Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FenriX89 View Post
    Apparently I have the opposite problem, more or less... Youtube works with chromecast built in, like morpheus TV and other stuff... obviously google home doesn't work, but chrome browser doesn't work as well.
    For now i found AirScreen to make it work, even if you don't pay it, with some annoying ads, provides basic functionality... How did you make it work from chromecast built in to crome browser?
    +1

Comment

Hi Team,

So 2 days ago Netflix crapped out on this ROM. I keep getting a 5.7 error. I've reinstalled it and tried other builds but no luck. I have to run an older version of Netflix and its the mobile version, not the Android TV version. Very frustrating as the android tv version is better by far. Any ideas what's going on? Any suggestions for a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by san_ic View Post
        sorry, did not understand. I have my m8s connected to my laptop usb to usb. what next?
        1. Download the Stock image for your model M8S Pro L to a Windows PC (Google it)
        2. Download and install the USB Burning Tool on your PC.
        3. Run the USB Burning Tool on the PC - Select the Language from the middle tab.
        4. Do NOT power up the M8S media box, but rather plug a USB-A to USB-A cable from the M8S Pro L to the PC
        5. Quickly press the Menu button on the Media Box's remote (3 bars button). Keep pressing until you see that there is a connection between the M8S and the USB Burning Tool under Device ID.
        6. In the USB Burning Tool go to File >> Import image ... then press Start and wait until it is finished.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks very much for this great rom I just installed !!

I now would like to use TWRP Manager, however once launched it did not detect any TWRP version. How come ?
          Besides How can I access TWRP on the box ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by corleone13000 View Post
            Hello,

Thanks very much for this great rom I just installed !!

I now would like to use TWRP Manager, however once launched it did not detect any TWRP version. How come ?
            Besides How can I access TWRP on the box ?

Thanks in advance
            restart the box and push how many time the 3 lines button (IR mode)
            Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Hi fgetkate
              About
              Did u sort your Netflix error? Is anybody else having problems running Netflix with this build? I having problem accessing Netflix, now getting error (-100) Anybody any Idea how to help sort this problem please?

Comment

Originally posted by kobra2 View Post
                Hi fgetkate
                About
                Did u sort your Netflix error? Is anybody else having problems running Netflix with this build? I having problem accessing Netflix, now getting error (-100) Anybody any Idea how to help sort this problem please?
                google have banned the widevine L1 ID from mecool. how many app used this DRM are blocked. you can use the smartphone netflix app and with magisk + module "liboemcrypto. so disabler" but SD quality or/and magiskhide prop config module with mibox3 buil.prop info

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

google have banned the widevine L1 ID from mecool. how many app used this DRM are blocked. you can use the smartphone netflix app and with magisk + module "liboemcrypto. so disabler" but SD quality or/and magiskhide prop config module with mibox3 buil.prop info
                  Hi Snakx, thanks for that information. I want to watch Netflix in 1080p at least, I have only just purchased this Mecool m8s pro lb box from Amazon & its still in the return window, so I could return it for a refund? Or do you expect there will be a patch for this problem anytime soon? Or any other workarounds?

Comment

Hi Snakx, thanks for that information. I want to watch Netflix in 1080p at least, I have only just purchased this Mecool m8s pro lb box from Amazon & its still in the return window, so I could return it for a refund? Or do you expect there will be a patch for this problem anytime soon? Or any other workarounds?
                    No 1080p i'm afraid unless someone more clever than me develops a workaround.

Comment

You won't ever get any 1080p Netflix.
                      If you want that, get a Jetstream 4K, Xiaomi Mi box or tv with built-in Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

If you want that, get a Jetstream 4K, Xiaomi Mi box or tv with built-in Netflix.
                        mo123, any thoughts on the Fire TV Stick 4K?

Comment

For Netflix max r?solution is 960x540 .
                          Take other box mi box S , NVIDIA Shield...

Envoy? de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

...or a ROKU Streaming Stick +. I use Getflix SmartDNS settings in my router, and get 4K UHD out of the US database ... but of course you must pay the higher Netflix monthly price to get the best video display, and need a 4K UHD HDR+ television. Or you can just buy such as a Samsung Q7 or later TV or a LG C8 OLED, and they allow you to run Netflix from their own firmware.

Comment

Think best you return it and get proper netflix certified box

Comment

hi guys, do you know how to unlock the MyCanal app. not working since google blocked the widevine L1 ID from mecool

or at least to enable the cast system with the mecool

thx !

Comment

Working...
                                X