Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Please continue your dispute in the gearbest support sections,
    Thank You.
    Hello Trebor,

Thanks I will.

Can I ask you, during your test if you had issue with you mouse, trolling or getting stuck ?

I have crashing issue with some app, dolphin, chrome, gmail.. but supringly no issue with video player.

With your experience, do you have any idea where that come from, or can it be fix by software update ?

Best regards

Comment

Most likely will come via update in time 😁
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by syd28 View Post

Hello Trebor,

Thanks I will.

Can I ask you, during your test if you had issue with you mouse, trolling or getting stuck ?

I have crashing issue with some app, dolphin, chrome, gmail.. but supringly no issue with video player.

With your experience, do you have any idea where that come from, or can it be fix by software update ?

Best regards
        You can discuss problems/fix, in any of my threads, we do try to help
        BUT
        I have noticed of late, most of the time in other threads it ends up being a Reseller whinge session.
        If your want the Vendor to notice/assist there is vendors thread and its the best place to post to get their attention/assistance

Let them Know the problem they can get in touch with maker and it goes from there.
        And that can take time so Patience is required

To the Problems at hand:

It does run Hotter than other than other units I have tested but not to a point of causing it to meltdown.
        Turn it over it will run cooler.

I use a Logitech K400 keyboard/mouse no problems seen here

No crashes as you mention I use Chrome.
        There will be a new firmware soon, but that will depend of the quality of the problems mentioned.
        Cheers

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A quick cooling fix that may help some
          Small Piece of thermal Pad 20 x 20 mm 3~4mm thick.
          Place in the middle of base plate it will help

Click image for larger version

Name:	pad.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	599393
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I bought one of these boxes last week and grabbed a couple of extra for my mates. Occasionally when watching a movie on kodi I get a flashing green screen. Only a very split second. My mate has the same issue. Is this a fault or a signal issue? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Knowing this Box it's likely a heating issue. Well my replacement Box has arrived at Customs yesterday (according to DHL Tracking). So if this one manages to last longer then 15 Minutes without roasting itself... I'll start considering ways to mod it. e.g. Fans, Articsilver5, and Thermal Pads. Which I actually have tucked away in a cupboard. Hopefully that'll let it last long enough to make it useful. ​​​​​

Comment

Yes it run warm but does not Melt
                The small pad helps underneath as the base is metal
                Turn it upside down or sit it on a laptop cooler, lots of options to think about.

But they could Vent this boxes better than they do.
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

So are you saying the green flashing on the screen is definitely down to heat?

Comment

I have read about this green flash in the GT1 thread
                    I am using a monitor and don't see it, i will switch to a TV later and check it out.
                    Dare say it will be some software thing but all just speculation at the present.
                    Maybe an update soon as the all return to work, have you tried different ports on the TV, different setting 60/24hz different resolution etc.
                    Turn HRD off, HDMI adaption off, Manually force the tv to a resolution (not auto) turn CEC off if enable, lots of stuff to check.

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ok. I will try a few things. I will monitor this thread for any possible solution. Thanks

Comment

I only have analog multimeter. Getting what looks like 3.3 volts off of pins for led's.
                        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hi guys,

I got the KB2 last week, I started to enjoy it. I found it very good.
                          last week I used it also with bluetooth, then I update the firmware to the last availabel released by the manufactorer (20161007 version) and the bluetooth stopped to work.

have you updated the tv box? is your kb2 working for bluetooth? also after the update?

please let me know what do you think

thanks

Tom

Comment

Dear Trebor,

thanks for the reply. the firmware I installed is most recent 07 OCT 2016.

I do not have it because it was updateb by itself.

do you have the newer one on your KB2? is it working?

ps where do you find the list of firmware for KB2?

please let me know

thanks

Tom

Comment

There was new firmware release for the BB2 Mecool much the same but 2/16 with that date you mention
                              This is the latest for the Yoka KB2 2/32GB so far.

Yes installed and working.
                              Kodi a bit sus with addons/stuff but easy to uninstall a fresh one of your liking.

treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X