Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Magendaz,

Would it be possible to build the Nano ROM based on the 2017.08.29 firmware? Maybe this way we could get a fresh experience on this faulty batch?

EDIT: just read through old posts in ATV thread, this is a NO GO, sorry for asking.
    Last edited by bkc2; 10-24-2018, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by ehoser View Post
      I don't know if this this has already been posted somewhere. I got screensaver to work on Nano. I suspect it will be the same for Stock. Under Developer Options there is a setting for Keep Alive while USB charging (second one from the top). Set it to OFF and screensave works. Of course you also have to go into screensaver and set your options there.
      Thanks a lot I was trying to figure why the screensaver was not working and reading your post given me the insight to resolve the problem.

I must add for others here that USB debugging was working here even if the dev mode was not enabled.... very strange, So "in my head" I was pretty sure the dev mode was enabled so at first I did not find the "Developer Options" shortcut... I just enabled the Developer Options clicking 7 times on the version number and from there everything was fine.

Another problem I have related to this is that I use SCRCPY on my computer and it was working even if the Dev mode was not enabled (He should not have worked) but when the prompt that ask if we want to authorize the computer/device forever to connect to the box it did not retain our choice.... It was also because the Dev Mode was not fully enabled that he forget our choice.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
        Easiest way to unroot ?

Sent from my Le X520 using Tapatalk
        Boot with TWRP and select the file manager.

Go in "/system/bin/" and delete "SU" file.

That's it you can now install Magisk
        or leave it alone.

N.B.: Alternatively you can do this with a file manager that have Root access but as soon the file is deleted you lose your Root acess "right now"

Comment

Can I flash this Nano zip file over TV version of this box? I'm just lazy to use PC.

Comment

Guest I have the 12/2017 Nano rom on a recent box.

Playstore doesn't have the Netflix app available, so downloaded it as an APK.

Netflix will freeze after about 15 minutes, but other apps like Cinema HD, Iflix and even IPTV work without issues.

Should I install a particular version of the Netflix app?

Comment

new stock rom available: http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...80806.img/file

I hope someone can test this out and see if there are any noticeable changes, maybe they fixed the auto framerate problem?
              Last edited by spaceship9876; 11-30-2018, 19:52.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post
                new stock rom available: http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...80806.img/file

I hope someone can test this out and see if there are any noticeable changes, maybe they fixed the auto framerate problem?
                Just flashed this new firmware, it has a completely different play store, netflix also now works instead of giving an error message, although it won't update to a newer version as the play store says that the device isn't compatible. Not sure what resolution/bitrate netflix is running at. Can our stock remote controls show that or do we have to plug in a usb keyboard and press one of the function keys?

Comment

Cannot find any info on this firmware M8S_PRO+20180806.img. for the S905X MeCOOL PRO+ box.
                  How did you come to know about it.

Is this meant for the M8S PRO S912?
                  Strange how no one else has made any comments.

Perhaps Guest knows and will tell us

Comment

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post

Cannot find any info on this firmware M8S_PRO+20180806.img. for the S905X MeCOOL PRO+ box.
                  How did you come to know about it.

Is this meant for the M8S PRO S912?
                  Strange how no one else has made any comments.

Perhaps Guest knows and will tell us
                  it was posted on the geekbuying blog a few days ago: http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/11/m...date-20180806/

Comment

it was posted on the geekbuying blog a few days ago: http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/11/m...date-20180806/
                    OK thanks.
                    I might download the SD version and perhaps try it.

Comment

Tried the SD version but it did not work..got an error that it was the wrong version for my device.
                      I cannot try the PC version because I don't have a cable to connect box to computer.

Comment

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post
                        Tried the SD version but it did not work..got an error that it was the wrong version for my device.
                        I cannot try the PC version because I don't have a cable to connect box to computer.
                        Is your box the Mecool M8S Pro Plus? You can buy a cable for very little off eb@y or aliexpress.

Comment

Hello, can I update my box with the Update app? If so which version should I use for OTA or local update? Thanks

Comment

I can't install the New Firmware from TWRP, can you Guest provide us versionin of local update form SD card that can pass through TWRP?

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Try this one: http://freaktab.org/bab6c9124f5b63a0

Same OEM images, but an update script that actually checks the build.prop on the system partition rather than the recovery partition. It will also allow you to downgrade.

I am still getting error 7 and is not letting me go further any Help Guest ?

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I just confirmed, and it's still working fine for me. Any chance you wiped the system partition?
                          Working...
                          X