Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, but I flashed it back to the stock M8SMini II ROM, except a newer version than I had installed previously and my WiFi is working great.

Anyway, still appreciate your work. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      Might have brightness fix
      That would be great, interested (though I might not understand!) to know what is causing it. Would much rather have a software fix than manually turning the brightness up on the TV!

Comment

Blacks suddenly becoming much lighter is a symptom of full range being in effect, not limited.

When using most TV's, limited should always be the default state anyway.

It's only when using a monitor will full range be the preferred option.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Blacks suddenly becoming much lighter is a symptom of full range being in effect, not limited.

When using most TV's, limited should always be the default state anyway.

It's only when using a monitor will full range be the preferred option.
          If the device is outputting full range RGB and you set your TV to expect limited range, that's when blacks will look dark, but you'll also experience a lot of 'clipped' detail (levels below 16 and above 235).
          If the device is outputting limited range RGB and you set your TV to expect full range, that's when blacks will look lighter (as it is in my particular case). The device is outputting black as 16 and white at 235, but my TV is expecting black to be at 0 and white to be at 255, hence why blacks are lighter.

Of course you could adjust your TV's brightness (black level)/contrast or picture (white level) settings to 'fix' some of these issues, but ideally you want your device and TV on the same page: RGB Full Output / Display expects RGB Full etc. Most Samsungs, LGs and Panasonics have an RGB Range toggle in my experience (usually called HDMI Black Level, or HDMI RGB Range). Vizio sets seem to set it automatically. I don't have experience with other brands.

The stock ROM for the M8SMini II outputs Full Range RGB and it cannot be changed in the settings. My LG LED TV has a toggle for RGB Range and I set it to match the M8SMini II. When I installed the modified TX5 firmware, it also output RGB Full range... that is until I played a movie in Kodi, then it switches the box to Limited Range. Setting my TV to expect Limited fixes the problem, as in it matches the levels again. But on the next reboot, it will reset itself back to Full range.

It is true that Limited is generally used more often for TVs and Full for monitors. However most digital flat panels have the option for supporting both.
          Last edited by rahzel; 09-15-2016, 20:24.

Comment

I think Super Celeron solve part. But wait a bit till i can confirm. (reading) lol
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

What was neomodes change for rotation fix.
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Brightness fix added. Please test
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                  Brightness fix added. Please test
                  Great, will try to test this soon. Thanks again for continued efforts to make this a better platform.

As an FYI for other, Fake Wifi does actually work, I just needed to force close some apps. It's still a bit flakey as sometimes it will just stop working and then need to force close and restart an app. I would like to explore the WIFI similulator on the wetek at some point when (if!!) I have time.

Comment

I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere, but how can I flash this to my Mini M8S II? When I boot to recovery and try to install the .zip it says "footer wrong" and "signature verification failed"?

Comment

Brightness seems better to me!
                      Last edited by DrEvil; 09-17-2016, 12:47.

Comment

Persist.sys.app.rotation = force_land runs apps normally.

To use keyboard so Enter completes input

Modification to generic.kl
                        Generic.kl line 28 change from DPAD_CENTER to ENTER

​​​​And the multi window from abdul is change build prop to userdebug in type.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hello prahjister

thank you for this great modded firmware ! Everything works fine (keyboard, passthrough, etc..) except brightness despite latest fix provided you provided 2 days ago (tested and installed!).
                          Please note that brightness problem occurs both with mini m8s ii official firmware & your modded firmware (with latest update from September 15th, applied with "Terminal" (su & update))

I don't have the solution , but I think we can figure it out thanks to these tests/findings (please confirm the behaviour is the same for you as well)
                          1) if I play on Kodi any 4k video then brightness goes back to "normal" on Kodi and Android until next reboot
                          or second workaround
                          2) I've tried the apk "screen adjuster" on google play store, and after I have enabled it, i set contrast to 50 and the brightness is back to normal until next reboot

Also, as sever users reported, the brightness problem started to occur after 1st OTA update (from mini m8s ii official firmware)

Can you figure out what's wrong thanks to these tests/findings and try to provide a fix ?

Many thanks in advance, have a great day

Also, one last thing I've tried 4k videos (.ts format) with mini m8s original firmware and it worked fine without buffering (video starts immediatrly). On your modded firmware it works fine but it buffers 45 sec / 1min before video starts.
                          PS : 4k video tests available here : http://demo-uhd3d.com/

Best Regards

Nicolas
                          Last edited by tueloup; 09-17-2016, 15:44.

Comment

I just modified update for another brightness fix....can you run update again and give some feedback.

Comment

Hi,

I've just tested and it works fine ! No more brightness problems
                              Thank you so much ! Now we have the (nearly) perfect rom thanks to you prahjister on our mini m8s ii

Comment

And is it the ui or video that is dark. If video uninstall kodi preinstalled then load kodi from play store. Then while playing video click video options in bottom right and adjust brightness. You can make permanent as well with last option

Comment

Working...
                                X