Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bluesmanuk. Worked like a charm. Thanks...
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Great stuff.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

del

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk

On the same screen that you change the offset thee is an option to set it as the default for all videos.

You can see it in this video.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk
            Great stuff.
            Hi to you and op, my kodi keeps crashing due to armcodec on but if yours is off how do you play your hevc/4k with out it as mine needs it?

It will be nice if the op can update kodi to stop this, also how do you upgrade and downgrade, I'll like to test kodi 17 without fresh install.

Thanks.

Comment

ddogishere. I am running this ROM with armcodec off and I have no problems playing 4K videos to a Vizio 4K TV via a Pioneer VSX-530 from my M8S. The TV & receiver are HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant. The resolution defaults to smpte24hz but can be driven to 4k2k-60hz on the M8S. The TV does not do HDR, so it is off. The M8S is HDMI 2.0, so the combination of hardware & software works for me. I am very pleased with this ROM and Kodi 16.1.

Crashing Kodi can come from a variety of issues. Memory can be a big issue. Have you activated the debug log? it may help point to an issue. I have successfully crashed Kodi by creating too large a network buffer in advancesettings.xml.
              Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman
                ddogishere. I am running this ROM with armcodec off and I have no problems playing 4K videos to a Vizio 4K TV via a Pioneer VSX-530 from my M8S. The TV & receiver are HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant. The resolution defaults to smpte24hz but can be driven to 4k2k-60hz on the M8S. The TV does not do HDR, so it is off. The M8S is HDMI 2.0, so the combination of hardware & software works for me. I am very pleased with this ROM and Kodi 16.1.

Crashing Kodi can come from a variety of issues. Memory can be a big issue. Have you activated the debug log? it may help point to an issue. I have successfully crashed Kodi by creating too large a network buffer in advancesettings.xml.
                Thanks will take your suggestion on board.

Comment

For anyone who wants to use apps that wont work with hdmi out i found an xposed mod that has allowed me to use comcast and dish with the tx5 pro. App is called receiverstop. http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.de...k.receiverstop
                  After installing open receiverstop and choose app u wanna watch and block all receivers then reboot. I have tested both comcast xfinity tv (not the tv go app) and dish app both work without problem. I also tried all 4 app but dont have vpn and get the not available at my location error. Anyone want to try other apps let us know what works what dont.

To install xposed the easiest way check out post 19 by BubuXP at this link http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...scussion/page2

Comment

Found a way to bypass root check on the all4 app. After u install xposed use the receiverstop mod and root cloak mod. On receiverstop block all receivers and the open root cloak mod and go to native root detection. Install the library and then add all4 to the list. All 4 no longer looks for root or hdmi. Hope it helps people who want it.

Comment

So, my Tanix TX5 Pro is delivered any day now. Which firmware should I use, the latest original firmware or this modded?
                      What is fixed and better in this one?
                      I think I have no use for the Passtrough fix.

If I install this, will all the apps that the box came with still be there? Like Kodi and everything?

Thank you!

EDIT: Which version is this firmware based on? The TX5 Pro got HDMI Cec in an update, is this included?

Comment

so i ordered a few boxes for my house and family members house .... i loaded this firmware and used twrp to backup .... but when i restore on my other boxes i get extracttar error any help in this matter because it will take me forever to program each and every box

Comment

Try doing a wipe of system, dalvik and data and then try the restore again.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi
                            Can someone put brightness fix to last Mini M8S II firmware https://yadi.sk/d/tGBtKTKJwsd8y
                            Box it's perfect but brightness it's too low

Comment

del

Comment

Hello, I recently purchased Nexbox A95X. However it is unable to play HEVC/H265 files. Is there any fix that I could apply? I have flashed it to the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer (09/23/2016) but I continue to run into same issues. Only Plex works if uncheck direct play/direct stream checkboxes (which I assume means Plex server must be transcoding somehow). But Kodi does not work at all. If I uncheck the two provided codecs, the movie works in slow motion. Otherwise I see green/pink screen (see attached).
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X