Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mini M8S II/ Mini MX3 II and Others SCV1A-ATV (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    superceleron How do I add or remove apps from/to the app row without uninstalling them?
    you cant!

Comment

Hello All, do you know if the rom is working on M8S - II (It's not the mini!) ?
      => This one : https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_555824.html

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by poub09 View Post
        Hello All, do you know if the rom is working on M8S - II (It's not the mini!) ?
        => This one : https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_555824.html

Thank you
        your box is based on s905 cpu and this firmware is for s905x cpu.... check under s905 for firmware

Comment

Since I live in Thailand the recommendations on the home screen are all Thai Youtubes.

I'm not Thai so I would prefer to get international youtube recommendations.

Anyone know if that is possible somehow?

I have location turned off by the way

Comment

i have a mini m8s ii, and this rom has bricked my device...

Comment

I want understand I thing about this ROM. Can I change ROOT/UNROOT state by some menu? In this case the UNROOT state pass SafityNet test?
              I need use a app on my M8S ii but this app doen't start on ROOT device so I think to use this rom but only if I can change ROOT/UNROOT by ROM and if it pass SafityNet test.

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post
                I want understand I thing about this ROM. Can I change ROOT/UNROOT state by some menu? In this case the UNROOT state pass SafityNet test?
                I need use a app on my M8S ii but this app doen't start on ROOT device so I think to use this rom but only if I can change ROOT/UNROOT by ROM and if it pass SafityNet test.
                No it wont pass SafetyNet, this rom is a bit old now when i made it the SafetyNet was not so problematic as it is now

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

No it wont pass SafetyNet, this rom is a bit old now when i made it the SafetyNet was not so problematic as it is now
                  Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible set ROOT/UNROOT by menu to try to trick the apps? I don't know if this app check only root or also SafetyNet.

Comment

• superceleron
                    superceleron commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes is possible, is a switch in there for that.. but i dont recommend it if you really need to "fool" safetynet, this way is not the correct way now!

I used this in a Nexbox A695x but remote not working and stuff, now i cannot go back to original firmware, can somebody help me, im kind of new to this

Comment

I don't have use AndroidTV before. A question: Can I install on AndroidTV any apk? Can I install game like Asphalt 8 or Real Racing?

Comment

• superceleron
                      superceleron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes you can install just fine!

I have installed this rom.
                    It works but I have a 2 small problems.

FIRST PROBLEM
                    I extended internal memory with a 16GB SD card. I have configured this SD as internal to use it with app however when I try to install big games (like Alphalt Extreme) I get an error about the lack of memory space. I checked the memory information on settings and it confirme me about 18GB of free internal memory (3GB real internal memory and 15GB of extension).

It seems that the memory extension is not considered.

Before I had installed the "official" rom v115 and I could install this app without any problem.

SECONDO PROBLEM
                    The app TV App Repo doesn't work. After set app I get an message error.

Comment

How to add Bluetooth to this ROM ?

Comment

I have a mini m8s pro s905x ..any options for a firmware update...im stumped..lol...thank you all

Comment

There is a small problem - if you select HOME instead of Setup on the first start, the voice search will not work and the applications will not be updated. Can someone tell me how to hide the ability to skip Setup wizzard?

Comment

Hi Superceleron, firstly thanks for your efforts to date.

Regarding the rom, i have flashed using usb tool, all went well.
                            My box is an MXQ Pro 4K (S905X, Mali, 2GB/16GB)

Everything works that I need for the most part. I mainly use plex, youtube and netflix.

My issue is as follows:
                            The device runs very slow, Eventually i figured why it was running slow, this firware only seems to run the cpu frequency at a max of around 1500mhz and total ram only shows around 840 total available with 640 used).
                            The Disk also showed 11GB if im not mistaken (not too worried about that as most of it free anyway)

I can confirm that both in the stock rom which was android 6 and in librelec kodi my ram was around 1980MB and the frequency was just under 2000mhz

Is there a way I can manually adjust the memory and frequency in a file somewhere to correct?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
                            X