Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    What capped mean?
    mean limited. means that I get an upper limited. this upper limit is 2Mb/s

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Does the MAC Address change after each reboot?
      No the MAC Address doesn't change after reboot

Comment

Well if the same firmware acts differently on a genuine box and a clone then I would be looking at the clone board and comparing it to a genuine model to see what differences there may be.

If the same, then it does seem to imply some form of hardware issue.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Well if the same firmware acts differently on a genuine box and a clone then I would be looking at the clone board and comparing it to a genuine model to see what differences there may be.

If the same, then it does seem to imply some form of hardware issue.
          My motherboard even has the sheep logo and says "MINIM8S_II", can anyone share a motherboard photo?

edit: After exporting the log via terminal i can see this:
          - My wifi is keeping enable/disabled, every 0.5segs even when im using cable.
          After rebooting and disabling my wifi, and then plug the ethernet, i get 95Mbps again.
          Last edited by Shepard06; 09-22-2016, 00:28.

Comment

Originally posted by KMetal View Post
            Hi prahjister thanks for your work! This firmware is so good! I have a question about customize link of oranth launcher. How it's possibile? If i click "file browser" it reboot launcher, and if I click Browser (with crome icon) il launch stock browser not Chrome Browser. Thanks

PS: please update if possibile 1^tread with bluetooth file fix (by TX5 not pro) for M8s II (or Cooleme). I've read 42 page to find it! thanks
            The reason why the system hangs with oranth launcher when pressing file browser because its not installed in the firmware. Try to manual install it to have it.

Comment

Thus anyone encounter problem when pass thru enable? When i stream videos like youtube or other streaming apps, sometime sound become crappy but when you refresh the youtube or other apps it turns ok. Only happen when pass thru is enable.

Comment

I was getting poor sound on streaming with the pass through fix.

Comment

hello, someone who has a mini m8s II firmware can confirm this works? kodi and has the option amcodec available in the video options? Then I have the original firmware mini m8s if I need to return to the original

Comment

Its already been confirmed... 😏
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

At this point in time is it safe to say that everything is working ok with this rom mod on tx5 pro? I want to order 10 of these and do a nandriod recovery to these boxes. does the rom have all the fixes built in or do i have to do it manually than nandroid backup? meaning keyboard enter fix, brightness fix. passthrough fix. ect... Anything new with auto refresh rate? Basically i just want a decent box for family and friends. I'm using a sub $30 mxq pro 1gb 8gb android 5.1 box and it works pretty damn good. but i want to future proof it for them and myself with latest android 6.0 and new features s905x. I got a good quote for tx5 pro at $34 a piece. should i pull the trigger on this or wait?

Comment

If you want Auto Refresh Rate (as i do) then you'll have to wait ... AFAIK none of these s905x support it yet? maybe? (using my Rpi3 instead, for my movies.. since it supports Auto Frame Rate Switching and Flawless Passthrough)

Comment

Hi, i have install this rom on my nexbox A95 S905X box.. Everything work fine but everytime when i click file browser it will force close Oranth laucher. How to solve this. How can i change the file browser to ES file explorer.

Comment

Will this firmware work on a Nexbox A5 2/16 box
                            Nvidia Sheild Tv
                            ADT-1 Developer Kit
                            Wetek Core
                            Fire Tv2
                            Beelink GT1
                            Raspberry Pi2
                            Odroid C2
                            Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by sandog View Post
                              Will this firmware work on a Nexbox A5 2/16 box
                              yes this works on Nexbox A5 2/16.

The only issues are as follows:

1. Initially your stock IR remote won't work and you'll have to replace remote.conf file at this location "system\etc" once the rom is installed. remote.conf for nexbox a5 is provided at "system\remote\nexboxa5" this will partially fix the remote now as home button won't work until you remap key 102 HOME to key 172 HOME in Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl file
                              2. The "KODI" & "CloudTV" button on the remote also doesn't work. I tried remapping it but doesn't work as of yet.
                              3. The power button puts the box to deep sleep and there is no way to wake up the box except unplugging and plugging the power back in. not sure when that will be fixed

Overall this rom is better than stock rom pretty smooth no bloatware

Comment

Originally posted by androjohn View Post

yes this works on Nexbox A5 2/16.

The only issues are as follows:

1. Initially your stock IR remote won't work and you'll have to replace remote.conf file at this location "system\etc" once the rom is installed. remote.conf for nexbox a5 is provided at "system\remote\nexboxa5" this will partially fix the remote now as home button won't work until you remap key 102 HOME to key 172 HOME in Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl file
                                2. The "KODI" & "CloudTV" button on the remote also doesn't work. I tried remapping it but doesn't work as of yet.
                                3. The power button puts the box to deep sleep and there is no way to wake up the box except unplugging and plugging the power back in. not sure when that will be fixed

Overall this rom is better than stock rom pretty smooth no bloatware
                                I might have a solution to your kodi button. I have an app on kb2 that can Map buttons but have to see how it works
                                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Working...
                                X