Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post

Don't install it. Place it in the form of recovery.img on the root of a flash drive or a SD card and reboot in recovery (for Ugoos you must unplug and plug in again, holding pressed the reset button).
    not having much success for some reason.i have two mecool m8s pro boxes.one with reset button one without.so i will try to get ugoos am3 2.1.3 on the box that has reset button first.can you help me to find where i am going wrong.can you give me a link to the 2.0.6 firmware that must be installed on the box first.does this firmware have twrp recovery already installed?if yes can you send link again for the twrp recovery from backup that will upgrade to am3 2.1.3.this is to make sure im using right firmware to get latest am3 rom on my mecool m8s pro.if i get that done ok i will try to get it installed on the one without the reset button that has widevine l1 support.each box presents different challenges.thank you in advance as you have been very supportive for me previously.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

not having much success for some reason.i have two mecool m8s pro boxes.one with reset button one without.so i will try to get ugoos am3 2.1.3 on the box that has reset button first.can you help me to find where i am going wrong.can you give me a link to the 2.0.6 firmware that must be installed on the box first.does this firmware have twrp recovery already installed?if yes can you send link again for the twrp recovery from backup that will upgrade to am3 2.1.3.this is to make sure im using right firmware to get latest am3 rom on my mecool m8s pro.if i get that done ok i will try to get it installed on the one without the reset button that has widevine l1 support.each box presents different challenges.thank you in advance as you have been very supportive for me previously.
      1. See my post on page 39. The links still work. TWRP is not installed.
      I will send you a suitable TWRP. You can easy make your own "reset button" with wires, or by short pinning .
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Reset.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	736103
      Last edited by lyubodelev; 07-17-2018, 20:37.

Comment

By the way, I brush my Mecool without pressing the reset button. Pressing START on USB BT brings an error, than I unplug and than again plug the USB cable into the box and it is brushed successfully. Here is the TWRP that I use:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/aybm0ssx01...2.1-0.img?dl=0
        Last edited by lyubodelev; 07-17-2018, 20:38.

Comment

By the way, I brush my Mecool without pressing the reset button. Pressing START on USB BT brings an error, than I unplug and than again plug the USB cable into the box and it is brushed successfully. Here is the TWRP that I use:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/aybm0ssx01...2.1-0.img?dl=0
          success!!!thank you so much for your support.just need lan patch and all is good.got it on pen drive somewhere.lol.i take it i do not use ota update with this rom?

Comment

success!!!thank you so much for your support.just need lan patch and all is good.got it on pen drive somewhere.lol.i take it i do not use ota update with this rom?
            Chinese made "poison" defense - the result is "black screen". So disable automatic search for update...

Comment

Chinese made "poison" defense - the result is "black screen". So disable automatic search for update...
              Thought as much.very grateful for your help and letting me know about the latest update.

Comment

just to let you know.i did a twrp backup of am3 2.1.3 on my mecool m8s pro with reset pin and restored onto my mecool m8s pro without reset pin.worked a treat!

Comment

Hello
                  The wifi doesn't work and i don't find any issue. Could you help me please

Comment

Originally posted by caribou90 View Post
                    Hello
                    The wifi doesn't work and i don't find any issue. Could you help me please
                    Need more info.what box.what version.what rom.what wi-fi chip.would be helpful.

Comment

just to let you know.i did a twrp backup of am3 2.1.3 on my mecool m8s pro with reset pin and restored onto my mecool m8s pro without reset pin.worked a treat!
                      I don't know how you succeeded doing so, I found a working software for this! Thank you!

Comment

Need more info.what box.what version.what rom.what wi-fi chip.would be helpful.
                        Its a ms8 pro L s912 (version voiceless remote). Rom magendanz. for the Wifi Chip i dont know
                        Last edited by caribou90; 07-23-2018, 23:59.

Comment

Originally posted by caribou90 View Post

Its a ms8 pro L s912. Rom magendanz. Chip.would wifi i dont know
                          If it's a new box and has LB on sticker on the back of the box Magendanz rom is not compatible.you won't get wi-fi and Bluetooth to work.

Comment

I don't know how you succeeded doing so, I found a working software for this! Thank you!
                            Your welcome.glad to return favour for your help.

Comment

It turned out, that there are small differences in the DTB between 2.0.6 and 2.1.3 with no effect on lan speed, but to be correct the lan patch for 2.1.3 is different from that for 2.0.6. That's why I replaced it on 4PDA.ru. If you can't download it, I will send it to you.
                              New version 2.1.4 appeared...
                              Last edited by lyubodelev; 07-23-2018, 20:11.

Comment

It turned out, that there are small differences in the DTB between 2.0.6 and 2.1.3 with no effect on lan speed, but to be correct the lan patch for 2.1.3 is different from that for 2.0.6. That's why I replaced it on 4PDA.ru. If you can't download it, I will send it to you.
                                New version 2.1.4 appeared...
                                Can you give me link to new lan patch.whats added in 2.1.4?cant download from 4pda.ru.thanks.
                                Last edited by supermal; 07-24-2018, 11:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X