Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by felix80 View Post
    Thanks for yor reply...
    I've try this tool but don't work... the tool works fine, but when I connect my MK802IIIs again...

No IP address
    No MAC address
    No Bluetooth Address

All works fine with 1.5 version...
    I got the same problem on my mk802IIIs with 1.7a. The wifi Mac Address become 00:00:00:00:00.

Also usb ethernet adapter have to turn off and turn on again to make it work when start up the machine.(working on ug007 latest firmware http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...llybean-4-1-1/ )

The good thing is HW+ working on mx player now.

Comment

Hi! I am also having the problem where the wifi and BT addresses aren't set.
      I have tried the ROM 1.5, 1.7b, 1.7a.

My wifi works anyway even with address 00:00:00:00...
      but my bluetooth is not working. I will try the tool to set the addresses latter this week and see. I remember that the bluetooth was working with original ROM. It has benn broken since I install the 1.5 (I think, or maybe 1.7b).

Other than that, the ROM is very nice.

Thanks

Comment

Newbie Help: Annoying Ethernet Dongle "turn off and on" problem after Reboot solved

Bob or ROM person?? Is this something we can put into every ROM so that we do not have annoying on/off problem with ethernet dongle:

this was done for zeals gk802:

I use a USB Lan adapter and restart the firmware unfortunately forgets the Ethernet switch even if it is turned on before the reboot. The solution to the problem I may have found at another forum:

Rooted firmware is required! You must be connected to the Ethernet.

1st You must install the Android Terminal Emulator program

2nd You need to download the eth_scripts.tar.gz file (see http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...=226&start=260)

and copy to the following location: /sdcard/

3rd Android Terminal Emulator for them to be entered into:

su
        mount-o remount, rw / system
        tar xzvf / sdcard / eth_scripts.tar.gz
        sync

4th You must restart the device

The annoying fault is cleared, the reset state is activated as soon as the Ethernet module

Thanks in advance because I am

Comment

OK try this. Take the eth0_start.sh script and put it into the /system/etc/init.d folder.

My ROMs have init.d script support so maybe it will work there.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            OK try this. Take the eth0_start.sh script and put it into the /system/etc/init.d folder.

Bob
            Way out of my league here but:

Wahts about implementing init.d script support and the make it with that?
            init and init.*.rc are in the initramfs so you can't make persistent modifications without recompiling the kernel and initramfs, which I haven't been able to find the exact source and patches for the gk802. My hack modified files in the /system and /data partitions which are persistent.

I know Bob is busy, so does anyone else know how to try what Bob says? or has an easy solution? or an make an App? I would purchase it!

too noobie for me to do!

Comment

Bob
              Well..IT Worked! Thanks Bob. Persistent Ethernet now after reboot...perfect!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
                Well..IT Worked! Thanks Bob. Persistent Ethernet now after reboot...perfect!!!
                Cool! GLad it worked and you figured out how to apply it...

I looked at the script and it seemed like it would work from init.d so glad it did!

Bob

Comment

Is it normal that my Hard drive, pluged in via USB never go in sleep mode? Is there a sleep mode option for USB devices?

And will the fix for Ethernet and USB addresses would be included in any further release of this Beta?

Many thanks for the ROM again!

Comment

Some people said just update wlan.ko can fix the wifi mac address bug.
                    I will try it when I get home.

fix mac address to update wlan.ko on http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...f090a&start=10
                    1) Download wlan.zip
                    2) unzip wlan.zip to microsd
                    3) use file manager root
                    4) rename wkan.ko to wlan.ko.old on /system/lib/modules
                    5) copy on microsd wlan.ko in /system/lib/modules
                    6) reboot

Comment

Persistent Ethernet on Startup/ReBoot

Cool! GLad it worked and you figured out how to apply it...

I looked at the script and it seemed like it would work from init.d so glad it did!

Bob
                      Thank you for your help Bob and thanks to bogolisk. at armtvtech.com who said he spent 3 days on it. whew.

Sure do love this forum.

Update: If one uses the eth0_start.sh script, Wifi and Ethernet can both be left on now..upon reboot WIFI will be priority, until Ethernet is turned off and then on (giving ethernet priority). If just Ethernet is left on, and plugged in, Ethernet will reboot persistently. If Wifi is left on alone, then wifi will reboot consistently. Nice function. I am temptedto make an Android App for it as I searched in vain to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by netghost View Post
                        Some people said just update wlan.ko can fix the wifi mac address bug.
                        I will try it when I get home.

fix mac address to update wlan.ko on http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...f090a&start=10
                        1) Download wlan.zip
                        2) unzip wlan.zip to microsd
                        3) use file manager root
                        4) rename wkan.ko to wlan.ko.old on /system/lib/modules
                        5) copy on microsd wlan.ko in /system/lib/modules
                        6) reboot
                        Good luck with that. I had to take the wlan.ko from the imito stock ROM so wifi would work!
                        So this issue is because of the latest Imito ROM. 1.5 was made from older Imito ROM.
                        So what it sounds like to me is we need the wlan.ko from older ROM before Imito introduced this bug.

Question, did you flash 1.7B or 1.7A. 1.7A uses the older wlan.ko. so it shoudl not have this bug.
                        But if not, sounds like a 1.8 A and B rom are needed?

I will not apply the eth0_start.sh script to my ROM. Not everyone wants this to run. What I can do is provide a update.zip to patch my ROM for those that want the Ethernet boot fix. Or I will put the script in the init.d folder and rename it to .xx so it wont run. Users can rename it if they want it.

Sound like an idea?

Bob

Comment

Good luck with that. I had to take the wlan.ko from the imito stock ROM so wifi would work!
                          So this issue is because of the latest Imito ROM. 1.5 was made from older Imito ROM.
                          So what it sounds like to me is we need the wlan.ko from older ROM before Imito introduced this bug.

Question, did you flash 1.7B or 1.7A. 1.7A uses the older wlan.ko. so it shoudl not have this bug.
                          But if not, sounds like a 1.8 A and B rom are needed?

I will not apply the eth0_start.sh script to my ROM. Not everyone wants this to run. What I can do is provide a update.zip to patch my ROM for those that want the Ethernet boot fix. Or I will put the script in the init.d folder and rename it to .xx so it wont run. Users can rename it if they want it.

Sound like an idea?

Bob
                          Sounds great, I still believe a Google Play App or "Tasker" option is needed for Android stick Noobs to install this fix. Seems they have an App for everything else and these sticks come with ethernet switches that don't seem to stay on as one would think it should. It is sort of like having a light switch turn off, but not turn back on, until you switch it on and off again.

It works to have it available to all though, and is a good idea nonetheless.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7 (beta is over)

I just received an imito mx1 from geekbuying. The first one was broken and hdmi showed no output. This one came with 29nov stock fimware. The wifi strength signal was fine from a tv that it is far frm router (down floor). It showed 3 bars but the transfer rate was too low. I decided to upgrade to finless 1.7 720p and the wifi strength is lower than before. I couldn't connect to wifi from that tv. Did you have the same issue?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

I flashed 1.7 on 1.5 and I'm very happy to see that all my apps and settings are still there.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7 (beta is over)

I use 1.7a and a Ethernet usb adapter. Ethernet works on every boot without use any patch.
                                Regards,

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X