Dr.Chads Mecool KM3 port to the Mecool KM9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr.Chads Mecool KM3 port to the Mecool KM9

Dr. Magendanz did it again, saved my Mecool KM9. I received my KM9 about 4 months ago, but it would NOT play Emby OR Plex clients, so it was useless for me. Yesterday, Dr. Magendanz, received his Mecool KM3 (essentially the same as the KM), and extracted the Android TV PIE OS, and created an image file for it. This file gave a whole new life to my KM9. These Mecool Amlogic are very easy to swap firmwares. Here is a video comparing it's capabilities to the Nvidia Shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hon8...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by trebor; 04-28-2019, 22:39.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

(Just for the record, I'm not a doctor....nor have I ever played one on TV. I've been a Lt. Magendanz and Rep. Magendanz, but Dr. Magendanz is my father.)

The Mecool firmware is generally pretty interchangeable as long as they're based on the same Amlogic reference boards...and these two are. While they technically report the KM9 and KM3 as u211 and u212, respectively, I haven't seen any substantive difference. The Android Pie version, however, does seem to have enabled Android Verified Boot (AVB 2.0), so don't be trying to install TWRP on it just yet.

Comment

Duly noted.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

please could you indicate me what are the steps to install the km3 mecool firmware in km9 please

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Just google instructions for installing OEM firmware updates (.img files) using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool. There's nothing special that you need to do, since the boards are so similar. However, the S905X2 is notoriously sensitive to noise on the USB cable, so get a good one (braided with ferrite core) and connect to USB 2.0 port (not USB 3.0).

Originally posted by Javiersba1 View Post
        please could you indicate me what are the steps to install the km3 mecool firmware in km9 please
        Here is the link to the male to male USB cable that I use...

https://www.gearbest.com/cables-conn...ml?wid=1433363

Maybe this video will help.

Get the burning tool from here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-v2-0-8.htmlAndroid TV ROM for this box:http://freaktab.com/f...

Comment

Thanks for shared those info. Is there google voice remote support? Is HDMI CEC working correctly? I can use it instead of voice RC.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
            Thanks for shared those info. Is there google voice remote support? Is HDMI CEC working correctly? I can use it instead of voice RC.

Yes, Google Voice is supported. Not sure about CEC, never use it, but it has settings for it.

Comment

In the most of time i am using my tv RC for box control

Comment

I like the Dr. Chad's much better.

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We can't get sued by the real one just in case

Is there any possibility to get OTA update? My PC can't recognize my box via USB burning tool. I tried two different PCs and two different cables, but without success

Comment

Hi, i flashed this but cant get past the Remote control screen, my KM9 came with the basic none voice remote I tried other remotes also tried the KM8 remote which looks the same but doesnt work other then the volume and power buttons working

anyway to get past the remote control screen ?

Thanks
                  Last edited by uscool; 04-29-2019, 11:52.

Comment

So would it be safe to say just buy the KM3 if budget permits?

Comment

KM3 to KM9 -----> Firmware Download Link???

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post
                        KM3 to KM9 -----> Firmware Download Link???
                        Sorry, I guess I missed the most important item of all, the ** LINK ** to the firmware.

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! freaktab.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf freaktab.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
                          Is there any possibility to get OTA update? My PC can't recognize my box via USB burning tool. I tried two different PCs and two different cables, but without success
                          Perhaps, Magendanz can create one. Are you sure you are using the USB 2 port on your box and NOT the USB 3 port?? Also, I always use a powered USB HUB to connect my box to. Try plugging in the power to your box first, then depress the reset button inside the A/V hole and hold it for about 10 seconds as you plug in your male to male USB cable into the black USB port on your box. Listen for the beep from your computer if your box connects to your computer.

Comment

Working...
                          X