[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giglife View Post
    how do i know if this works on this new MXIII 4K BOX ?
    This box came with 4.4.2 installed
    is this for these boxes ?
    I hate android on these boxes and would like to flash openelec like i have on my other boxes
    I have a box marked MXIII 4K and these builds works without any problem (i'm using 6.0.0.2d)

Comment

Howdy Guy's,

New builds released (e) - I have introduced my own build based off codesnake's main tree - I consider this the most stable of all 3 builds, however, it lacks most of the plugins included in the other builds.

My test builds based on "wetek_core" (ie. openELEC 6.95/7.0) are very unstable at the moment, however, it does introduce some interesting features which I plan to explore. I will release some test builds based on this when it's in a usable state.

Comment

I have 3 gear best mx3-g boxes and the base android updated with kodi 15.2 seems to work decent.

I am mostly looking for stability while using the salts addon and accessing my hdhomerun. Things that are important to me include box stability, sped and the ability to use my high speed wired network

Is there a build that you would reccomend. Any concerns I should be aware of?

Comment

hiya, thinking of getting another one of these.
          i got my last one from gearbest but it took about a month to land in Oz, i see there is one advertised at DealsMachine with 24hr shipping which would save 10 days.

does anyone know if they are genuine or a clone?

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
            Howdy Guy's,

New builds released (e) - I have introduced my own build based off codesnake's main tree - I consider this the most stable of all 3 builds, however, it lacks most of the plugins included in the other builds.

My test builds based on "wetek_core" (ie. openELEC 6.95/7.0) are very unstable at the moment, however, it does introduce some interesting features which I plan to explore. I will release some test builds based on this when it's in a usable state.
            Hi, i've tried the codesnake derived build but now i've got a black screen after tronsmart logo. Is this because i've updated from a different build and i should have gone the sd way instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigredfan View Post
              I have 3 gear best mx3-g boxes and the base android updated with kodi 15.2 seems to work decent.

I am mostly looking for stability while using the salts addon and accessing my hdhomerun. Things that are important to me include box stability, sped and the ability to use my high speed wired network

Is there a build that you would reccomend. Any concerns I should be aware of?
              All 3 builds include support for hdhomerun, they all use my customised 3.10.61 kernel, I don't use any addons/plugins personally, so I'd expect the "salts" addon to perform the same on any of the builds. Wired connections are solid, whereas wireless is mostly reliable (Amlogic wireless in general isn't that great - My 6.0.0e is the best choice/most stable in most cases, unless you have pvr requirements that are not included by default (in which case kerber's builds include many pvr addons by default)

Comment

Originally posted by stannoplan View Post
                hiya, thinking of getting another one of these.
                i got my last one from gearbest but it took about a month to land in Oz, i see there is one advertised at DealsMachine with 24hr shipping which would save 10 days.

does anyone know if they are genuine or a clone?
                Good question - I have purchased these boxes from both of the above supplier's, & they appear to be genuine (In both cases, however, I got them on pre-order/sale - Who knows what's actually supplied now) - In both cases, they took > a month to arrive after supposedly being "shipped", & being the time of years it is at the moment, I wouldn't expect speedy delivery from either regardless... (I won't mention the Inphic H8 I purchased *before* either of the above, that took 2 months & was DOA

Comment

Originally posted by ilfrance View Post

Hi, i've tried the codesnake derived build but now i've got a black screen after tronsmart logo. Is this because i've updated from a different build and i should have gone the sd way instead?
                  I recommend using toothpick/zip installs when moving between the builds (It's also the failsafe if the upgrade tar method fails between any version - This latest build changes our bootloader back to the MX3G's bootloader (should get the Google TV boot screen) - The zip install method is the only guaranteed way to ensure the bootloader/version release are matched with the build being installed (ie. I have tweaked the current builds to work best with the MX3G's bootloader). The other thing to consider is that while the 3 builds are derived from the same base (codesnake's), they have subtle differences in file config file locations, etc (Kodi's layout is the same, which is why using the OE backup/restore is safe to use across all 3 builds

Comment

Got it installed which was easy as all get out

First thing I noticed was holy speed increase batman

Way way way better than running kodi app on the stock android

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276
                      (zip files = toothpick install, tar files = upgrade already installed OE)
                      How can i install your builds on a bootable SD Card ?
                      My goal is to keep android in Nand and OE in SD

Comment

Says "Signature verification failed"
                        I will attach a screen showing this.

What am I doing wrong?

Box is MXIII-G (Amlogic S812) 2gb ram 4k model.
                        Was trying in you most latest build, will try other builds now, see if its just corrupt zip file.
                        edit:
                        none of the 3 builds from the OP worked. ended up with the same signature verification failed error.

I was able to flash one of the original build form the other thread

first time running openelec, lets give this a spin
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by baalho; 12-20-2015, 21:16. Reason: was able to flash older build

Comment

Originally posted by baalho View Post
                          Says "Signature verification failed"
                          I will attach a screen showing this.

What am I doing wrong?

Box is MXIII-G (Amlogic S812) 2gb ram 4k model.
                          Was trying in you most latest build, will try other builds now, see if its just corrupt zip file.
                          edit:
                          none of the 3 builds from the OP worked. ended up with the same signature verification failed error.

I was able to flash one of the original build form the other thread

first time running openelec, lets give this a spin
                          Your screenshot indicates that your box didn't boot off the recovery.img from the sdcard (The error you are getting is what happens when the android 5 recovery tries to install the OE roms) - I'd check the image/sdcard - probably a corrupt D/L (The toothpick/recovery process falls back to loading the box's internal "recovery" if it is unable to load the one from the SD card - which in your case appears to be the original android 5 one

Comment

It was probably my fault.
                            I actually booted directly to stock recovery and did the install zip from EXT.
                            My SDcard reader in computer is broken, so I put the zip file in a usb and tried to flash it.

So I actually need to extract the zip file to the root of the SDcard?

Was was surprising was I was able to flash the old build with out the signature problem. Any thoughts wilro?
                            !

Comment

Wilro, Great job on the ROM. I'm running your 6.0e and haven't experienced any issue for over 24hrs. CPU control is great, all videos are being decoded via hardware and I've had no trouble with Wi-Fi even with my static settings using alternate DNS servers. I've updated all three of my boxes with a fresh install and all have been flawless and fast!

Have you thought about a list of changes for each revision?

And where is the PayPal link for

Comment

Originally posted by baalho View Post
                                It was probably my fault.
                                I actually booted directly to stock recovery and did the install zip from EXT.
                                My SDcard reader in computer is broken, so I put the zip file in a usb and tried to flash it.

So I actually need to extract the zip file to the root of the SDcard?

Was was surprising was I was able to flash the old build with out the signature problem. Any thoughts wilro?
                                !
                                Yep...

1.Extract the downloaded ZIP to the SD root.
                                2. Slide the SD card into the powered off MX3G
                                3. Use a toothpick pushing the reset switch that is inside the headphone jack. You should feel it being depressed with slight pressure.
                                4. At the same time with toothpick depressing the reset switch, press the power on button holding both until you see the google TV boot screen then you can release.
                                5. After you see the lil green dude do his thing it will reboot to Openelec. Follow instructions on the screen...
                                6. Have a beer you deserve it...

Comment

Working...
                                X