Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have received my box (2/16GB) from Gearbest today and the firmware is (NHG47L 20171024.144704.V0619) and no reset button, is my box safe to flash the Nano variant ROM?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Casterina View Post
      I have received my box (2/16GB) from Gearbest today and the firmware is (NHG47L 20171024.144704.V0619) and no reset button, is my box safe to flash the Nano variant ROM?

Thanks
      Hi, received mine a months ago with same firmware and I flashed the nano and ATV version. Everythings fine for me. I suggested to check the data printed on the chip before flash. Regards

Comment

Hi, installed the nano version and amazon video works fine but with poor definition, I suppose 480p, any idea to solve?

I'm looking suggestion also for gray area on Netflix play

Comment

Hi all,
          I have a M8S Pro+ with the "bad flash" version.
          I can however boot armbian from an MicroSD.
          Is there a way to have this firmware on an SD-card and boot from it without touching the internal emmc firmware?
          I know that the burn card maker will attempt to overwrite the internal storage, that may result in bricking my device.
          The issue was discussed in the past but there was no solution at that time...
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by p0sy View Post
            Hi, installed the nano version and amazon video works fine but with poor definition, I suppose 480p, any idea to solve?

I'm looking suggestion also for gray area on Netflix play
            ---> #184

I fixed it but it removes the notification bar
            I don't mind actually

Comment

what about bluetooth?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                This box doesn't have Bluetooth, and I haven't been able to get it to work with a USB dongle.

What is brand Bluetooth uses ?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by deadrange2001 View Post
                Hi all,
                I have a M8S Pro+ with the "bad flash" version.
                I can however boot armbian from an MicroSD.
                Is there a way to have this firmware on an SD-card and boot from it without touching the internal emmc firmware?
                I know that the burn card maker will attempt to overwrite the internal storage, that may result in bricking my device.
                The issue was discussed in the past but there was no solution at that time...
                Thanks.
                +1
                My vote for an SD card version of Magendanz ATV FW so I can use my Bad Batch Box again

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The I/O speeds on SD are considerably slower than eMMC. I don't know how usable it would be.

Originally posted by abo7oor View Post

What is brand Bluetooth uses ?

thank you
                Pro L boxes have Bluetooth built in

Comment

I am getting black screen and no sign in option when running the Netflix app after fresh installation. I am running the nano version. Any ideas?

PS: it took me a while to find out the terrible mistake I've done during the flashing
                  Last edited by georgebit; 02-17-2018, 19:01.

Comment

The I/O speeds on SD are considerably slower than eMMC. I don't know how usable it would be.
                    More usable than a box that freezes after 30 seconds hopefully

Comment

Hello. First of all let my show my gratitude to Magendanz and all the community for the magnificient work on Mecool M8s Pro+.
                      It is a much better device now that I have it running on Nano Nexus ROM... however I have tried with a PS3 (fake) and a PS4 (original) gamepads, as well as a cheap bluetooth VR joystick through a CSR bluetooth dongle and any of those worked :-(
                      The bluetooth dongle and VR joystick however are usable if a boot from a Libreelec SD card (couldn't try Libreelec and PSx gamepads).
                      So my questions is...
                      has anyone found a gamepad that already works on Nano Nexus ROM and preferably through a bluetooth or RF dongle?
                      Gamesir T1S seems very promising as it provides 3 ways to connect: bluetooth (with the hope that some day there will be some compatible bluetooth dongle), wireless through a proprietary 2.4GHz RF dongle and wired... but hay anyone tried?
                      Thanks in advance!

Comment

the gamepad that works on nano nexus rom is ipega 9076 but my device is minimxiii not mecool m8s

Comment

Ranking forse your great work.
                          I use mainly this box for streaming (especially Amazon and first videos, and little youtube). On my case, this is the only rom that can play all these apps without issue ( exept gray bar in Netflix ).
                          ​​​​​
                          ​​​​

Comment

Guest I use the Nano software on a M8S Pro+, but I notice that the automatic internet time takes a very long time to adjust, usually about 3 minutes.

It is not an internet or network issue, as I can use Google in the mean time. Is there a way around it, or something I should adjust in settings?

I use a wired connection

Comment

Working...
                            X