Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatwave View Post
    Hey guys I own a Nexbox A95X S905X 2/16 I'd like to know if anyone got the stock remote to work turning the system on and if so, how? I tried all the A95X remote.conf but it doesn't work. Thanks!
    Try this rom.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      I just modified update for another brightness fix....can you run update again and give some feedback.
      Looks like it's still not fixed yet. Unfortunately(
      After some research on this forum I found that my problem is similar to others that were reported about it prior to your fix. But of course I've applied all updates.
      - brightness is fine (fullRGB) until I open some videos of specific formats/codecs.
      Some h.264 files and also all of h.265/hevc/4k files force limitedRGB. In other words, it's not possible to play 4k correctly at all, as well as a part of HD h.264 files.
      Brightness becomes correct each time after reboot.
      Also, this problem is not depends on specific tv manufacturers, Ive tested with 3 different pc monitors and 1 tv, all of them are affected, so the problem is only in firmware itself.
      After some tests I found that if I open h.265 file in a player, that has disabled hardware h.265 codec then brightness is Ok, if i enable that hardware codec then it forces to limitedRGB.

Concerning h.264 - It's harder to specify, because it mostly works ok, just maybe 10-20% of files force limitedRGB, also it depends on a player used.
      Simple players like built in android one force limitedRGB more frequently.
      Probably they are using native Amlogic hardware codes and this is root of the problem. Or a part of the problem. That's Ive found after a week of tests. Software codecs don't have any problems.
      Is there something could be a fix for this?

thanks
      Alex
      Last edited by rix81; 10-03-2016, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by rix81
        Looks like it's still not fixed yet. Unfortunately(
        After some research on this forum I found that my problem is similar to others that were reported about it prior to your fix. But of course I've applied all updates.
        - brightness is fine (fullRGB) until I open some videos that have specific formats/codecs.
        Some h264 files and also all of h265/hevc/4k files force limitedRGB. In other words, it's not possible to play 4k correctly at all, as well as a part of fullHd avc files.
        Brightness becomes correct each time after reboot.
        Also, this problem is not depends on specific tv manufacturers, ive tested with 3 different pc monitors and 1 tv, all of them are affected, so the problem is only in firmware itself.
        After some tests I found that if I open hevc file in a player, that has disabled hardware hevc codec then brightness is Ok, if i enable that hardware codec then it forces to limitedRGB.

Concerning h264 - It's harder to specify, because it mostly works ok, just maybe 10-20% of files force limitedRGB, also it depends on a player used.
        Simple players like built in android one force limitedRGB more frequently.
        Probably they are using native Amlogic hardware codes and this is root of the problem. Or a part of the problem. That's Ive found after a week of tests. Software codecs don't have any problems.
        Is there something could be a fix for this?

thanks
        Alex
        I've the same problem

Last edited by McCooll; 10-03-2016, 16:37.

Comment

I dont think its firmware related more Kodi Lib media related to specific codex and can you guys test in MX player and see if same issue is present ?? Also download SPMC latest release and test in that as well because Koying release some new fixes for video fixes.
          16.4.2 (2016/08/15):

• REVERT: crash when enumerating sound devices during a refresh rate change
          • FIX: Missing start of video with large buffer

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            can you guys test in MX player and see if same issue is present ??
            Yes of course. It not depends on the player itself, just on what codec does the player uses. Moreover, If i disable h.265 hardware codec in MXplayer then it open h.265 files without forcing to limited rgb . Concerning h.264 - it's harder to find, becouse it sometimes is ok and sometimes is not, but software mode always is ok. Of cource Kodi causes limited rgb as well as other players. Actually ive tested about 10 different players, all of them had the issue.
            Last edited by rix81; 10-03-2016, 19:25.

