Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad V.0.0.8 ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Update: [ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad V.0.0.9 ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Dear friends, I present to your attention my new hybrid for ATV lovers.
    Many thks to UGOOS for sending me the device to play.

Based on stock firmware Ugoos AM6_0.0.9

Why a hybrid? Anyone familiar with my ATV in past boxes knows, that I'm trying to combine both camps of amateur / opponents of AndroidTV. This is another step towards the perfect firmware, which AOSP supporters will also like:

1. All the benefits and convenience of the AndroidTV interface for Remote Control are present.
    2. For those who like to work with a mouse, there is a Status and a Navigation bars, imperceptible for those who love the Remote, not the mouse.
    3. You can also use the browser. An alternative TV-Market is installed in addition to the reduced ATV Market.

To increase the speed of work, and also taking into account only 2Gb of memory, I deleted everything that can be done without.

Changelog v.0.0.8:
    • built-in modified for Ugoos AM6 TWRP recovery 3.2.3-1.

Changelog v.0.0.9:
    1. Fixed device reboot when playing iptv
    2. Reworked CEC settings
    3. CEC. Added tv volume control settings
    4. Added hibernation function (Device Preferences -> Screen saver -> Power key action)

in 3 minutes after entering this Recovery box will reboot. This is triggered protection firmware from the manufacturer.

Added the following applications:
    • Opengapps Atv (at the very minimum)
    • App Drawer
    • Explorer X-plore, for remote
    • Alternative Market AptoideTV
    • GoogleChrome v.57. Do not update it, if you want to use copy-paste

Want to buy me a beer?

Donation Link Press Here

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use USB Burning tool 2.1.7.0
    • Refer to Ugoos own tutorial how to flash this box!

Enjoy it!

Screenshots:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Interface_Eng.png Views:	40 Size:	273.1 KB ID:	779105

Click image for larger version  Name:	search_eng.png Views:	40 Size:	400.5 KB ID:	779103

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pref_eng.png Views:	38 Size:	403.0 KB ID:	779100

Click image for larger version  Name:	About_eng.png Views:	41 Size:	415.8 KB ID:	779101

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ugoos_eng.png Views:	39 Size:	407.8 KB ID:	779102

Click image for larger version  Name:	Playback_eng.png Views:	169 Size:	407.6 KB ID:	779099

Click image for larger version  Name:	TWRP_eng.jpg Views:	38 Size:	125.0 KB ID:	779104

​​​​​​
    Last edited by Sasvlad; 08-06-2019, 12:15. Reason: Update v.0.0.9

I assume this is for the SN: 922X & SN:95X2 and not the SN:B922? I have the SN:B922 and it just got stuck in a boot loop.

Comment

Originally posted by timtam View Post
      I assume this is for the SN: 922X & SN:95X2 and not the SN:B922? I have the SN:B922 and it just got stuck in a boot loop.
      I think so.
      It's best to stay on the stock firmware for users that want ota updates.
      Flashing a custom firmware might cause problems with ota updates, otherwise if ota updates is not important then custom firmwares can be fun to use.

Comment

Originally posted by timtam View Post
        It does not matter, thanks to the multi-dtb firmware is suitable for any Ugoos AM6 box.

Comment

hey guys... i have loaded the firmware fine.... is there a guide or chat to help with the main page settings that i dont know of ?.... very bare look at the moment... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
            hey guys... i have loaded the firmware fine.... is there a guide or chat to help with the main page settings that i dont know of ?.... very bare look at the moment... thanks
            The only way to do any customization to AndroidTV is to use a paid app
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...deloadchannel2

I still hate what Google did to AndroidTV, at least on Nougat all your app banners were at the bottom of the screen.
            Now you have 7 tiny banners at the top of the screen and with 4K tv's, the whole rest of the screen just shows a black background.
            With apps like Youtube and Netflix or other streaming apps, you can add it as Channels at the left side of the screen(if pressing left twice) and then you get random videos shown in the middle of the screen in their channel row.
            AppleTV devices have a far better UI than AndroidTV I think.
            All your app icons are on the main screen in a big size and then all your video services eg, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime get combined into a separate screen where you can search for a movie or tv show and then select from which service you want to stream it from.
            Google now even started to put ads on your main AndroidTV screen, at least you can disable that channel for now.
            For people coming from a regular Android device, AndroidTV customization can feel extremely limited.

Comment

agree mo about the empty feeling of the screen .... waiting for ugoos to update there launcher to work with android 9....

Comment

Hi, Sasvlad,

i have some problem, i buy new Ugoos AM6, and try to install your last version
                Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad V.0.0.9 on it...
                but can`t do that... USB_Burning_Tool was wrting me a ERROR

Then i try to install yours
                AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad V.0.0.8, and i made it!)

After that I decided to update the firmware V.0.0.8 to V.0.0.9, but again I couldn?t do it due to an error ...

i try to update it with Erase flash and without Erase flash, but still gave an error...

Please tell me what could be the reason and is there any way out of this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	780778

Comment

Originally posted by Ale_Lup View Post
                  Hi, Sasvlad,

i have some problem, i buy new Ugoos AM6, and try to install your last version
                  Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad V.0.0.9 on it...
                  but can`t do that... USB_Burning_Tool was wrting me a ERROR

Then i try to install yours
                  AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad V.0.0.8, and i made it!)

After that I decided to update the firmware V.0.0.8 to V.0.0.9, but again I couldn?t do it due to an error ...

i try to update it with Erase flash and without Erase flash, but still gave an error...

Please tell me what could be the reason and is there any way out of this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	780778
                  It seems you are using the incorrect firmware, the X2Cube instead of AM6 firmware to flash.
                  You must load the firmware and press start in the flash tool, then press the bottom recovery hole, connect the USB A-A cable and connect power then release the recovery button for it to start flashing automatically.

Comment

Working...
                  X