tronsmart mxiii plus 1gb? Is it OK to use twrp to install this version of openelec on it?
                    I know of 1 person running this on a MX3-G 1G ram, the tronsmart is pretty much the same, so I'd expect it to work also.

If your device is currently running android 5+, then it must be installed via toothpick/sdcard (TWRP can then be reinstalled) - This build depends on an android 4.4 based system at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by tb82 View Post

Hi,

Ok, this is untested on non-MX3G/tronsmart 3+ devices, but as it installs the MX3G's bootloader as a part of the install process, I'd say the bootloader is incompatible with your device - You might want to try some of kerber's S812 builds to find one with a compatible bootloader (http://amlinux.ru/image/6.0.0/) - From memory the S82 & M8Splus basically work (one has no working lan, while the other has no working wifi - Once you have OE able to boot, you can use the .tar upgrade file to try this version.

Comment

Hi wilro, thanks a lot for your hard work in porting openelec to the MX3G. I have a kinda offtopic question, that is: how hard would it be to port arch linux arm to the MX3G? There is already an s805 port made for the ODROID-C1, would this make it any easier?
                        Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

Hello wilro, almost all of my SD movies stutter,. With or without hardware decoding.
                          I play the files from a NAS.. I have no problem with hd movies from the same NAS

And when i use hardware decoding (Video: MSMPEG4v3 1024x576 25fps 1998kbps [V: msmpeg4, yuv420p, 1024x576, 1998 kb/s]
                          Audio: MP3 48000Hz stereo 128kbps [A: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s]) video does not play.. only audio.

your build an kerber's build has this problem.. I dit not test the 5.95.5 build

Do you have any idea what i can do?

Comment

Subscribed..........

Comment

Originally posted by ricpersi View Post
                              Hi wilro, thanks a lot for your hard work in porting openelec to the MX3G. I have a kinda offtopic question, that is: how hard would it be to port arch linux arm to the MX3G? There is already an s805 port made for the ODROID-C1, would this make it any easier?
                              Thanks in advance for your help!
                              Hi ricpersi,

I doubt it would be too difficult - The biggest issue is dealing/patching around the quirks in the MXIII-G itself. My main interest in dual boot on this box is to run OE/Arch (already do it on my MXQ/MK808b - Failing a proper dual boot function for this box, I will probably roll my own poor mans solution (ie. use a common boot kernel for OE nand/Arch SD - There are still a few show stopper's for me on this box at the moment, before I start exploring the more "fun" things like this, however.

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk1975 View Post
                                Hello wilro, almost all of my SD movies stutter,. With or without hardware decoding.
                                I play the files from a NAS.. I have no problem with hd movies from the same NAS

And when i use hardware decoding (Video: MSMPEG4v3 1024x576 25fps 1998kbps [V: msmpeg4, yuv420p, 1024x576, 1998 kb/s]
                                Audio: MP3 48000Hz stereo 128kbps [A: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s]) video does not play.. only audio.

your build an kerber's build has this problem.. I dit not test the 5.95.5 build

Do you have any idea what i can do?
                                Hi nighthawk1975,

Unfortunately, I don't think this old non-standard video format is supported by anything except windows itself. I vaguely remember reading about a tool that could losslessly convert these to standard divx4/mpeg4, but that was an awful long time ago now ;(

The hardware decoder's from what I can tell, only handle the standard mpeg video/audio formats, everything else is left up to software decoding (ie. ffmpeg) - Unfortunately, it looks like not even ffmpeg can handle this particular format (or it's too demanding on the amlogic CPU). Other's may have a better insight to this than I - I've never used any video/audio formats that have MS or Apple in their names

Comment

Working...
                                X