Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the display brightness in the updated oem tx5 813 zip firmware seems good plus remote works
    what is needed to port / add those settings into Frank?

Comment

Originally posted by 12star View Post
      the display brightness in the updated oem tx5 813 zip firmware seems good plus remote works
      what is needed to port / add those settings into Frank?
      +1
      **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

I'll check kernel and see if that is the difference. Take me some time. Working on another project right now. I will push an update if that is the difference. It should be in kernel
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
          I'll check kernel and see if that is the difference. Take me some time. Working on another project right now. I will push an update if that is the difference. It should be in kernel
          Sweet. We appreciate your hard work. No rush on this.
          **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

Anyone know the proper way of getting nexbox A5 in 2 recovery to sub flash... I hold the button while plug in usb the first one on the side toward the rear of the box it, it gets to the boot logo and freezes every time..
            Nvidia Sheild Tv
            ADT-1 Developer Kit
            Wetek Core
            Fire Tv2
            Beelink GT1
            Raspberry Pi2
            Odroid C2
            Nexbox A5

Comment

Try just plugging it in without the button
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I flashed two times my box with Amlogic Burning Tool but each time I didn't figured how to do it properly.
                I noticed that if the box blue light turn on, after some seconds it disconnects and the flash fails. Instead when the light remains off but it's recognized by the Tool, the flash procedure will complete. I found that pressing the Start button before connecting the usb cable helped somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post
                  I flashed two times my box with Amlogic Burning Tool but each time I didn't figured how to do it properly.
                  I noticed that if the box blue light turn on, after some seconds it disconnects and the flash fails. Instead when the light remains off but it's recognized by the Tool, the flash procedure will complete. I found that pressing the Start button before connecting the usb cable helped somehow.
                  Did you hold the power down before pluging in usb to start to flash
                  Nvidia Sheild Tv
                  ADT-1 Developer Kit
                  Wetek Core
                  Fire Tv2
                  Beelink GT1
                  Raspberry Pi2
                  Odroid C2
                  Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by androjohn View Post
                    Hi, Firstly i wanted to appreciate the work you're doing. Great work on Mod for Tanix Pro i recently installed it on my Nexbox A5 2G/16G and its working perfectly. Root is working fine too. Great ROM. The only issue i am having is that stock remote is not working. Is there any way we could get it to work again ? Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
                    I was able to get remote working for my A5 by replacing some files from the stock rom and then creating a flash img using amlogic customization tool.
                    Only 2 issues now are:

1. Power button button shuts down the box instead of sleep so it doesn't wake up until you unplug and plug back in. (any idea which file to mod in order to fix it?)
                    2. Home button doesn't work on the remote

Comment

Thanks a lot for this. Installed it on my Mini M8S II and it's working perfectly.

What lead me to install this ROM was the passthrough issue. Sound wasn't stable at all when using 5.1 passthrough on Kodi.

Without the Passthrough Fix, same thing happens. The audio ducks every two seconds.

With the passthrough fix, the audio works fine for some time and then it becomes distorted and full of noise.

Is the passthrough fix for the M8S II?
                      Is it supposed to fix the ducking or other thing?
                      How do I disable the fix?

Comment

Originally posted by sandog View Post

Did you hold the power down before pluging in usb to start to flash
                        Yes, I hold down the hidden button inside the little hole, under the box. That is called the reset button.
                        And remember that the box should be disconnected from every other cable (power, HDMI, etc.) before flashing.

I didn't tried yet, but you could flash the Frankenstein ROM .img from TWRP.
                        Read in my other post how to start and/or install TWRP:

Using the same procedure described there you can try to install the firmware .img file, it should be less stressing than flashing via Windows.

Comment

My COOLEME MB1 Bluetooth Issue is resolved (should have been using Tanix TX5 [not Pro] firmware) also have Root

Comment

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post

Yes, I hold down the hidden button inside the little hole, under the box. That is called the reset button.
                            And remember that the box should be disconnected from every other cable (power, HDMI, etc.) before flashing.

I didn't tried yet, but you could flash the Frankenstein ROM .img from TWRP.
                            Read in my other post how to start and/or install TWRP:

Using the same procedure described there you can try to install the firmware .img file, it should be less stressing than flashing via Windows.
                            I was trying to flash with the hdmi cable plugged in. Once I unplugged flashed 1st time
                            Nvidia Sheild Tv
                            ADT-1 Developer Kit
                            Wetek Core
                            Fire Tv2
                            Beelink GT1
                            Raspberry Pi2
                            Odroid C2
                            Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by dastinger View Post
                              Thanks a lot for this. Installed it on my Mini M8S II and it's working perfectly.

What lead me to install this ROM was the passthrough issue. Sound wasn't stable at all when using 5.1 passthrough on Kodi.

Without the Passthrough Fix, same thing happens. The audio ducks every two seconds.

With the passthrough fix, the audio works fine for some time and then it becomes distorted and full of noise.

Is the passthrough fix for the M8S II?
                              Is it supposed to fix the ducking or other thing?
                              How do I disable the fix?
                              To add to this, is there any file I can provide to help the dev finding out what's up?

Comment

Is there a ver of twrp that will work on the nexbox A5 also can anything be done to make the usb stay on when in sleep mode because if you have a usb mouse or keyboard plugged in the unit will not wake
                                Nvidia Sheild Tv
                                ADT-1 Developer Kit
                                Wetek Core
                                Fire Tv2
                                Beelink GT1
                                Raspberry Pi2
                                Odroid C2
                                Nexbox A5

Comment

Working...
                                X