X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overclocking 1.7!

Hi everyone!
    I found a way to everclock the Finless 1.7ROM!
    I use Titanium backup to backup/restore my apps when I switch to a different ROM.
    I use NoFrills CPU control to change the clock.
    The other day, I switched back from 4.2.2 to Finless 1.7b. When I made my backup my clock was set to 1.2Ghz in NOFrills CPU. After I restored my app on the 1.7B, I find out that I was running at 1.2GHz!!!

I just tried the Antutu Benchmark after having set the clock to 1.6Ghz in th Finless 1.7b (using NoFrills CPU) and I am getting 8000 (about 7200 with 1Ghz clock). I don't know much about stability yet though. I'll add some heatsinks soon anyway.
    I thought you would like to know!
    Last edited by jy_p; 05-26-2013, 03:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      OK folks, as many may know Imito released an official JellyBean 4.2.2 ROM for the MX1/2.
      You can read about it here and also get the stock ROM from links posted in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Release-Here

I decided to make a Finless ROM 2.0 version using it.

I was trying to port the MK808 4.2.2 ROM to the Imito because it has a few more features in it but the way Imito implemented wifi in this 4.2.2 is different and I have yet to get it ported. I may work on that later and release a 2.1 ROM using that.

But with that said, this is a pretty cool 4.2.2 release by Imito that I used to make my ROM. So if you want 4.2.2 this maybe for you!

Features and release notes for my 2.0 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 2.9 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2

2) Debloated of a some bloat apps!

3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
      Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
      Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

5) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
      For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

6) I unlocked hidden settings:
      -> Accessibility

7) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
      Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
      I took this from another 4.2.2 ROM. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
      If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
      LauncherNEW.apk
      AllApp.apk
      RKSettings.apk
      RKBasicsettings.apk
      Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

8) I fixed the stock JB launcher icon placement.
      The icons were not in the dock but just above it which was ugly!

9) All Google APPs updated except Google Search

10) Busybox that I like best Wraitdu 1.19.4

11) Changed build.prop so USB connaction to PC is a Mass Storage device and not a MTP device.
      This ROM has no settings to change that at all (I will fix that later). I prefer a Mass Storage device myself.
      You can easily change it back in build.prop. I commented out the MTP line.

12) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
      I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
      YOur device will now NOT show up as a MK808 device to Google Play! Understand this please.
      I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
      If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
      Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
      Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
      Reboot!

13) RK Remote control does not work in this ROM! It crashes!
      I will work on fixing this later. It's a very common issue with 4.2.2.
      However the MK808 4.2.2 ROM works so I will try to fix this issue in a future release.

14) Petrus reboot APP is added

15) 1080P patched kernel baby! I patched the stock kernel to 1080P.
      There are 2 kernels and 2 boots in the ROM kit. By default kernel720 and boot720 are selected in the flash tool.
      If you want to use a 1080 kernel then read the instructions below.

AS ALWAYS! See the README in the ROM download for full details and instructions!

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> Imito JB 4.2.2 - Finless 2.0 ROM (250 megs)

Enjoy,
      Bob
      Thanks for this great rom Works almost with everything on measy u2c except camera...anyway to enable that ?

Comment

this rom is compatible with cozyswan mk 809II?
        please, I not see any post or subforum for my device...

Comment

Originally posted by cbd View Post
          which wifi/bluetooth chipset does your device have?

Comment

Originally posted by cbd View Post
            Yes. See posts 61 and 62 in this very thread.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              Yes. See posts 61 and 62 in this very thread.
              thanks man!
              why is better, 1.7 or 2.0?
              bluetooth work? I use for play with my gamepad!

Comment

the way Imito implemented wifi in this 4.2.2 is different and I have yet to get it ported. I may work on that later and release a 2.1 ROM using that.
                Many thanks for your efforts. I have yet to install any of your ROMs, but I am saving myself for your 2.1 . Any way you could let us know once you've released the 2.1--and I mean other than having to visit these forums periodically etc.? Some mailing list, RSS subscription etc.?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by sho25 View Post
                  I took my conclusion to fast.
                  Even with the version of Arctablet I don't get a HDMI output on my 6 year old Samsung plasma screen.

On my pc-screen, which has a HDMI connection, both the version of Finless and Arctablet with 4.2.2 are working.

It seems that the output has been changed. And I need to contact Samsung for a software upgrade.
                  Or I have an excuse to my wife for a new Samsung LED tv.

Send from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk

i am having the same issue with my lg tv no hdmi output on 4.2.2 rom..is there any solution other then buying a new tv.??

