Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X F3 Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box RGB Light 4GB/32GB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ath156

    I am still using the original A95X F3 firmware.
    Over the weekend, I must flashing SLIMBOX on the A95X F3.
    AOSP because I want freedom from launchers, widgets, applications, etc.
    • Can you tell me if it comes with root? Which root?

    I tested One Shade, but like the others it doesn't work 100%, as the notification bar is completely blocked in the A95X F3

    Thank you and have a great day.

    Comment


      Originally posted by webipsum View Post
      ath156

      I am still using the original A95X F3 firmware.
      Over the weekend, I must flashing SLIMBOX on the A95X F3.
      AOSP because I want freedom from launchers, widgets, applications, etc.
      • Can you tell me if it comes with root? Which root?

      I tested One Shade, but like the others it doesn't work 100%, as the notification bar is completely blocked in the A95X F3

      Thank you and have a great day.
      First of all as you could see there were 2 posts to you that were blocked by the spam bot for almost 2 days !!!!!!!
      The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares have a switch to root/unroot the system. If they completely root/unroot your system that's something you have to find yourself (it also depends on the services you are using and their ability to find if you have a rooted system).
      If you used my link for Power Shade than this most probably means you have an ATV like firmware. If such a case the following may not be possible, but you can try it anyway.
      - Download and install Square Home 2 Launcher. If you cannot find it in Playstore use the site I gave you the link for Power Shade. Make it your default launcher.
      - Install Power Shade (if not already installed)
      - In the Square Home launcher press the "+" square and in the "ADD" menu press "Application".In the submenu "Application" choose "Power Shade" and in the "POWER SHADE" menu choose "Open Notifications".

      Now at the launcher press the newlly created square ("Open Notifications") and see if there is any difference.
      You can do all that just for the sake of experiment.

      Comment


        I forgot to tell you to search if there is any update for Power Shade (even if you just installed it). Of course I don't know if you actually have an ATV firmware, if Playstore will inform you of any update for Power Shade.
        I'm not even thinking to add this to my previous post (edit it) as the spam bot is waiting for me !!!!!LOL

        Comment




          Originally posted by ath156 View Post
          ... The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares ...
          When I get home I'll test it and then I'll tell you.

          The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares...
          Slimbox I know.
          Vortex I do not know.

          Enviado de meu SM-A710M usando o Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by webipsum View Post



            When I get home I'll test it and then I'll tell you.

            The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares...
            Slimbox I know.
            Vortex I do not know.

            Enviado de meu SM-A710M usando o Tapatalk
            They are almost the same http://xvtx.ru/tvbox/download.htm

            Comment


              Originally posted by ath156 View Post
              They are almost the same http://xvtx.ru/tvbox/download.htm
              ath156

              Both firmwares have the AOSP> ATV> AOSP patch.
              I intend to install ATV to know and use the patch to switch to AOSP and then use AOSP definitely.
              Or it is better to install AOSP direct. Clean installation. Or does it make a difference?

              What is your opinion? SLIMBOX or VORTEX? :-)

              Thank you!

              Comment


                Originally posted by webipsum View Post

                ath156

                Both firmwares have the AOSP> ATV> AOSP patch.
                I intend to install ATV to know and use the patch to switch to AOSP and then use AOSP definitely.
                Or it is better to install AOSP direct. Clean installation. Or does it make a difference?

                What is your opinion? SLIMBOX or VORTEX? :-)

                Thank you!
                In my H96 max X3 I am using my own custom firmware, but I have tried before both Slimbox & Vortex. They are almost the same and there is a reason for that.
                Slimbox seems to be known to more users, but as I already told you they have so very similar roms with Vortex !!! The roms of Vortex tend to be more "clean" of additional apps and have only the apps that everybody needs and of course the tweaks that also slimbox roms have. I think it's better to try by yourself and decide which suits you most.
                As I always prefer AOSP (for the freedom it gives you to do what you want) I would install AOSP directly.
                Before that could you try the Power Shade as I told you above?
                Thank you and Good Luck.

                Comment


                  ath156

                  I will test the Power Shade as per your suggestion.

                  A question about the Vortex.
                  To flash the firmware: a95xf3_aosp_vtx_v2.3.0.img, is it not just using the USB Burning Tool as I do with the stock firmware?
                  I read the instructions on the Vortex website and was confused.
                  I ask for your guidance.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                    ath156

                    I will test the Power Shade as per your suggestion.

