MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuffno View Post
    I'm aware of all the Netflix problem with this box. But I can't even use Netflix on my phone to cast to this box.
    Is it like that for everyone? When i hit the cast button in Netflix the KM3 box doesn't even show up as an alternative.
    I can cast to KM3 from other apps.
    Yes, it's like that.

If the device isn't Netflix-certified you can't cast to it, even if it's a official Android TV one with Chromecast built-in.

The same applies to my Mecool KM8-ATV.

Comment

Originally posted by tuffno View Post
      I'm aware of all the Netflix problem with this box. But I can't even use Netflix on my phone to cast to this box.
      Is it like that for everyone? When i hit the cast button in Netflix the KM3 box doesn't even show up as an alternative.
      I can cast to KM3 from other apps.
      There's a fix providedfor Netflix with HD somewhere here but need to pair with a mouse to navigate

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

There's a fix providedfor Netflix with HD somewhere here but need to pair with a mouse to navigate
        Sure. The tabletOS version of Netflix. But at that point id rather just use a ChromeCast for Netflix.

Comment

Ok, so if I'm understanding this correctly...

To get netflix 4k via patched 3.2.2 app and yablio apk you can do this (rooted KM9 Pro rom + burnkeytools):
          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...270#post811270

and to change the actual device ID so you can get 4k HDR and not need the patched 3.2.2 and yablio apks, you can do this:
          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...842#post810842

Is that correct?

I'm waiting for my USB A to A cable to arrive from amazon today.

Comment

Is it possible to get ATV 10 stock or custom ROM for KM3 4G/64GB ?..Mecool official site only has OTA version

Comment

Originally posted by cnuttin View Post
              Ok, so if I'm understanding this correctly...

To get netflix 4k via patched 3.2.2 app and yablio apk you can do this (rooted KM9 Pro rom + burnkeytools):
              https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...270#post811270

and to change the actual device ID so you can get 4k HDR and not need the patched 3.2.2 and yablio apks, you can do this:
              https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...842#post810842

Is that correct?

I'm waiting for my USB A to A cable to arrive from amazon today.

Well, I did the first part... flashing the KM9pro rom which went easy and works just fine. But netflix 3.2.2 and yablio don't work, i get an error ui-800-3 in netflix no matter what I do. And burnkeytools says its unsupported.

Comment

ok... I got access to the system partition through the recovery and I am able to edit my build.prop. However, I still can't get netflix to work. Does anyone know exactly what netflix uses to check what hardware you're one? I edited everything that said KM9PRO in build.prop but still no luck. I used the new google chromcast tv device as a template since the hardware is similar. Netflix even shows a google ESN and recognizes it as chromecast in the the diagnostics, but still ui-800-3.

Comment

C
                  ok... I got access to the system partition through the recovery and I am able to edit my build.prop. However, I still can't get netflix to work. Does anyone know exactly what netflix uses to check what hardware you're one? I edited everything that said KM9PRO in build.prop but still no luck. I used the new google chromcast tv device as a template since the hardware is similar. Netflix even shows a google ESN and recognizes it as chromecast in the the diagnostics, but still ui-800-3.

CHECK YOUR LEVEL DRM, SO YO HAVE TO GET "L1" AND THIS IS WORKING ONLY FOR MECOOL KM9 PRO, CLASSIC OR DELUXE.

Comment

I tried copying pretty much everything not chipset related from this Mibox 4 build.prop:

it worked so well that i keep getting notifications about an update (for the mixbox)... but netflix is still not working.

Comment

Originally posted by diegori466 View Post
                      C

CHECK YOUR LEVEL DRM, SO YO HAVE TO GET "L1" AND THIS IS WORKING ONLY FOR MECOOL KM9 PRO, CLASSIC OR DELUXE.

My DRM level is actually L3 and the DRM page is showing as a mibox 4s... I think netflix is checking something that isn't in the build.prop to apply it's ban.

Comment

My DRM level is actually L3 and the DRM page is showing as a mibox 4s... I think netflix is checking something that isn't in the build.prop to apply it's ban.
                        Sorry, but I don't know how you loss your DRM.L1, so that it's impossible use netflix or other streaming apps.

Comment

Originally posted by diegori466 View Post

Sorry, but I don't know how you loss your DRM.L1, so that it's impossible use netflix or other streaming apps.
                          I think its because i unlocked my bootloader... i'm working on locking it with the new build.prop to see what happens, but i'm having trouble at the moment (boot loop after locking it)

Comment

Someone knows what I can do, I can not see prime video or use the chromecast built in, I have come to the conclusion that some certificate has been corrupted, since in google it appears as not certified, any idea how to solve it

Comment

Originally posted by diazjesux View Post
                              Someone knows what I can do, I can not see prime video or use the chromecast built in, I have come to the conclusion that some certificate has been corrupted, since in google it appears as not certified, any idea how to solve it
                              uhmmm..... DId you try factory reset? or Did you check drm info? or DId you reflash the rom???

Comment

I have already restored to factory, I have changed the rom, now I am trying to install magisk without success

Comment

Working...
                                X