Comment

Does anyone have a ver of this rom that fixes the Language issue with the Nexbox A5
              Nvidia Sheild Tv
              ADT-1 Developer Kit
              Wetek Core
              Fire Tv2
              Beelink GT1
              Raspberry Pi2
              Odroid C2
              Nexbox A5

Comment

Does anyone has a sd card flash method version for this ROM please ?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pfornaro
                  OK guys, I did it... I returned to stock! and I'm going to write a little guide if someone will have my same situation. So let's start

Do you want to restore or reflash your ROM but your remote controller doesn't work? Follow this guide

- Download the latest USB Burning Tool (v2.0.8)

- Open it and load your image

- Now click on the "Start" button

- Plug your USB male to male cable to the port nearest to the back of your box and you should get the red on the box

- Plug the Power adapter and now you should get the blue led on the box

- You are done, the ROM is flashing right now, just wait and click on "Stop" when it's finished

- At the first reboot BE PATIENT, it takes some minutes, don't power off the device

Ok that's the guide but anyway I didn't solve my main problem. I decided to flash this rom because I would watch my Mediaset Premium (for who doesn't know it's like SkyGo) on my device. The problem is that I can't watch if my device is rooted, so I was searching for a solution to hide my root. I noticed that SuperSU can hide the root and this rom should have SuperSU. Anyway as I said before I wasn't lucky enough to do that.. So my question is: How could I hide my root from stock rom getting mediaset app working? Thanks everyone in advance
                  Hi, about Mediaset, I've the same issue with YesGO, no solution yet, I do think it's the presence of the word "test" in the build.prop file, I had that issue with Tronsmart on a different device and it worked, what I did was, edit the file by just searching for "test" and remove it but now on the s905x, I didn't backup the file so it kinda got 0kb and boot-looped on me so I reflashed stock. Haven't had a chance to try again yet....

Comment

Originally posted by zeevg View Post
                    Hi, about Mediaset, I've the same issue with YesGO, no solution yet, I do think it's the presence of the word "test" in the build.prop file, I had that issue with Tronsmart on a different device and it worked, what I did was, edit the file by just searching for "test" and remove it but now on the s905x, I didn't backup the file so it kinda got 0kb and boot-looped on me so I reflashed stock. Haven't had a chance to try again yet....

Thanks for your answer, I didn't find a solution yet too. I'm searching and trying to fix it so let's update the situation here!

Comment

http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer
                      Originally posted by pfornaro View Post

Thanks for your answer, I didn't find a solution yet too. I'm searching and trying to fix it so let's update the situation here!
                      Xposed has some good root masking utils.... http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer

Comment

I tried Xposed aswell without success. Thanks anyway for your reply. Anyway.. Guys, I really don't understand why we still have the brightness issue. Yes, after the update the problem is less notable but when the scene is "dark" (so there are shadows, dark figures etc.) the screen becomes very very dark making the watching annoying! Did someone find a solution/working at this? The box is very good in my opinion but this thing really ruins my feedback to it

Comment

Then Just think how crap it would be on the stock. Because Pharjister has solved alot of issue. This is combo of fixes to get device to where it should be. Lots have been testing and helping to improve because basicly its un supported device. So not many here really care about your riuned feed back. Sorry my little rant over... Keep in mind hard work and no pay to get your crap device to this point. Provide feed back
                          ​​​
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pfornaro View Post
                            I tried Xposed aswell without success. Thanks anyway for your reply. Anyway.. Guys, I really don't understand why we still have the brightness issue. Yes, after the update the problem is less notable but when the scene is "dark" (so there are shadows, dark figures etc.) the screen becomes very very dark making the watching annoying! Did someone find a solution/working at this? The box is very good in my opinion but this thing really ruins my feedback to it
                            What part is dark video or ui? Only addressed ui with update.
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I'm sorry if I misspoke or if you misunderstood my words but I was talking about my personal device's feedback, not about the firmware!!
                              This firmware is 100 times better than the stock one and I must say thanks to prahijster for that and also to Krisshin for the remote control fix, you really made an amazing job.
                              Anyway I'm facing brightness issue in both the ui and the video. I have just found a temporary solution thanks to the app "Screen Adjuster" the parameters to fix it are: R:11 G:11 B:11 and contrast 5 (just if anyone has my same issue)
                              It's not bad at all but I would prefer a definitive fix.. Thanks for your answer prahjister, I really hope you could help me to fix this too

Comment

I think the brigthness problems is TV related, I was facing the same issue on my Samsung TV, after some research I turn off dynamic contrast and eco settings and the problem is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X