                    A question about the Vortex.
                    To flash the firmware: a95xf3_aosp_vtx_v2.3.0.img, is it not just using the USB Burning Tool as I do with the stock firmware?
                    I read the instructions on the Vortex website and was confused.
                    I ask for your guidance.
                    Just do it the way you already know with USB Burning Tool.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                      ...
                      - Download and install Square Home 2 Launcher. If you cannot find it in Playstore use the site I gave you the link for Power Shade. Make it your default launcher.
                      - Install Power Shade (if not already installed)
                      - In the Square Home launcher press the "+" square and in the "ADD" menu press "Application".In the submenu "Application" choose "Power Shade" and in the "POWER SHADE" menu choose "Open Notifications".
                      Now at the launcher press the newlly created square ("Open Notifications") and see if there is any difference.
                      You can do all that just for the sake of experiment.
                      ath156
                      I did the test.
                      The notification bar implemented in Android 9 from the box is blocked.
                      I took the liberty of sending an MP with the screenshots, as there are several.
                      I will test one of the 2 alternative firmwares (SlimBox ou Vortex), probably tomorrow.
                      Thank you very much for your help!
                      Note: I didn't know Home Square. Liked it!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                        ath156
                        I did the test.
                        The notification bar implemented in Android 9 from the box is blocked.
                        I took the liberty of sending an MP with the screenshots, as there are several.
                        I will test one of the 2 alternative firmwares (SlimBox ou Vortex), probably tomorrow.
                        Thank you very much for your help!
                        Note: I didn't know Home Square. Liked it!
                        Thank you for your detailed test and screenshots. I also send you an MP with something last to try if you would like.
                        As far as Square Home 2 is concerned this is the launcher I use in every box I have. You can arrange it in any way you like (please take a look at the screenshots I have from my rom https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...amlogic-s905x3). One of the most usefull features of it is if you allow it to inform you with even "aggresive animations" whenever an app has a notification (e.g. if you have a mail in Gmail it starts the animation and also stating from where is the mail etc).

                        Comment


                          ath156

                          I edited the build.prop. It worked.
                          Now I can view notifications in One Shade and I can action them.
                          The original notification bar is still there ... I can see the notifications, but they are blocked. It does not allow any action.
                          It would be nice if I didn't need an additional app for that.
                          About Home Square Launcher, I'll comment later.
                          I am testing the SMART launcher.
                          With regard to widgets, the Home Square Launcher, allowed to install all widgets and configure them.
                          The SMART Launcher allows the installation of widgets, but I cannot configure them.
                          It must be missing some permission or it is a bug of the launcher.
                          Thank you very, very much!

                          Comment


                            ath156

                            Alternative firmware for the A95X F3: SLIMBOX and VORTEX.
                            What is the root manager? Do you know?

                            Please:

                            USB Burning Tool.

                            I leave the configuration options checked:

                            Configuration
                            [x] Flash Erase
                            Normal erase
                            [x] Erase bootloader

                            And the others I leave unchecked?

                            Tks.
                            Last edited by webipsum; 09-18-2020, 07:19.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                              ath156

                              Alternative firmware for the A95X F3: SLIMBOX and VORTEX.
                              What is the root manager? Do you know?

                              Please:

                              USB Burning Tool.

                              I leave the configuration options checked:

                              Configuration
                              [x] Flash Erase
                              Normal erase
                              [x] Erase bootloader

                              And the others I leave unchecked?

                              Tks.
                              I think both have SuperSU.
                              Yes the usual options of UBT (only for "encrypted" firmwares like X88 pro there must be another procedure- I don't know but I don't think yours is encrypted?)

                              Comment


                                ath156

                                With your special help, I inform you that my A95X F3 (with stock firmware) is 100% working and I am immensely grateful to you.

                                Now I will start to configure the launcher you suggested (SQUARE Home Launcher). What I'm using (SMAT Launcher) depends a lot on the mouse and what you suggested facilitates the use of the other buttons on the remote control.

                                As you know I tested VORTEX and SLIMBOX, but I left them aside for now, as I am setting up two A95X F3s to give my children gifts and as soon as MY A95X F3 arrives, I will test the two alternative firmwares more deeply.

                                Is the firmware you developed (and posted here) compatible with the A95X F3?

                                Have a great day!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X