Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandog View Post

I was trying to flash with the hdmi cable plugged in. Once I unplugged flashed 1st time
    My A5 has been flashed at least 20 times and I have never unpluged HDMI cable. If it doesn't flash first time I just unplug USB cable and replug it without stopping the burnning tool. It seems that the driver doesn't always work the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
      My COOLEME MB1 Bluetooth Issue is resolved (should have been using Tanix TX5 [not Pro] firmware) also have Root
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...755#post594755
      Well that is great. So if you would still like to try this firmware all you have to do to fix your bluetooth issue is to get the bluetooth files from the firmware you are using with the customization tool.

Comment

[QUOTE=gtznutz;n594816]

My A5 has been flashed at least 20 times and I have never unpluged HDMI cable. If it doesn't flash first time I just unplug USB cable and replug it without stopping the burnning tool. It seems that the driver doesn't always work the first time.[/Q

I tried flashing it 30 times and it wouldnt go.. I would hold the recovery button down plug in the usb and everytime it would get hung up on the boot logo it would connect on the usb tool while being stuck on the boot logo. I would let go of the push button I would hit flash just to try it and it would start the flash and reset the a5 and give a error . I would try holding the button down again, unplugging the usb everything just wouldnt flash.. It was a big pain in the ass
        Nvidia Sheild Tv
        ADT-1 Developer Kit
        Wetek Core
        Fire Tv2
        Beelink GT1
        Raspberry Pi2
        Odroid C2
        Nexbox A5

Comment

[QUOTE=sandog;n594820]
          Originally posted by gtznutz View Post

My A5 has been flashed at least 20 times and I have never unpluged HDMI cable. If it doesn't flash first time I just unplug USB cable and replug it without stopping the burnning tool. It seems that the driver doesn't always work the first time.

I tried flashing it 30 times and it wouldnt go.. I would hold the recovery button down plug in the usb and everytime it would get hung up on the boot logo it would connect on the usb tool while being stuck on the boot logo. I would let go of the push button I would hit flash just to try it and it would start the flash and reset the a5 and give a error . I would try holding the button down again, unplugging the usb everything just wouldnt flash.. It was a big pain in the ass
          You don't have to hold button just unplug and replug. Also if I don't connect power wire at same time as usb on the first try I would get errors.
          Last edited by gtznutz; 09-05-2016, 15:26.

Comment

On my A5 as soon as i plug the usb in to my pc it powers up... Should i still use power adapter when programming even though the usb powers the unit up?
            Nvidia Sheild Tv
            ADT-1 Developer Kit
            Wetek Core
            Fire Tv2
            Beelink GT1
            Raspberry Pi2
            Odroid C2
            Nexbox A5

Comment

On my A5 as soon as i plug the usb in to my pc it powers up... Should i still use power adapter when programming even though the usb powers the unit up?
              I do. It seems to have alot less errors.

Comment

Hi ! Thanks you for this firmware Remote work great (except shortcut, its normal ??) after the little trick.

I have an issue with wifi... i see my wifi, can connect, work great but after a reboot, i'm disconnected and i don't see it no more... So i'm stuck without wifi, my computer and phone can connect. I already restart my router. I don't know why it's not working anymore

ps : i can see the other network

Comment

Anybody know if quick support is working with this ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by WizardPC View Post
                    Hi ! Thanks you for this firmware Remote work great (except shortcut, its normal ??) after the little trick.

I have an issue with wifi... i see my wifi, can connect, work great but after a reboot, i'm disconnected and i don't see it no more... So i'm stuck without wifi, my computer and phone can connect. I already restart my router. I don't know why it's not working anymore

ps : i can see the other network
                    What box are you running? Also have you made sure wi-fi is on and ethernet is turned off and cable disconnected? Don't expect great reception either unless you are going to do the antenna mod.

Comment

Is there a ver of twrp that will work on the nexbox A5 also can anything be done to make the usb stay on when in sleep mode because if you have a usb mouse or keyboard plugged in the unit will not wake
                      I recently came across this TWRP Recovery. It works flawlessly you just need to use mouse for it. I have tested it on a Nexbox A5 2G/16G

Comment

Originally posted by gtznutz View Post

What box are you running? Also have you made sure wi-fi is on and ethernet is turned off and cable disconnected? Don't expect great reception either unless you are going to do the antenna mod.
                        A95X 2/16. Perhaps it's my router, because with my phone (sharing connection) i haven't this problem... I see more than 10 network EXCEPT mine.
                        I have seen others "issues", i'm not enjoying this box for the moment

Shortcut on remote doesn't work
                        Date/Hours is not set with network, and you can't do it manually with the remote. Moreover after setting it with a mouse, is reset after a reboot...
                        I don't know if bluetooth work because it can't be see by any remote application i have downloaded on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by androjohn View Post

I recently came across this TWRP Recovery. It works flawlessly you just need to use mouse for it. I have tested it on a Nexbox A5 2G/16G

Any idea if it will work on a nexbox A5 2/16?
                          Nvidia Sheild Tv
                          ADT-1 Developer Kit
                          Wetek Core
                          Fire Tv2
                          Beelink GT1
                          Raspberry Pi2
                          Odroid C2
                          Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by WizardPC View Post

A95X 2/16. Perhaps it's my router, because with my phone (sharing connection) i haven't this problem... I see more than 10 network EXCEPT mine.
                            I have seen others "issues", i'm not enjoying this box for the moment

Shortcut on remote doesn't work
                            Date/Hours is not set with network, and you can't do it manually with the remote. Moreover after setting it with a mouse, is reset after a reboot...
                            I don't know if bluetooth work because it can't be see by any remote application i have downloaded on my phone.
                            What shortcut not working? If your not connected to the internet then auto time will not work. Also do you have the correct time zone? I don't understand your wi-fi issue and is your bluetooth paired with your phone? Any wi-fi bluetooth problems that you have seen from before in this thread have been fixed on the A95x

Comment

Shortcut on the remote, like the Kodi button. Yes correct time zone, but it's not possible to set the date and hours with the remote only...
                              My wifi issue seems to be gone since i have made a factory reset. Wait and see
                              I haven't re-tested bluetooth yet (but yes it was paired but none of my application can see the box)

Comment

Im not running this firmware at the moment so i can not confirm anything but I do seem to remember that the kodi button did not work. I would guess it could be remapped.

Comment

Working...
                                X