Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt81 View Post
    Hi, Just ordered one of these boxes to try this firmware on. Can I just use the OTA update version on a USB stick or do I have to use the Burningtoll version for 1st time? Many thanks!
    You can use either/or depending on what you prefer.also depending on what version of ram/memory you have ordered and if it has widevine L1 or l3 you may have other firmware options if you want android TV or regular android.make sure you have access to a copy of your stock firmware before making any changes!

Comment

I'm stuck on boot animations when trying to go in to recovery mode. any fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghocog View Post
        I'm stuck on boot animations when trying to go in to recovery mode. any fix?
        Rashr from Playmarket!

Comment

I have that.. twrp 3.0.2.0 was working until I flashed twrp 3.0.2.1 now every time I try to go in to recovery I get stuck on the nexus boot logo

Comment

I have that.. twrp 3.0.2.0 was working until I flashed twrp 3.0.2.1 now every time I try to go in to recovery I get stuck on the nexus boot logo
            Then reflash TWRP 3.0.2.0 back!

Comment

Ok I'm gonna try that thanks

Comment

why all that?

Magendanz last firmware has TWRP 3.2.3-0 included!
                why do you ask here if you use a different firmware

Comment

Ok I'm gonna try that thanks
                  Rename the desired twrp.img to recovery.img and in Rashr select Recovery from Storage.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180929-154055.png
Views:	259
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	746762

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

You can use either/or depending on what you prefer.also depending on what version of ram/memory you have ordered and if it has widevine L1 or l3 you may have other firmware options if you want android TV or regular android.make sure you have access to a copy of your stock firmware before making any changes!
                    I have 20170801.150811.V0321) installed but when trying to update 20180412.194117.V0213 it won't let me kept saying errors when trying to flash..

Comment

Ghocog

take "BURN PACKAGE" and flash it with USB Burning Tool.

Comment

I have 20170801.150811.V0321) installed but when trying to update 20180412.194117.V0213 it won't let me kept saying errors when trying to flash..
                        Updates are made through TWRP. If you can't enter in TWRP, you can't make any.

Comment

Do anyone know where to get the original firmware that came with the m8s pro tv box

Comment

My understanding is twrp does not come installed with stock firmware and updates are done using the update app provided.however since it is not working for you for some reason then yes you can use burning tool to install newer version.if you do you will have to reinstall any apps you have added to existing firmware.

Comment

Hi there,

Does anyone have problems rebooting the device (only on the latest firmware, which is 20180830)? If I turn it off and then back on, then everything is fine.
                              If I reboot the device (long press the power button on the remote and choose reboot), then the box starts rebooting but gets stuck on those funny animated circles, which then should turn into the "ANDROID" letters, but they just won't. The animation stays forever until I pull the cord.
                              On 20180310, I didn't have anything like that.
                              Last edited by Dmitry_N; 10-15-2018, 14:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X