X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Plus, no power

Hi,

I got an MK808B Plus from here http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_124593.html
    It worked fine out of the box
    I then tried to flash it using the sd card, hold down the reset button method
    The Google TV logo would flash and as soon as I lifted the reset button, it would boot as normal without updating.
    I left it over night and when I went back to it yesterday it won't boot.
    I'm not getting any blue light.
    I've again tried the reset while plugging in to otg to usb but nothing

I'm new to this so I'm assuming this is bricked?
    I don't understand how this happened as it was working fine when I left it but anyways.

Would this method be appropriate?

thanks

Comment

I have done everything

All started when I tried to flash the Finless 2.1 into my rockchip with the RKAndroidTools.
      I have done everything to unbrick my MK808, but always I get the message "RKAndroid MaskRom Usb found" at the RKAndroid tools. I've been able to Erase NAND succefully, but when I push "Flash ROM" always says "Download IDB failed". I've tried with the Rockchip Batch Tool too, but it always says "Prepare IDB failed" (the square is blue).
      It doesn't matter if I make contact with the pins 8 and 9 when I connect it, those two errors always occur.
      In less words:
      If I connect the RK3066 to the RKAndroid tools, I always get the "Download IDB failed".
      If I connect the RK3066 to the Rockchip Batch tools, I always get the "Prepare IDB failed".

Also, I've tried to put the original Firmware of the device, but I get the same result.

Sorry for my english, isn't my native language.

Comment

Reset nand chip help for mask rom mode on new mk808b with mediatek chipset

OK, I did a stupid thing and ordered an original mk808b, which like some others in here I received the HTC -T011-V4 under heatsink and TEAN E120039-94V-0ML1 on edge of pcb.

My problem is I flashed Bob's 1.7 for the mk808b and everything went fine as far as the flash but all I got was the black screen and it never came back. When I try and flash a new rom from the 3-4 roms posted here in the forums including the KitKat Rom I get the dreaded IDB download failed message. Now I backed up my original ROM based on Bob's write up on using the Rockchip Android Tool V2.1 to make backups. My IDB failing looks like it is coming from not having a valid Loader.bin and according to Bob's instructions it stated "Loader.bin - this is low in NAND and special. You can flash it but cannot dump it."

I can restore all the backup files I copied except the Loader of course and with different files I can either get the two penguins or the green Android guy with yellows atoms in his body (only for one second and then it reboots again into a reboot loop) just like resetting firmware back to factory from the settings menu. So I guess I need to get into masked Rom mode so I can use let's say the kitkat 4.4 img file.

So following his instructions on shorting pins 8 and 9 to get into masked rom mode and I wasn't getting anywhere so I decided to pull off the heatsink and look at the chipsets. The nand chip number is NT5CB256M16CP-D1 (there are two of them) from Nanya corp. Attached is the PDF on the chipset and I am trying to figure out which pins to short ( looks like pin 2 is reset) so any help would be appreciated. Ops, file to large for attachment so I'll post a link to the file. Nanya chipset is NT5CB256M16CP-D1.

EDIT: OK, screwed up again. The above info is for the DDR3 Dram, that is why there was two banks. I initially was trying to short pins 8&9 on the DRAM! I saw the chip on the bottom of the PCB and it was labeled Sandisk SDTNQGAMA-008G, so I thought that was the Dram. Wrong, it is the nand, so with a needle and magnifying glass I was able to successfully short pins 8&9. Anyone else that has this setup, the Sandisk chip has a circular indentation on the chip that denotes pin 1. I also needed a needle to penetrate the protective coating on the board that was done after they built it. Took time, patience and steady hands to get it into ROM masked mode. I have now flashed mk808b_clone_Kernel_3.0.36+ #1004 original with the provided ROM_Flash_Tool_137 and my MK808B clone is working perfectly. Now on to root the device and I will be extremely pleased.
        Last edited by gpharos; 01-29-2015, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by tony763 View Post
          For SDTNQGAMA-008G 5&6 pin on right side of chip are TF-BOOT Pins. I have it in my Nextbook NEXT7D12R with Amlogic AML 8726-mx.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3068[/ATTACH]
          how fix sk hynix chip

Comment

[QUOTE=Finless;31352]OK so on the ug802 there are pads you can short to erased NAND and put the unit into MASK ROM mode. You do this as the ug802 does not have a button to put you in flash mode. But also MASK ROM mode is a special mode unlike flash mode. It erases NAND like it was a brand new chip.]

Yeah! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. this was difficult for me to do with my tired eyes and shaky hand, but with my wife holding the flashlight and plugging in the USB connector, we made it work.
            The download check had been failing every time and this cleared everything and made it work finally.

