NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I will be honest with you! I am no expert here. I use the MediaCenter APP and my Windows shares. It works for me.... But I do know this is not the best and there are better ways!

Understand please. There are a million ways to do something. Just because I make ROMs that improves things, does not mean I know the million ways to do something.

I wish I did! But I am in no way an expert on using every APP out there, or ways to connect to a file share / server for optimal streaming. The TV guys that know this should answer the question here.

Sorry, I wish I could help but realize you cant know everything about everything! Just because I can make a better ROM does not mean I am an expert at everything and how best to use this device.... BUT I am learning too! Maybe one day I will be more knowledgeable about everything

Make sense?

Bottom line your asking the wrong person.

Bob
    Thanks Bob. My fault for assuming. Wont happen again. Just figured you knew since you said that you included the modules and the such. But I will keep looking and trying. If I get any sucess I will be sure to share with everyone

Comment

Originally posted by dutchmaster18 View Post
      But I will keep looking and trying. If I get any sucess I will be sure to share with everyone
      I think these TV sticks are so new, we are all in the same boat!
      Some things work for some, some things don't for others! I have seen here since we opened this place, that in fact people are searching for the best setup and I have YET to actually see people agree what that is!
      So again, we all are learning with these devices..... MUCH more to learn I think

If I get any sucess I will be sure to share with everyone
      Please do!

THANK YOU

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by dfgas View Post
        which is the better rom? 1.7a or 1.7b?

I get full signal on my 55" but its about a foot away from the router, however my other mx2 on my 42" is not so lucky but i am going through the floor and and at the side our my house. my router is in the middle of the house.

right now i have not found the perfect setup with xbmc which I am disappointed about which i know is not finless fault.
        My router is about 50 feet and 5 walls away from my MX 2. I resorted to a Netgear Powerline AV 200 Wireless Extender Kit. Wow! Works great. Also, I got XBMC working pretty well with that SMB wrapper. See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1344849

You simply have to pick and choose your media player with it. No single player works with all media. Wondershare is among the best, but I have 5 or 6 others to choose from the context menu. A hassle, but there isn't a file that I can't stream and have pefect playback once I select the right player.

EDIT: The latest nightly build of the XAF version of XBMC seems to work well w/o the SMB wrapper

On the other hand, I began investigating PLEX. Apparently these guys were involved in XBMC. Neither are perfect, but PLEX is well worth a try. The main hassle I had was getting the PLEX server to work consistently. I had to do a manual port forward (no biggie), and I had to disable my software firewall. Neither Windows Firewall or Zonealarm would accomodate the server despite all my attempts to get them tuned to it. Plex has icefilms and Navi plug-ins. I can't get its Netflix plugin to work, but the Android app works fine for that. Other than that, PLEX is pretty darn good.

---------
        Bob, sorry for the thread hijack. Oh, and thanks for your expalantion of why you don't do your ROMs as single img files.

Bill
        Last edited by billbmsn; 03-12-2013, 18:48.

Comment

TV portal app and the MX1 make me a happy panda.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchmaster18 View Post
            Sorry. I did ask this in the beginning of the thread. I want to map a network drive so I can play music from my computer as well as save my downloaded torrents and stuck on my drive on my computer
            If you are referring to a Media Server and Client system then i can recommend Plex.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

There's a link posted above to YouTube with one of my videos with hopefully a taste of what Plex and the imito can do

Also on my YouTube account there are a couple of other videos regarding the Imito MX1 and at least one of them regards Plex too.

Hope this helps in some way

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7 (beta is over)

An SD update can be made but understand
              1) The SD update method will not flash a new kernel
              2) It will not change the parition space!

The other way is to maybe ask Leolas to make a update that uses CWM.

Bob
              I made a guide for anyone who wants to make their own zip to flash with cwm.

I think this is easy to made for everybody. Only need to choose the. img files you want and put them inside the zip. But I want you download the roms and the recovery from their original links, if not, people think that I made the roms, no matter how big I wrote that is not my work.
              But I can make zips for the roms you made and give the Rom creator the links so they can publish them in their threads.
              Now I am very stucked with kernel work, cause I cant make internal WiFi works, I think I am killing flies with heavy guns with kernel work :P
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by bakerbarber View Post
                TV portal app and the MX1 make me a happy panda.
                if you like tv portal, get blackmart alpha app and then get video mix.

Comment

Flash back to Imito MX1 Stock Rom

How do I flash back to the stock Firmware afer finless 1.7A has been installed ?
                  I am have a few issues with my MX1 after the finless rom install
                  - Wifi name displayed is all 00:00:00:00......
                  - Date and time wont stay after I fix it?

Thanks for your time
                  - Gary
                  Last edited by gnalen; 03-12-2013, 22:03.

Comment

time changes after power off then back on.

Flashed 1.7a on mx2 here its a lot better compare to stock, many my apps runs properly now.

only one problem its every time i power off restart the time is off.

First i unchecked Automatic date and time use set time and date changed Time zone form GMT-00:00 (default value) to my time zone GMT-04:00 Eastern but after reboot give me the wrong time then i check back the Automatic date and time but still after reboot time is off..
                    i don't even care its wrong time.but if time is wrong my wifi will not connect correctly.

any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

There is no battery in these so they do not hold time on a reboot. It must get time from the network. If your getting the wrong time then either your routers time is wrong or your ISP NTP time server is wrong.

If you give me a logcat dump I can look and sere where it is getting time from and why it is off.

Bob

Comment

Rom Help

Hello bob, I am have some of the same Issues. I just checked my router an it has the correct time, it must be getting it from my ISP.
                        - My Time and date wont stay, even if I manually enter it
                        - My Wifi Name is 00:00:00....
                        - Keeps rebooting ?

Can you tell me how to flash back to stock IMITO so I can check this ? or do you have any other Ideas so I can keep using your Rom?

- Gary

Comment

I need a logcat dump to see where it is getting time from.

get terminal emulator from Google Play and install it.

reboot

After reboot run terminal emulator and type
                          su
                          logcat

You will get a logcat dump. Copy this to a file and post it here.

Bob

Comment

Never mind. The info needed is not in logcat! DAMN.....

I have to research how this is set and used.

Bob

Comment

For me this only started to happen when I flashed it with the 1.7a Rom, I was using the stock Imito from november.

Is there a process for going back to the stock firmware, so I can test it?

- Gary

Never mind. The info needed is not in logcat! DAMN.....

I have to research how this is set and used.

Bob

Comment

1.7a?
                                That's for the mk808 not the initial!

Just download the stock rom from geek buying and flash it!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X