Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using Kodi Jarvis and just uninstalled it.I got good impression of FTMC and want to install in my ANDROID 6.0 AMLOGIC S905X -A53. ANDROID 64Bit box.But I am confused about what to install in a sequence.Should I install first
    1- FTMC-16.2.30-armeabi-v7apk then
    2- install OdysseyNEW set up then
    3- ARES-23Jul17-repository.aresproject-0.0.8
    and other installation of zip and repo ,like I did in Kodi Jarvis.
    OR ,kindly provide correct steps for fine installtion without Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmm View Post
      I am using Kodi Jarvis and just uninstalled it.I got good impression of FTMC and want to install in my ANDROID 6.0 AMLOGIC S905X -A53. ANDROID 64Bit box.But I am confused about what to install in a sequence.Should I install first
      2- install OdysseyNEW set up then
      3- ARES-23Jul17-repository.aresproject-0.0.8
      and other installation of zip and repo ,like I did in Kodi Jarvis.
      OR ,kindly provide correct steps for fine installtion without Kodi.
      After you install the apk, the process of setting it up to your liking should be the same as Jarvis.

Comment

What I would suggest is that you do things in this order:

2. Post the other questions over on these forums.

https://forum.kodi.tv/index.php

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

The lack of GUI sounds I reported previously is really proving to be a bigger annoyance than I originally anticipated. My device performance is slow, so after I click something it typically does nothing for about a minute or so before it starts loading so not having the GUI sounds really amplflies this problem. I use a handheld keyboard/mouse that falls asleep so without the GUI sounds im not sure I actually clicked or I simply woke up my handheld keyboard. I can't go crazy and start clicking a bunch of times either because then it starts a long, slow loop of loading, starting and cancelling itself. Alot of times I wait and its not until 5 mins later that I realize that I either just woke up my keyboard or I didn't push the enter button hard enough. Any fix suggestions?

Comment

Just a general question. I'm using FTMC 30, and notice that some add-ons in some repos don't show up at all, let alone install them. I understand some repos are designed to work with Krypton only, but is there a way to surmount that within FTMC? Examples are Covenant or Elysium. Thanks.

Comment

• superceleron
              superceleron commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to ask the authors to add FTMC to the supported kodi's.
              They did that because the 16.1 dont have python 2.7 etc but they forgot theirs other 16's(FTMC) that are a bit more that "normal" 16.1.
              Because FTMC have a lot of the fixes of 17.

Originally posted by graphdarnell View Post
            Just a general question. I'm using FTMC 30, and notice that some add-ons in some repos don't show up at all, let alone install them. I understand some repos are designed to work with Krypton only, but is there a way to surmount that within FTMC? Examples are Covenant or Elysium. Thanks.
            I have both Covenant and Elysium successfully installed on FTMC via the Colossus and NoobsandNerds repos respectively. Covenant works fine but Elysium won't load up any lists of videos as if its IMDB scraper is incompatible with FTMC or something. I also have StreamHub working fine which is just as good as those addons.

EDIT: My Elysium issue was not on FTMC's end at all. They are having a TDMB database issue due to many users overloading the default API. Elysium TDMB API fix can be found here:

Last edited by Kodimailbox2017; 08-04-2017, 06:04.

Comment

Thank you very much for helping.It is working now.My children want to watch Dysney movies.I installed from Elysium.There is title Dysney movies but it does not open on clicking.I tried several several times.Any help ??

Comment

Sorry guys plz open a new thread for addon problems!
                Since is not a FTMC problem!

Comment

So is there anything I can do to solve my no GUI sounds issue?

Comment

• superceleron
                    superceleron commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dunno, i dont have gui sound problems!
                    Did you try to go to default confluence?

Yes, I tried both default confluence skins and even tried installing other GUI sounds in those and other skins. I just now found a weird solution by specifically going to the Amber skin, system, audio output and setting play GUI sounds to always. Wierd that it took a specific skin but it got the job done. Too bad I can't find the file manager in the Amber skin or else I would use it full time haha

Comment

• superceleron
                    superceleron commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ho yes i forgot about that lol cant remember if the other 2 have that option there!!!

Well is there on the other 2 skins, i forgot to tell you guys i disabled it by default because of the RK devices!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                    Well is there on the other 2 skins, i forgot to tell you guys i disabled it by default because of the RK devices!
                    The default skins all have a area where you can choose GUI sounds, download new GUI sounds or simply select none but only the Amber skin has the additional "master switch like" option of enabling and disabling GUI sounds altogether. I could select GUI sounds till im blue in the face but its all for nothing until that master switch found in the Amber skin is enabled.

Comment

... enable expert mode(not needed but always good), go to system -> system -> Audio output -> Play GUI sounds..........

Comment

we have noticed when using FTMC version 30 its no longer pulling up putlocker links, is there any setting we need to adjust please

Comment

Hey super.... I got a few boxes and family. .... I notice with 30 that if I copy over add ons and use data from my build to another. .... I loose the front page settings like shortcuts. .... was fine with 29..... anything I can alter in settings..... many thanks and love your work.... pinky

Comment

• superceleron
                            superceleron commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Maybe your data for that specific skin is to new or to older for the one im using!
                            Other thing m8 be corruption!
                            Cant see more what that could be, and no is no setting!
                        Working...
                        X