Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandog View Post

Any idea if it will work on a nexbox A5 2/16?
    If it has a s905x CPU it will very probably works. That recovery was created for A95X but works in all p212 boards.

Comment

Originally posted by sandog View Post

Any idea if it will work on a nexbox A5 2/16?
      It worked for me as i mentioned above i have the same box as yours. also i flashed it as follows:

1) Download the file and rename it to recovery.img and place it on sd card
      2) Insert the sd card in the tv box and turn it on while holding the reset pin until you see twrp screen
      3) At this point it will ask whether you want to keep it read only or something.
      4) Just go ahead and install it by dragging the button to the right with your mouse and make sure you are replacing recovery.img and not the boot.img file as it will show you both files

thanks

Comment

I remote does not work on the A5, to return original rom

Comment

Well. i got there i the end.
          I have the M8S Mini ii and nothing but problems trying to flash.

Using win 10 x64, now i am currently on win 8 x86 and no joy after buying a cheap male A to male A cable.

So i bought a thicker cable this one for £1.99 and it worked :-

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/1807541145...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Opened burning tool, change to english, loaded the img file, then selected Force Erase All in box on right.

Then click START, plug usb cable into REAR USB PORT, NEAR HDMI on box.

Then i held down the reset button underneath box, and whilst i did, i then connected other end of cable to pc usb 3.0 port.

I hear the windows connection ping, which i then release the reset button.

Nothing seemed to happen, waited approx 40 seconds, disconnected usb from pc, waited 5 seconds and reconnected and BAM up popped my box in burning tool window and it was installing.

Nice to see rooted

Fully working, i don't use remote as they are pointless, either Air mouse/keyboard or plug in standard mouse.

Very happy thou kodi keeps damn closing.
          Not sure but i feel it's maybe kodi issue.

I did remove pre installed version and started a fresh.

So it boiled down to has some have mentioned, the usb cable, which i believe simply does not carry enough power to box from pc, soon as thicker on in, job is a good un

Comment

Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post
            Well. i got there i the end.
            I have the M8S Mini ii and nothing but problems trying to flash.

Using win 10 x64, now i am currently on win 8 x86 and no joy after buying a cheap male A to male A cable.

So i bought a thicker cable this one for £1.99 and it worked :-

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/1807541145...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Opened burning tool, change to english, loaded the img file, then selected Force Erase All in box on right.

Then click START, plug usb cable into REAR USB PORT, NEAR HDMI on box.

Then i held down the reset button underneath box, and whilst i did, i then connected other end of cable to pc usb 3.0 port.

I hear the windows connection ping, which i then release the reset button.

Nothing seemed to happen, waited approx 40 seconds, disconnected usb from pc, waited 5 seconds and reconnected and BAM up popped my box in burning tool window and it was installing.

Nice to see rooted

Fully working, i don't use remote as they are pointless, either Air mouse/keyboard or plug in standard mouse.

Very happy thou kodi keeps damn closing.
            Not sure but i feel it's maybe kodi issue.

I did remove pre installed version and started a fresh.

So it boiled down to has some have mentioned, the usb cable, which i believe simply does not carry enough power to box from pc, soon as thicker on in, job is a good un
            Remember to turn amcodec off in settings to stop Kodi from crashing
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

prahjister

Any word about the passthrough issues reported?

Comment

Not been able to look into it...I did experience wierd sound issue once ....but it was paused for 15 min and i came back. I had to restart Kodi and it was ok
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Remember to turn amcodec off in settings to stop Kodi from crashing
                  I have turned that off, but the other 2 should remain on?
                  Sorry to sound dumb, but is the amcodec something to do with the s905x chip?
                  Best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister
                    Not been able to look into it...I did experience wierd sound issue once ....but it was paused for 15 min and i came back. I had to restart Kodi and it was ok
                    I'll try to reproduce it and let you know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by androjohn View Post

I recently came across this TWRP Recovery. It works flawlessly you just need to use mouse for it. I have tested it on a Nexbox A5 2G/16G

what is the method you used to flash TWRP on your A5
                      Nvidia Sheild Tv
                      ADT-1 Developer Kit
                      Wetek Core
                      Fire Tv2
                      Beelink GT1
                      Raspberry Pi2
                      Odroid C2
                      Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by tucano View Post
                        I remote does not work on the A5, to return original rom
                        what is the question? I have flashed from modded rom to original rom 2 times
                        Nvidia Sheild Tv
                        ADT-1 Developer Kit
                        Wetek Core
                        Fire Tv2
                        Beelink GT1
                        Raspberry Pi2
                        Odroid C2
                        Nexbox A5

Comment

Thanks for the custom firmware guys so far so good. I have one problem my mac address have change, is there a way to revert it back or a good apps that can change mac address?

Edit: i edit it again it did change my original mac address. Is there a way to edit it to original?
                          Last edited by blyx21; 09-07-2016, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by sandog

what is the method you used to flash TWRP on your A5

I flashed it as follows:

2) Insert the sd card in the tv box and turn it on while holding the reset pin until you see twrp screen
                            3) At this point it will ask whether you want to run or install it twrp
                            4) Just go ahead and install it by dragging the button to the right with your mouse and make sure you are replacing recovery.img and not the boot.img file as it will ask you which files to replace.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by androjohn View Post

I flashed it as follows:

3) At this point it will ask whether you want to run or install it twrp
                              4) Just go ahead and install it by dragging the button to the right with your mouse and make sure you are replacing recovery.img and not the boot.img file as it will ask you which files to replace.

Thanks

Do you need to use the sd card tool or just copy the img to the sd
                              Nvidia Sheild Tv
                              ADT-1 Developer Kit
                              Wetek Core
                              Fire Tv2
                              Beelink GT1
                              Raspberry Pi2
                              Odroid C2
                              Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by sandog

Do you need to use the sd card tool or just copy the img to the sd
                                No need to use sd card tool that is mostly use to flash rom. To flash recovery just copy recovery.img to sd card.

Comment

Working...
                                X