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

For those having no output on some TV, try not using the HDMI cable but
                    Rather plug the imito straight into the TV. It's output is a bit weak. At least that worked for me!

Envoyé depuis mon B92M avec Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                      Rather plug the imito straight into the TV. It's output is a bit weak. At least that worked for me!

thanks for the tip but its not working for me.. :S
                      any other idea??

Comment

what about boot/kernel for 1366x768 screen?

I am using MX2 on a motorola Atrix lapdock 100. It should have 1366x768 screen.
                        I am using 1280x720 just fine now. But if I can try 1366x768 I'd love to.
                        Do you know if you can build such a boot/kernel image as a choice?

Thanks and kudos for the wonderful ROM!

Comment

Ahhh yeah!

OK folks, as many may know Imito released an official JellyBean 4.2.2 ROM for the MX1/2.
                          You can read about it here and also get the stock ROM from links posted in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Release-Here

I decided to make a Finless ROM 2.0 version using it.

I was trying to port the MK808 4.2.2 ROM to the Imito because it has a few more features in it but the way Imito implemented wifi in this 4.2.2 is different and I have yet to get it ported. I may work on that later and release a 2.1 ROM using that.

But with that said, this is a pretty cool 4.2.2 release by Imito that I used to make my ROM. So if you want 4.2.2 this maybe for you!

Features and release notes for my 2.0 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 2.9 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2

2) Debloated of a some bloat apps!

3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                          Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
                          Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

5) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
                          For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

6) I unlocked hidden settings:
                          -> Accessibility

7) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
                          Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
                          I took this from another 4.2.2 ROM. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
                          If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
                          LauncherNEW.apk
                          AllApp.apk
                          RKSettings.apk
                          RKBasicsettings.apk
                          Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

8) I fixed the stock JB launcher icon placement.
                          The icons were not in the dock but just above it which was ugly!

9) All Google APPs updated except Google Search

10) Busybox that I like best Wraitdu 1.19.4

11) Changed build.prop so USB connaction to PC is a Mass Storage device and not a MTP device.
                          This ROM has no settings to change that at all (I will fix that later). I prefer a Mass Storage device myself.
                          You can easily change it back in build.prop. I commented out the MTP line.

12) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                          I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                          YOur device will now NOT show up as a MK808 device to Google Play! Understand this please.
                          I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                          If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                          Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                          Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                          Reboot!

13) RK Remote control does not work in this ROM! It crashes!
                          I will work on fixing this later. It's a very common issue with 4.2.2.
                          However the MK808 4.2.2 ROM works so I will try to fix this issue in a future release.

14) Petrus reboot APP is added

15) 1080P patched kernel baby! I patched the stock kernel to 1080P.
                          There are 2 kernels and 2 boots in the ROM kit. By default kernel720 and boot720 are selected in the flash tool.
                          If you want to use a 1080 kernel then read the instructions below.

AS ALWAYS! See the README in the ROM download for full details and instructions!

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> Imito JB 4.2.2 - Finless 2.0 ROM (250 megs)

Enjoy,
                          Bob
                          Ahhh yeah! 1080 Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Awesome! Is it possible to use this kernel on some of the RK3188 devices? I'm guessing probably not because its a different CPU right. If not what about using the kernel of the IMITO QX1? Its supposed to be true 1080p according to geekbuying's site. Is that a possibility? Anyway, thanks again for all the awesome ROMs. I always refer people to freaktab.com form my youtube channel.
                          Thanks again and have a great day,

Rivers

Comment

hmm

Really like the 2.0 rom warmer colors etc than 1.7 and very sharp fonts. However the 1080p version is flakey for me on imito mx1 it boots up no issue worked until you do anything with high frame rate then screen flickers until reboot. Went back to 1080p 1.7 may try 720pkernel from 2.0 when I tried changing display to 720 in 1080 kernel also sound was out of sync on YouTube etc

OH thanks Bob love your roms

Comment

thank bob for the new rom

anw, is there anybody notice that the quality image( when i play video, watch films online ) of Rom 2.0 wrose than 1.7 ?

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Originally posted by jy_p View Post

Also not working for me.

Strange thing is that it worked with Finless 1.5 & 1.7 with the HDMI cable. After I updated with the 4.2.2 it didn't give an output on my TV. It works on my pc monitor.

Maybe stupid thinking:
                                I think the output file for HDMI has been changed. Maybe old version of HDMI (1.3) has been deleted. I'm a real noob.
                                And not by Bob, but by Imito

Send from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X