Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Hey Bob, great work on your rom

I just wanted to let you know that ethernet isnt working. Wifi has never been a problem with me.

However CIFS is really irritating me. Id like to pm you to let you know my set up and see if you can help. Basically i have a HTPC/Server and i would like to download stuff straight to the server from my imito. You know, torrents and stuff. Can you help me pleaseeeeeee. I would really appreciate it.

Like i said, other than that, this rom is wonderful, installed with ease.

Comment

RK Mirrioring

"11) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
      I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this."

Android version 4.2 JellyBean is a prerequisite other wise all that's needed is the RK remote Client app that we already have. This was demonstrated by Rockchip at the 2012 CES convention "I think that's what it's called" Working on an imito mx-1 with 4.2 Android. So it is a suprise to me that we have yet to see a 4.2 JB Rom released from imito.

Comment

Just a question bob,

HW+ in MX Player work on this rom or not?

Comment

Comcast Xfinity TV Secondary Display Issue

Bob,
          I haven't come across any issues with 1.7 yet but have a question regarding the coding and the iMito display output. The Comcast Xfinity TV app will not play any video because it thinks that the HDMI output of the iMito is a secondary display. Is there somewhere in the ROM that reports this that can be changed to consider the HDMI output as the primary display?
          Thanks, JJ

Comment

Tiny thing, but I miss the wallpaper setting that I think was one of the items under display in settings.

Comment

You must have come from ICS?

Jellybean you hold a long press on a blank area anywhere on the home screen and select a wallpaper.
              No JB rom I have seen has the old way of setting wallpaper in settings.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob. I'm only about 2 weeks into my Android mini PC experience. Imito had that setting in their ROMs. Didn't know of the direct access on the home screen.

1.7a seems to be working very well with my MX2. I've never had any WiFi issues or any other instability with the stock ROM or 1.7a.

I did decide to try 240 density after squinting at some programs with the 1080p screen. I appreciate your warning that many apps don't like the 240 density. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all your efforts to make these boxes better. I'm enjoying mine, although there are a number of 1080p videos that still stutter if transfered from USB or over my N network that will run perfectly via my Blu-Ray player. On the MX2 I get the best streaming results from the built-in eHome Media Center, an app that seems to have no home on the Web. Odder still is that I see better results by launching streamed videos via Explorer, selecting whatever media player, than launching the player directly. Nothing to do with your ROMs, of course. This behavior has been true with all ROMs.
                Last edited by billbmsn; 02-27-2013, 09:34.

Comment

Recovery?

Thanks Bob for the great ROM! Things seem to be working fine for me. One thing I did notice - when I try to "reboot into recovery" with the reboot app I get a picture of a dead android with an exclamation point popping out of his chest. I get the same thing if I reboot to recovery with ROM Toolbox so I don't think ii is the app. It comes back up to normal if I then reboot with the power plug.

Is recovery something supplied as part of a ROM or should I look elsewhere to get it straightened out? I am guessing that I don't have a recovery installed, but I am new to the android environment and don't yet have grasp on how all of the components map together.

Comment

Report using an MK809ii + a question about 1080p vs 720p

Let me start by saying a big "thanks" to Bob. His 1.5 rom was good, this 1.7 is even better. I installed 1.7b to my MK809ii and everything seem to work perfectly. I never had problems with my wifi with the 1.5 rom but I choose version 1.7b because I would like to test the new kernel and the latest drivers. And they prove to work perfectly on my device.

But this idea of using version 1.7b justify my question: The new kernel part of 1.7b is 720p. in my previous installation (Finless 1.5) I had a 1080p kernel. Well I could not find any difference between the two. I mean, even with 720p kernel I could access the settings page and setup the device to output 1080p via hdmi. This is confirmed by my monitor that says it is running 1080p. I am probably missing something but I was expecting that the 720p kernel could only output..... well.... 720p :-)

May you explain me where is the difference between a "720p" and a "1080p" kernel?

Thanks
                    G.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7 - BETA

One is upscaled to 1080p from 720 the other is native 1080p

Sent from my ZP900 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

9) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
                        Ihadd added this ot the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
                        See info here regarding this new library.
                        http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...756#pid1345756
                        Has anyone checked if it is working? Are the issues with garbled sd videos gone?

Comment

OTG port broken?

Hi Bob, I'm currently on 1.5 and would love to try 1.7 beta, but it seems my OTG port is suddenly not working anymore. Tried different cables from OTG to PC but can't even get a mass storage connection anymore. All settings are correct (set to mass storage, pc connection on).

Is there a way to flash this ROM without the OTG port when on 1.5?

Comment

Cannot change android background picture

Solve the problem.
                            post deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by DiZet View Post
                              Has anyone checked if it is working? Are the issues with garbled sd videos gone?
                              Imito MX1--Hot Diggidity Dog! The MX Player HW+ in Finless new Rom using XBMC and libstagefright.so works like a charm....will tell you more later after let whole movie run through...nice HD 720P streamin' off the TV.

Yippee!

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
                                Imito MX1--Hot Diggidity Dog! The MX Player HW+ in Finless new Rom using XBMC and libstagefright.so works like a charm....will tell you more later after let whole movie run through...nice HD 720P streamin' off the TV.

Yippee!
                                Hmmm..HW+ works finally...but it is a bit shortlived...appears Imito cannot handle processing for long after 3 mins either buffer empties or processor is clogged..pausing for 30 sec gets a couple minutes now.

Back to drawing board.

Comment

Working...
                                X