Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my own Tanix TX92 3x32.
    The first thing that caught my eye was a very weak WiFi. The rest is still normal.
    Disassembled - the board TX-92A (like in Vorke z6).​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	685829 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	685835 ​​​​​​​
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by AgentSlash; 11-15-2017, 14:41.

Comment

I'm' getting 78-celsius temperature and when I'm trying to play some video files from my Canon 70D camera its so laggy, anyone has this problem also?

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post
        I'm' getting 78-celsius temperature and when I'm trying to play some video files from my Canon 70D camera its so laggy, anyone has this problem also?
        I think everyone has that problem, same problem with the Vorke Z6.

I think the cause is the Android 7.1 firmware, as i lately have had several boxes of all kinds with A7.1, and they all ran around 80°C.

As soon as a A6 firmware got installed on the box the temperature went down significantly.

For the Tanix or Vorke there is no A6 firmware as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

I think everyone has that problem, same problem with the Vorke Z6.

I think the cause is the Android 7.1 firmware, as i lately have had several boxes of all kinds with A7.1, and they all ran around 80°C.

As soon as a A6 firmware got installed on the box the temperature went down significantly.

For the Tanix or Vorke there is no A6 firmware as far as I'm aware.
          Thanks a lot for your important inputs, I canceled yesterday my Vorke 6 order.

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77
            I have 20 degrees difference during playback between Kodi and Terrarium.
            During Terrarium I have 50-55 degrees and with Kodi 70-75.

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
              I have 20 degrees difference during playback between Kodi and Terrarium.
              During Terrarium I have 50-55 degrees and with Kodi 70-75.

try FTMC http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...jarvis-16-2-31

Comment

Ok.I just made a breakthrough.
                The culprit for the 70-80 degrees is NOT Kodi.
                It was Chrome running in the background and probably some mining site.

I discovered it, after I closed Chrome from running in the background. Then I was watching a 1080p tv series at Kodi and the temperature never passed 65 degrees.
                Still it's not so low as in TERRARIUM, but anyway it's better than before.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSlash
                  Got my own Tanix TX92 3x32.
                  The first thing that caught my eye was a very weak WiFi. The rest is still normal.
                  Disassembled - the board TX-92A (like in Vorke z6).​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	685829 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	685835 ​​​​​​​
                  So 8223 wifi instead of the state 9377....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok.I just made a breakthrough.
                    The culprit for the 70-80 degrees is NOT Kodi.
                    It was Chrome running in the background and probably some mining site.

I discovered it, after I closed Chrome from running in the background. Then I was watching a 1080p tv series at Kodi and the temperature never passed 65 degrees.
                    Still it's not so low as in TERRARIUM, but anyway it's better than before.

False positive.

With Chrome disabled the box runs in fact as hot as without.

A heat test should run a bit longer than 10 minutes, try 1 hour or so.

Comment

Can we install fan to this tv box? Maybe it will help?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales

False positive.

With Chrome disabled the box runs in fact as hot as without.

A heat test should run a bit longer than 10 minutes, try 1 hour or so.
                        False positive maybe for your box.

You can't disregard my finding ok buddy?
                        This is what happened in my case.

Maybe for your device there is another issue.
                        I am just pointing out a possible cause.

And you make assumptions with no reason. Who told you that I tried it for 10 minutes?
                        I let a whole 45 minutes episode run and the temp reached only 65 degrees.
                        Before it was hitting even 80 degrees in 10-20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77
                          Can we install fan to this tv box? Maybe it will help?
                          Sure you can.
                          Any usb fan should be ok.
                          If you can accept the noise.

For me its a no go, as I prefer a silent environment while watching movies/series and after all the temperature doesn't create me any big problems.

Comment

False positive maybe for your box.

You can't disregard my finding ok buddy?
                            This is what happened in my case.

Maybe for your device there is another issue.
                            I am just pointing out a possible cause.

And you make assumptions with no reason. Who told you that I tried it for 10 minutes?
                            I let a whole 45 minutes episode run and the temp reached only 65 degrees.
                            Before it was hitting even 80 degrees in 10-20 minutes.

So you assume that your firmware is different from the firmware on all the other boxes LOL

Have a read here.

By the way, 80°C for the S912 is no problem, as it can run over 100°C before getting critical.

Minix manufacturer has said that their boxes may run up to 86°C under normal usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales

So you assume that your firmware is different from the firmware on all the other boxes LOL

Have a read here.

By the way, 80�C for the S912 is no problem, as it can run over 100�C before getting critical.

Minix manufacturer has said that their boxes may run up to 86�C under normal usage.
                              I just dont like your attitude and making assumptions that I am writing lies or something.
                              We are all here to exchange opinions and help each other.

Personally I don't enjoy insults from smartasses.

Finally I don't care what your problem is and I didn't write anything about different firmwares etc.

Maybe my post will help someone else. If it's not useful for you, just ignore it.
                              Ok buddy?

Comment

I just dont like your attitude and making assumptions that I am writing lies or something.
                                We are all here to exchange opinions and help each other.

Personally I don't enjoy insults from smartasses.

Finally I don't care what your problem is and I didn't write anything about different firmwares etc.

Maybe my post will help someone else. If it's not useful for you, just ignore it.
                                Ok buddy?

I'm not gonna create a piss contest here, but as you say we are here to help each other, not for posting assumptions and false hope.

You have made quite a few already, like suggesting to insert an optical cable into the 3.5mm av socket, and that you can't get 5.1 sound over a AV cable.

It is a known issue that Kodi creates heat because the CPU load is too high, as shown by the link to the official Kodi forum, and not because Chrome is running in the background.

But good to know that your issue was dissolved by disabling chrome. Only anyone with an average IQ would know that if that was the cause, it would solve the issue on each and every one of these boxes, which is clearly not the case since I have 10 of these boxes and it solves nada.

Comment

Working...
                                X