Comment

For anyone getting "download boot failed" when trying to flash the rom, I found how to fix this. I read everything I could find about this and nothing seemed to work, not even crossing pins 8+9. Finally I figured out that what I needed to do is press the Erase IDB almost immediately after I plug the USB cable in, just when the rocktool detects the device. Then proceed to flash rom as soon as the rom is cleared. It seems that if you wait a few seconds before flashing, it fails. Don't know why this happens but it does. Anyway I used Finless 2.1 rom with AP6210 firmware and it seems to be working now- http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...m-work-bt-wifi

Comment

hi there...i'm newbie here..here's my case

try to flash mk808b to finless 2.1, but forgot to erase nand first..
                it was failed... blue led still turning on but windows not recognise the tv stick..
                i've tried to enter mask rom mode by shortcircuiting pin 8-9, but my laptop said the usb has run out power or something like that
                is it supposed to plug the mk808b power source?

Comment

hi guys. i writeing from Greece. i have buy from **** a mk808b device .i try to make upgrade but i erase the nand flash memory and now i have the idb not download problem. i try all this you have write in heare but does not came to flash mode my device. so i need a litle help for you. what i must do to work my device? please forgive my english.

Comment

Finless need advice . Today I followed your tutorial on getting windows 8.1 to recognize my 802 mkiiis. Thank you.
                    Ok so android tool shows rom mask mode . I erased idb. No problems . Then hit run idb downloads then unit restarts then device disappears . tried rkbatchtool v1.8 (1.7 doesn't recognize device ) blue square appears i select firmware and hit restore. Same issue. Tried keeping pin shorted but idb fails. any ideas? heres my log.
                    Update using Android tool if I erase IDB then uncheck everything but loader it gives success message. It appears that any flash requiring device to restart takes it out of mask mode. Tried shorting na nd pins during restart but tool doesn't see mask mode after restart!

Attached Files
                    Last edited by moose m79; 07-28-2015, 06:03.

Comment

This article may help some of you
                      How I managed to unbrick Rikomagic V5 TV Stick with RK3288 CPU - http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/how-i...k3288-cpu.html

Comment

Hello! I have a mk808b, nand flash bricked.
                        I read the whole thread in, I tried everything, but did not get much further ...
                        What could be the problem? Help me please.

The last picture of the faulty device:
                        Unknown USB device (device description for failed request)

You can see how long it goes through the process (Device Reset OK) and then disconnect and connect back into that way.

(Sorry about the language mistakes)
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Hi all

I bricked my mk808b plus after flashing superceleron's rom. i followed the same procedure as other roms i had tried in the past but something went wrong along the way and i ended up with a bricked device.
                          HOWEVER! i have managed to unbrick it by following the advice in this thread (im in no way an electronics guy, i just try my best to follow whatever instructions i can find)

I have the newer model which i purchased from gearbest in early december last year. my nand model is:
                          SK Hynix
                          H27UCG8T2ETR
                          BC 445A
                          M3BLY8220M1 <- that row was qutie hard to read so might not be completely accurate :3

When i powered my device the blue light would still come on but nothing would appear on the tv, no google logo etc and i couldnt get into recovery so my only option was to try the nand method.
                          Fortunately i had used the burning tools in the past so i already had the drivers on my computer, so if you havent already used the burning tools prior to bricking your device then things might be a tad more complicated...

my device came with stock 112k4 installed so i wanted to flash back to that first
                          you can download it from here: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...core-tv-stick/
                          once downloaded i opened up burning tools, loaded the firmware and then plugged my usb cable into the otg port on the mk808b plus and put the other end of the usb into a port into my pc but only halfway so it wouldnt power the device on until i had located pins 8 and 9 to short first.
                          once i was sure i had the needle on the correct pins i pushed the usb right the way in on my pc to power the device whilst keeping the needle on the pins and sure enough the pc recognized that something had gone on, the ports all showed up in burning tools and i was able to flash the firmware! i didnt need to hold my needle on pins 8 and 9 once it was recoginized by the pc either so i could use each hand to cross my fingers whilst watching the progress bar on the flash!

once it completed i pushed stop on the burning tools, exited the program then unplugged my device and hooked it up to the tv.
                          it took a few mins to get past the mbox loading screen but everything seems to be working fine so far!

many thanks to finless for the info and i hope someone else finds this helpful
                          all the best (time to flash something better than stock now haha)

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I've tried using this method for my dead MK808B (first time shorting pins here). After trying to follow to the letter the instructions, the PC is displaying a message upon connecting my device. Saying Power surge on the USB port. Unknown USB device needs more power than the port can supply. Any advice please?

Comment

Originally posted by tony763 View Post
                              TF-BOOT Pins

For SDTNQGAMA-008G 5&6 pin on right side of chip are TF-BOOT Pins. I have it in my Nextbook NEXT7D12R with Amlogic AML 8726-mx.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3068[/ATTACH]
                              Did you ever unbrick your 802 mkiiiss? I have the same San disk band and have it stuck in ROM mask mode any help. These are my flash errors. Have tried all four rkm factory rom
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

thanks a lot bro.thanks to you i could make it work back....

Comment

Working...
                                X