Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the UI that was too dark (android home screen, kodi homepage, etc..). Now all seems fine to me, but let's wait for other users feedback to confirm all is fine for everybody.
    Thanks again

Comment

I've done more testing, unfortunately if I launch a 4k video the screen becomes too bright (black tends to "gray")
      other test/finding : it seems all is related to hardware acceleration amlogic (in settings / system / video / acceleration). If I disable it, then screen won't become too bright just perfect (thanks to your tuning), however 4k video won't work..
      What can we do ? Thanks in advance

Comment

Can you try ftmc and spmc with current settings
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Did you disable all acceleration. Try just disabling amcodec
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Could someone please advise how I get the firmware on my Mini M8S II? It won't flash the .zip in recovery mode, or do I have to flash/install it to a SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by drdoolittle View Post
              It won't flash the .zip in recovery mode
              you've gotta unzip the .zip file 1st ... and then flash .img file

Comment

Flash via Recovery or onto a SD card? If the latter, which tool would I have to use as Rufus doesn't work?

Comment

i did it Recovery Method

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

you've gotta unzip the .zip file 1st ... and then flash .img file
                    I don't get it - is it even possible to flash an .img file? I thought applying updates is only possible with .zip files, where the .img file is contained?

@prahjister could you please explain how to flash your firmware when in recovery mode? I always get errors.

Comment

I use USB burning tool to burn

Comment

USB Burning Tool v2.0.6.2 works well. Get it here along with instructions on how to use it.

Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

2.0.7 and 2.0.8 also available from this thread.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi prahjister thanks for your work! This firmware is so good! I have a question about customize link of oranth launcher. How it's possibile? If i click "file browser" it reboot launcher, and if I click Browser (with crome icon) il launch stock browser not Chrome Browser. Thanks

PS: please update if possibile 1^tread with bluetooth file fix (by TX5 not pro) for M8s II (or Cooleme). I've read 42 page to find it! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KMetal View Post
                              Hi prahjister thanks for your work! This firmware is so good! I have a question about customize link of oranth launcher. How it's possibile? If i click "file browser" it reboot launcher, and if I click Browser (with crome icon) il launch stock browser not Chrome Browser. Thanks

PS: please update if possibile 1^tread with bluetooth file fix (by TX5 not pro) for M8s II (or Cooleme). I've read 42 page to find it! thanks
                              I dont have that box...if someone tells me what exactly needs to be done i can script/add to make it easier

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I dont have that box...if someone tells me what exactly needs to be done i can script/add to make it easier
                                Hi prahjister, kmetal is talking about #622 which is specifially for mini m8s ii. I have verified it is working. But is it possible to host two different BT drivers in a single pkg? Current default BT driver works for Tx5 pro..

Comment

Working...
                                X