• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi twedie

i use shielded usb 2.0 cable and i made one my self and test this with
    the Firmware link you gave.
    and same result as all others @ 7% during Format a time out

is there other software i can use to flash the firmware like Odin or somthing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Salamons View Post
      Hi twedie

i use shielded usb 2.0 cable and i made one my self and test this with
      the Firmware link you gave.
      and same result as all others @ 7% during Format a time out

is there other software i can use to flash the firmware like Odin or somthing ?
      @Salamons..maybe that it's the problem: homemade cable.
      I have the same problem, i bricked my box using SD Card for flashing. Yesterday I buy a new USB 2.0 A-A cable, and everything after that are flawless.
      I use step by step the method from this topic. Try to change USB port.

I have AlfaWise H96 PRO+ DDR3 3/32gb.

Comment

adytzu

i did also buy one and thats the usb 2.0 shielded one
        ik made one myself to see if the outcome was the same and that it is
        and i already used different computers and laptop also the same result

Comment

Salamons, I had issues flashing my tv box also. If it doesn't make the connect or disconnect sound when plugging it in, you may have to short the 7th and 8th leg on the left side of the chip. I actually had to do that four or five times while holding the reset button. I also held the reset button the whole time it was flashing.

Comment

adytzu I have a homemade cable and it works perfectly.

Comment

Dweezle.
              I'm facing the same problem, could you post a photo where pins 7 and 8 are found?
              Thanks!

Comment

SD cart Update than screen start to run grey line left to richt fast (No bleu light from the box ) its stop at 10 % at the end screen go black and box switch off also no light at the back by the optical port so Help what can i do more i am stuck here

Comment

Hi guys, finally I could repair the brick of my TVBox following your advice the problem was the USB cable that has to be like the one we used for data, so I built one that had at home with their respective splices and Windows 10, I detect perfectly, I already have another TVBox new thanks to the advice of this chat. Thank you, thank you.

Comment

Hello, I leave you a capture of the Usb cable that I made of two that I used to charge the mobile and it has served me to revive my TVBox.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

So I found myself in the same boat as several others in this thread: With a H96 Pro+ 3/32 that wouldn't respond in any real way.

My problem started when trying to upgrade the firmware to 7.1 using a SD card. It seemed to start just fine, but the colours on the upgrade screen were wrong. With green being a light gray. Upgrading seemed to work, but the device would no longer boot. So I tried again and, I think, left the erase bootloader checkbox checked. The device would no longer respond in any way. No picture, no blue LED, just some red light bleeding through around the SPDIF port when power was supplied. It wouldn't flash itself. Basically a brick.

Then I found this thread. Switched to the USB Burning Tool on a Windows 7 box and tried some USB cables. I couldn't get the computer to recognise the device over USB. Eventually I realised that the cables were meant for USB hard drives and had an extra type A male connector for additional power, not for data. Got out my wire strippers and the soldering iron and made a new, totally ghetto, cable. Used the new cable to hook up the H96 Pro+ to the laptop and heard the familiar USB connection sound from Windows. Hooray!

I've just flashed an image and will give it a go, but I'm sure I can make everything work from here.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Comment

Good to see you got the box flashed...which firmware did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Flash125 View Post
                          aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20170422

Comment

I used aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_912_mac-20170602 that I found here:

it runs well either ddr3 or ddr4 (I have 1 of each and both work fine with this firmware)

Comment

Originally posted by Flash125 View Post
                              I used aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20170422. Strangely, it reports itself as running Android 6.0.1. Everything mostly works, but it crashes once and a while. I'll try the 20170602 version that Flash125 linked to above.

Comment

Originally posted by Rural View Post

I used aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20170422. Strangely, it reports itself as running Android 6.0.1. Everything mostly works, but it crashes once and a while. I'll try the 20170602 version that Flash125 linked to above.
                                I used the one I mentioned and it appears on TVBox as Android 7.1

Comment

Working...
                                X