Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lepa71 View Post
    Will this work on Edal m8s pro 3gb ram and 16 gb storage? It has same specs as mecool S912 cpu. Thanks
    Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post
    If you hàve in mind the TV Stock Nexus ROM - yes it should run on this box.
    Hoping someone can help as I'm new to theses boxes and didn't realised mine isn't Mecool brand. Which is the best ROM for me? Is this ROM still supported/updated? Is it basically like Android TV?

And I really have no idea how to install, could someone give a step by step, including which link to download? I'm assuming I have to do it from within the box's browser? Or do I just download USB Burning Tool v2.0.8 onto my PC and connect it to the box via USB? What's a 'data wipe'?

I have an (unbranded??) m8s pro 3gb ram and 16 gb storage: OS: Android 7.1, support OTA update
    CPU: Amlogic S912 64 bit Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz
    GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)
    SDRAM: 3GB DDR4
    FLASH: 16GB EMMC Flash
    Expanded Storage: Supports TF Card up to 32GB
    WiFi: Built-in 2.4G / 5G WiFi, Support IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
    LAN Ethernet: 10M/100M RGMII
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1+HS
    HDR: HDR 10 and HLG HDR
    High Definition Video Output: 4K (4096*2160pixel)

Bullet Point:
    OS: Android 7.1, offering thousands of Android applications, brings you much fun & convenience.
    Language: Chinese, English, Germany, Japanese, Korea, etc.24 languages.
    High speed USB 2.0, support U DISK and USB HDD.
    Network function: Miracast, Airplay, Youtube, Facebook, Online movies,etc.
    Video decorder: H.265 4K @60fps 10btis, VP9 Profile 2, H.264 4K @30fps, AVS+ 1080P @60fps.
    Video encorder: H.264 1080P@60fps.
    Decoder format: HD MPEG1/2/4, H.265/HEVC, HD AVC/VC-1, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6, RealVideo8/9/10.
    Media format: Avi, Rm, Rmvb, Ts, Vob, Mkv, Mov, ISO, wmv, asf, flv, dat, mpg, mpeg.
    Audio Supported: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG, DDP, TrueHD, HD, FLAC, APE.
    Photo format: HD JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF.
    Last edited by supashaka; 08-14-2018, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by supashaka View Post
      ​​​​​
      Try to make an OTA Udate by your preference.
      http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=71320092

Comment

You're saying I should do a OTA instead of using the burn package? So I would download the file onto PC and what next? Hope you can explain how. Isn't the link exactly the same as the 1 in this thread?

Comment

You're saying I should do a OTA instead of using the burn package? So I would download the file onto PC and what next? Hope you can explain how. Isn't the link exactly the same as the 1 in this thread?
          That's the point. If your box is the same as Mecool, the OTA Update will be successful. So make a backup and try.
          Copy the preferred zip on a flash drive and make the update (even by the apk Update, choosing local update, or by the TWRP, choosing install from zip).
          ​​​​​​

Comment

That's the point. If your box is the same as Mecool, the OTA Update will be successful. So make a backup and try.
            Copy the preferred zip on a flash drive and make the update (even by the apk Update, choosing local update, or by the TWRP, choosing install from zip).
            ​​​​​​
            Ok will try thanks, when I booted up it did say Mecool even though the seller said it is unbranded, and it also says mecool on the bottom. I just got the box today, the pre-installed kodi (tv centre) wouldn't actually find any links, only iplayer would, and it was really jerky streaming with buffering. So I'm going to try the OTA update of your linked ROM (instead of via the burning tool).

Why do I have to make a backup (given that I just got it so don't have any data to save), and how do I do it? If something goes wrong can't I just click on factory reset to revert to stock?

Comment

Why do I have to make a backup (given that I just got it so don't have any data to save), and how do I do it? If something goes wrong can't I just click on factory reset to revert to stock?
              No, you will not return anymore to stock. The factory reset don't work in this manner. It removes all your custom apps on the furmware that is installed on your box!

Comment

No, you will not return anymore to stock. The factory reset don't work in this manner. It removes all your custom apps on the furmware that is installed on your box!
                Oh!! So are you saying it would be bricked?? How exactly do I make a backup?

Comment

Oh!! So are you saying it would be bricked?? How exactly do I make a backup?
                  No, you can't revert to stock.
                  You must make a backup by the TWRP.

Comment

Install AIDA64 from the market, run it and step on Android. Make a photo of the screen like this, to see what is your stock firmware. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180816-010053.png
Views:	343
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	740347

Comment

I have a question about the home menu.

Why are the installed apps not among themselves? And why i dont have a power button next to app drawer like in the pictures?? is there a way to change the background?

please for answers
                      thanks
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

No, you can't revert to stock.
                        You must make a backup by the TWRP.
                        Do I need a TWRP specific version for m8S pro? where should I download from? I'm assuming I have to sideload it?

Comment

Are those the latest? Is it ok that those are for "Pro L"?
                          Also. How do I know if I have ddr3 or ddr4?

Comment

Are those the latest? Is it ok that those are for "Pro L"?
                            Also. How do I know if I have ddr3 or ddr4?
                            Read in this forum previous pages, please!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180815_215737.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	740390Click image for larger version

Name:	20180815_213911.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	740391Click image for larger version

Name:	20180815_215744.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	740392

Read in this forum previous pages, please!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180815_213859.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	740393
                              Thanks but I read all of it. I bought my unit from **** and I don't realy know if it is ddr3 or ddr4. It is a 3gb/16gb pro. It's from edal company but the boot screen says mecool during booting.
                              Last edited by lepa71; 08-16-2018, 04:40.

Comment

Thanks but I read all of it. I bought my unit from **** and I don't realy know if it is ddr3 or ddr4. It is a 3gb/16gb pro. It's from edal company but the boot screen says mecool during booting.

Comment

Working...
                                X